The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

Just now, Taylor3006 said:

Well after a long day of playing, got three missions done in the last dockyard phase. Main/Secondary Battery hits, cruisers, and aircraft shot down. I have earned 4 million credits so about halfway done and just started using my BBs for the ribbon mission. Those should be easy enough, probably done tomorrow or Friday. The only one that kind of worries me is the base XP one. All day playing and have managed a touch over 10k. I think what I may do is complete the two easy missions and then just use doubloons to buy my way out of that last mission. If I finish it without thinking, fine but the pressure is off. Besides, 2000 doubloons for a tier 9 seems fine and it gets me out of the grind. 

We don't need the base xp mission, do we?  There is much lower hanging fruit.  We only need 6 to get the last token, yes?

Just now, Captain Slattery said:

We don't need the base xp mission, do we?  There is much lower hanging fruit.  We only need 6 to get the last token, yes?

Yeah but if I don't do it, would need to use DDs, CVs, or subs and not thrilled about that. Hell I don't even like using BBs but can tolerate it. 

• Like 1

3 missions now complete.  3500 ribbons in cruisers just completed.
Ancillary mission progress as follows :
20 of 85 aircraft shot down.
3.8 million of 9.25 million credits.
9770 base xp of 60K needed.

My next step is to run the Großer Kurfürst and the Graf Zeppelin.  Both will be set up for secondaries.  That should give me an indication as to which mission will be completed the easiest.

1 hour ago, Captain Slattery said:

Yes, BXP is optional. I finished the week, and thus the dockyard, 1st thing this morning in about 3 hrs. No need for the BXP thankfully (only got 17,203 of the 60,000 so would have been a LONG way to go).

• 85 Plane Kills
  • 9,250,000 Credits
  • 3500 MB/Sec hits
  • 2600 Ribbons (BB)
  • 3500 Ribbons (Cruiser)
  • 2500 Ribbons (DD)

spacer.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

3 missions now complete.  3500 ribbons in cruisers just completed.
Ancillary mission progress as follows :
20 of 85 aircraft shot down.
3.8 million of 9.25 million credits.
9770 base xp of 60K needed.

My next step is to run the Großer Kurfürst and the Graf Zeppelin.  Both will be set up for secondaries.  That should give me an indication as to which mission will be completed the easiest.

🙂

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah but if I don't do it, would need to use DDs, CVs, or subs and not thrilled about that. Hell I don't even like using BBs but can tolerate it. 

If you have any of these 3 IJN DD's (Akizuki, Kitakaze, Harugumo) the DD task will be a breeze. I prefer these DD's to some of the other "popular ones" like Friesland, Groningen, Forest Sherman, etc... as you have more guns and they are more accurate. Harugumo is the boss at this kind of a task if you have it but Kitakaze and Akizuki are also very good. Think I remember you have Kidd? If so that is a decent choice too with 5 guns, fast ROF, and long lasting US smoke.

I did it in Harugumo in 8 games. Could have been 7 but came up 50 short and had to do the 8th. Just boost ahead until the reds show then smoke up (off to the side so your smoke doesn't block your team spotting for you AND so some brain dead asshat doesn't decide to ram you and push you out of the smoke) and farm away. Take down any DD's 1st as they are a threat to bust you in smoke and torp you then start farming Cruisers and BB's. It is boring game play but is very easy and will go fast (unlike 60K BXP).

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just boost ahead until the reds show then smoke up (off to the side so your smoke doesn't block your team spotting for you AND so some brain dead asshat doesn't decide to ram you and push you out of the smoke) and farm away.

This is crucial information.  That's why I prefer to have a bot behind me.  I know what he's going to do and where he's going to be.

I had this happen to me just yesterday.  I was well to the side, smoked up and started farming like a madman.  Along comes a battleship and just shoves me out of my smoke.  I didn't say anything at the time.  I checked the profile of the smoke denier, and he was pretty noob (less than 300 total battles).  I didn't downvote him.  I just shrugged and loaded back in.

Noobs don't know. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If you have any of these 3 IJN DD's (Akizuki, Kitakaze, Harugumo) the DD task will be a breeze. I prefer these DD's to some of the other "popular ones" like Friesland, Groningen, Forest Sherman, etc... as you have more guns and they are more accurate. Harugumo is the boss at this kind of a task if you have it but Kitakaze and Akizuki are also very good. Think I remember you have Kidd? If so that is a decent choice too with 5 guns, fast ROF, and long lasting US smoke.

I did it in Harugumo in 8 games. Could have been 7 but came up 50 short and had to do the 8th. Just boost ahead until the reds show then smoke up (off to the side so your smoke doesn't block your team spotting for you AND so some brain dead asshat doesn't decide to ram you and push you out of the smoke) and farm away. Take down any DD's 1st as they are a threat to bust you in smoke and torp you then start farming Cruisers and BB's. It is boring game play but is very easy and will go fast (unlike 60K BXP).

I might give that a try to save some doubloons.. Honestly I am just a bit tired of the grind and playing ships I really do not enjoy. When I play a DD in co-op, it feels like every bot is after me and I get bum rushed.  I do have the Kidd so may dust her off and give it a go. 

• Like 2

Completed the "Get 3,500 Secondary battery hits or Main battery hits ribbons" task.

Rewarded with 1 shipbuilding phase.

Pretty-much put my Illinois through a grind to do it.  But it was fun.  🙂 

Edited to add:  And Commander Azur Lane New Jersey earned 1 skill point in the process, bringing her total to 12 skill points.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

When I play a DD in co-op, it feels like every bot is after me

That's because they are, i'm not sure if it's because you are a DD or have low health, but you are a priority target for the bots. If you play often enough, you get used to it and get pretty good at dodging their attacks.

13 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I might give that a try to save some doubloons.. Honestly I am just a bit tired of the grind and playing ships I really do not enjoy. When I play a DD in co-op, it feels like every bot is after me and I get bum rushed.  I do have the Kidd so may dust her off and give it a go. 

It's critical in co-op to not be the first one detected.  The bots are like a dog with a bone.  They will target you and if you don't go undetected, they will shoot at you until the end of the match.

When you dd in co-op, hold your fire until the enemies fire at the ships behind you.  Once they have their bone, you're free to send shells downrange.

The best way to dd is to move off to the side or in front of an island, smoke up and then start farming.  @AdmiralThunder said it best here...

"Just boost ahead until the reds show then smoke up (off to the side so your smoke doesn't block your team spotting for you AND so some brain dead asshat doesn't decide to ram you and push you out of the smoke) and farm away."

Focus dd's first, cruisers next.  Once they are dead, bum rush the battleship and torp the crap out of him.  When you get comfortable doing that, you will feast!  😁

4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The only one that kind of worries me is the base XP one. All day playing and have managed a touch over 10k.

I'm not even going to worry about that one.  Its a non-critical mission that I can ignore.  I'll focus on ribbons for cruisers, battleships and destroyers which should take care of the others.

2 hours ago, Captain Slattery said:

I checked the profile of the smoke denier, and he was pretty noob (less than 300 total battles).  I didn't downvote him.  I just shrugged and loaded back in.

Noobs don't know. 

No, but they should. You tell them in chat what they did and why it was bad, and then you report them to rub the lesson in.

No consequences, no change.

• Like 1

it feels like every bot is after me and I get bum rushed.

This is me in just about every coop game.  I have bots across the map shooting at me when there is an almost dead cruiser right next to the bot.  Unless the mission is potential damage, then i can't get a bot to sneeze in my direction.

• Like 1

Yeah it is a lot of ribbon grinding this week.

Gotta rant.  Just had a guy in coop complaining about all the ribbons he had to get in chat. This same guy took his cruiser, and point blank fired torps while not once firing his main guns.

Yeah, its going to take a while for you with that tactic.

Aircraft kills DONE, 85/85

Credits 2.156 million/9.5 million 

All ships hits ribbons 1700/3500

Base XP 7365 (ahead of quota)

CV ribbons 674/2200 

BB ribbons 203/2600

Cruiser ribbons 414/3500

DD ribbons 1002/2500

Sub ribbons - not attempting.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Gotta rant.  Just had a guy in coop complaining about all the ribbons he had to get in chat. This same guy took his cruiser, and point blank fired torps while not once firing his main guns.

Yeah, its going to take a while for you with that tactic.

😄 

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Aircraft kills DONE, 85/85

Credits 2.156 million/9.5 million 

All ships hits ribbons 1700/3500

Base XP 7365 (ahead of quota)

CV ribbons 674/2200

Cruiser ribbons 414/3500

DD ribbons 1002/2500

Sub ribbons - not attempting.

For me, at the moment ....

Earn 9,250,000 Credits = 5,416,970 earned, so far.
Earn 60,000 BaseXP = 12,843 BaseXP, so far.
Get 2,600 ribbons while sailing a Battleship = 2,568/2,600 currently.
Get  3,500 ribbons while sailing a Cruiser = not started yet
Get 2,500 ribbons while sailing a Destroyer = not started yet
Get 650 ribbons while sailing a Submarine = not started yet.
In one battle, earn 2,700 BaseXP = not going to worry about this one.

Other dockyard missions which are already completed are listed in previous posts within this topic.

I've completed the "Get 2,600 ribbons" with a battleship task.  🙂 

Received 10,000 credits as a reward.

I'm amazed at the speed you guys finish 'tasks'. Perhaps WG made it too easy. LOL

Me, I'm still taking it easy. All in Operations. No micromanaging nor setting up of daily quotas. I just play a few ships in Tier IX and X Ops and everything is covered. The 2 weeks will be more than enough. 

25 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I'm amazed at the speed you guys finish 'tasks'. Perhaps WG made it too easy. LOL

Me, I'm still taking it easy. All in Operations. No micromanaging nor setting up of daily quotas. I just play a few ships in Tier IX and X Ops and everything is covered. The 2 weeks will be more than enough. 

Your choice, of course.

Personally, I'm using Co-op games that last 10 minutes or less and have their results count 100% instead of 50% in Scenario Operations that last the full 20 minute duration of a battle.

🙂 

45 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm using Co-op games that last 10 minutes or less and have their results count 100% instead of 50% in Scenario Operations that last the full 20 minute duration of a battle.

Co-op games last 10 minutes or less yet the Base XP earnings are so low, unless you play on late night hours where there is a possibility (not a guarantee) that you get the 2 humans and 7 bots lineup of your team. That can be an option but that can also negatively impact your physical health. 

Operations do not last the full 20 minutes. Aegis for instance, typically lasts 12 minutes. I've earned 1,400 to 1,900 Base XP in the Aegis games I've had since 13.8 arrived. Moreover, with good play and a well configured ship, one can average 1,900 to 2,100 Base XP in Ultimate Frontier and Cherry Blossoms, even in Raptor.

My highest so far has been with the Schlieffen at 2,502 Base XP. It took 17 minutes. If I played in Co-op, even if I was the only human player in a supership like Annapolis or Maine, it would be a miracle to even get 1,500 Base XP in less than 10 minutes.

Fortunately, Base XP in Operations are not reduced by half for Dockyard missions. 

Edited by Frostbow

45 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Your choice, of course.

Personally, I'm using Co-op games that last 10 minutes or less and have their results count 100% instead of 50% in Scenario Operations that last the full 20 minute duration of a battle.

🙂 

Like I said.  ^^^^

4 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Co-op games last 10 minutes or less yet the Base XP earnings are so low, unless you play on late night hours where there is a possibility (not a guarantee) that you get the 2 humans and 7 bots lineup of your team. That can be an option but that can also negatively impact your physical health. 

Operations do not last the full 20 minutes. Aegis for instance, typically lasts 12 minutes. I've earned 1,400 to 1,900 Base XP in the Aegis games I've had since 13.8 arrived. Moreover, with good play and a well configured ship, one can average 1,900 to 2,100 Base XP in Ultimate Frontier and Cherry Blossoms, even in Raptor.

My highest so far has been with the Schlieffen at 2,502 Base XP. It took 17 minutes. If I played in Co-op, even if I was the only human player in a supership like Annapolis or Maine, it would be a miracle to even get 1,500 Base XP in less than 10 minutes.

It's your choice.  🙂 

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It's your choice.  🙂

Indeed. I just wanted to clarify what you mentioned earlier about Operations going full 20 minutes with 50% reduction in results. They typically last shorter than that and Base XP for the Dockyard Mission is not reduced by half.