The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

I finished week 6, finally. Did lot of work worth my TX cruiser stable; Salem and Yoshino are both underrated.

The final mission set looks much easier, and with two weeks AO will more or less happen by accident now. I intend to do CVs and DDs; Smaland will print those DD & shell hit ribbons in short order, and the Essex line will melt the plane task (although I'll probably playYorktown vice Essex until I get at least one game worth entering in the DevStrike contest).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

I finished week 6, finally. Did lot of work worth my TX cruiser stable; Salem and Yoshino are both underrated.

The final mission set looks much easier, and with two weeks AO will more or less happen by accident now. I intend to do CVs and DDs; Smaland will print those DD & shell hit ribbons in short order, and the Essex line will melt the plane task (although I'll probably playYorktown vice Essex until I get at least one game worth entering in the DevStrike contest).

👍

Got the last 800 ribbons I needed for the mission tonight, and finally finished week 6. It took a bit longer than I had planned to complete, but I also didn’t get a lot of actual dockyard progress this weekend — only played CBs on Saturday, and Sunday was focused on Minnesota grinding in ops which meant rather slow ribbon progress.

Planning ahead for the final stage, I’m not too worried about any of the missions (although plane kills might be frustratingly rng dependent). Credits and base xp aren’t going to be an issue, and main/secondary hits will finish itself. I’m definitely going to be doing destroyer and probably cruiser ribbons, but hopefully I get enough plane kills that I don’t need a third ribbons mission. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

(although plane kills might be frustratingly rng dependent)

Just take Salem or Schlief into ops and profit, with the added benefit of completing the others as you go. Wedgie likes to throw us into Hermes, a LOT, so....

I had a stake  (I got Leipzig from some crate, earlier) and I didn't realised that it will permit to get  Quando for free.

Btw howz she?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Just take Salem or Schlief into ops and profit, with the added benefit of completing the others as you go. Wedgie likes to throw us into Hermes, a LOT, so....

I had a stake  (I got Leipzig from some crate, earlier) and I didn't realised that it will permit to get  Quando for free.

Btw howz she?

You don’t know my luck with ops though. Don’t need planes? Here, have lots of cherry blossom and Hermes.

Need planes? Cherry blossom and Hermes? What are those?

I’ll probably still be playing ops throughout the two weeks, so between that and randoms hopefully I complete that mission. But it’s the one I’m not going out of my way to complete.

She’s okay, I’d say. The combat instruction dispersion buff is nice to have sometimes, but other than that she’s pretty much a generic heavy cruiser. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

You don’t know my luck with ops though. Don’t need planes? Here, have lots of cherry blossom and Hermes.

Need planes? Cherry blossom and Hermes? What are those?

53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

Yeah the .... hkmmhmm... randomness of ops can be ... "interesting" at times ( that's one of the reasons why I'm convinced that Wedgie "nudges" things a bit)

Still they can't ban those ops. Raptor is also nice. Going after the Cv with Salem...yumyum.

26 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

She’s okay, I’d say. The combat instruction dispersion buff is nice to have sometimes, but other than that she’s pretty much a generic heavy cruiser. 

Yep that's how it looked to me, a bogstandard CA. A pity that no strong points. Not really caring about funny buttons.

But  its a free ships so.....

9 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Btw howz she?

A small diversion:

The man the ship is named after has an interesting history, full of ups and downs. Quite a few downs, actually; he seems to have been a major trouble magnet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_de_Oquendo 

The built-in-steel ship the Oquendo takes her name from had an equally inglorious end: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_cruiser_Almirante_Oquendo

I got Leipzig from a free Christmas crate last year, so for me the Oquendo is also completely without cost and the question of how well she performs is less critical than if I were coughing up money for her. Hopefully better than either her human or her ship namesake!!!

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Completed the "Cause 665,000 HP of damage to ships with ship torpedoes" mission for Destroyers.

Received a reward of 10,000 credits.

• Like 3

Hi all,

All done... now the final task and 14 days to do it...

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi all,

10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Completed the "Cause 665,000 HP of damage to ships with ship torpedoes" mission for Destroyers.

Received a reward of 10,000 credits.

Yep... same... all it takes is just 4-5 Kleber games in CoOp...

Leo "Apollo11"

Just so it's here fresh, with per-day quotas for the two weeks we have to finish it (if you're up to date):

7. Complete any six for 1 x T 
Shoot down 85 aircraft (12 per day plus one extra)
Earn 9.25 million credits (T) 660,715 per day, before service costs
Get 3500 main or secondary battery hits (T) 250 per day
Earn 60,000 base XP in any ship/sub (note, this does NOT have a token) 4286 per day
In CV get 2200 ribbons, 158 per day
In BB get 2600 ribbons, 186 per day
In Cruisers get 3500 ribbons  250 per day (completes a general token task)
In DD get 2500 ribbons, 179 per day
In subs get 650 ribbons, 47 per day.
In one random or ranked battle get 2700 base XP (2 x 160% Credit boosters)

The ones you HAVE to do are the earn-credit and main or secondary battery hits (any ship type) missions. All others are conditional and based on your ship preferences and availability.

Those who received the Green Submarine from the anniversary premium crate or who own the I-56 are reminded that you have a player-directed main gun. Co-op is calling. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Yep... same... all it takes is just 4-5 Kleber games in CoOp...

Leo "Apollo11"

Well played. 👍  It took me longer.  🙂 

I decided to play my non-Elite-status Destroyers, one game each, to simultaneously progress the mission and make progress on earning ShipXP for ships that need it.
Then, on a whim, I got the J. Humphries and the Gearing.
And I finished out the mission while playing the Gearing, with the intent of training Commander Bumblebee upwards from the 3 skill points that he started with.  (He's now at 5 skill points.)  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Just so it's here fresh, with per-day quotas for the two weeks we have to finish it (if you're up to date):

7. Complete any six for 1 x T 
Shoot down 85 aircraft (12 per day plus one extra)
Earn 9.25 million credits (T) 660,715 per day, before service costs
Get 3500 main or secondary battery hits (T) 250 per day
Earn 60,000 base XP in any ship/sub (note, this does NOT have a token) 4286 per day
In CV get 2200 ribbons, 158 per day
In BB get 2600 ribbons, 186 per day
In Cruisers get 3500 ribbons  250 per day (completes a general token task)
In DD get 2500 ribbons, 179 per day
In subs get 650 ribbons, 47 per day.
In one random or ranked battle get 2700 base XP (2 x 160% Credit boosters)

The ones you HAVE to do are the earn-credit and main or secondary battery hits (any ship type) missions. All others are conditional and based on your ship preferences and availability.

Those who received the Green Submarine from the anniversary premium crate or who own the I-56 are reminded that you have a player-directed main gun. Co-op is calling. 🤪

Thanks for the concise arrangement of the information.  🙂 

First mission complete.  2500 ribbons with a destroyer.

Dr. Captain Slattery says take one Friesland and call me in the morning!

12 co-op games and done.  😁

• Like 1

Completed the "Cause 1,720,000 HP of damage to ships" (while sailng a CV) task of the "In the Name of the King" mission-chain.

Rewarded with 10,000 credits.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Completed the "Get 2,200 ribbons" while sailing a CV, task of the "Rebirth of the Navy" mission-chain.

• Like 1

Completed Cruiser ribbons and ship ribbons tasks of the "Rebirth of the Navy" mission. This mission should be done by the end of this week.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Completed the "Get 2,200 ribbons" while sailing a CV, task of the "Rebirth of the Navy" mission-chain.

Which CV did you do that with so quickly?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

Which CV did you do that with so quickly?

The Graf Zeppelin.

Though, a few others could do the same thing.  It just might take them a few more games.

Edited to add:  I'm just "charging forward" in Co-op battles and using both airplanes and secondary-battery guns.
Also, I've built several of my CV's to be secondary-battery meme CV's (including the Graf Zeppelin, of course).  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Graf Zeppelin.

Though, a few others could do the same thing.  It just might take them a few more games.

Edited to add:  I'm just "charging forward" in Co-op battles and using both airplanes and secondary-battery guns.
Also, I've built several of my CV's to be secondary-battery meme CV's (including the Graf Zeppelin, of course).  🙂 

That is good to know.  I am planning on the same strategy later this week.

Phase 18 now complete.  3500 main battery or secondary hits.

A dozen Friesland games with a triple Smolensk/single Atlanta finisher.

8 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

That is good to know.  I am planning on the same strategy later this week.

Phase 18 now complete.  3500 main battery or secondary hits.

A dozen Friesland games with a triple Smolensk/single Atlanta finisher.

I'm working on that mission with my Illinois, at the moment.

Currently at 2,295 out of 3,500 ribbons.

Well after a long day of playing, got three missions done in the last dockyard phase. Main/Secondary Battery hits, cruisers, and aircraft shot down. I have earned 4 million credits so about halfway done and just started using my BBs for the ribbon mission. Those should be easy enough, probably done tomorrow or Friday. The only one that kind of worries me is the base XP one. All day playing and have managed a touch over 10k. I think what I may do is complete the two easy missions and then just use doubloons to buy my way out of that last mission. If I finish it without thinking, fine but the pressure is off. Besides, 2000 doubloons for a tier 9 seems fine and it gets me out of the grind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Dust off the Atlanta, usually good for a minimum of 100 main gun hits per game.

She is backing up my Smolensk right now.  She does send rounds down range with alacrity.

• Like 1