The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

Well it seems we are at another dockyard again. This one seems much easier than the Wisconsin Dockyard, but I think this thread for the Wisconsin was a hit so, lets recreate it! I will post updates as soon as I start the dockyard which will be in a few minutes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

This one seems much easier than the Wisconsin Dockyard

For reference: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Era of Explorations mission chain completed.

image.thumb.png.96f093f4bf3ee292faad58c04f8630b1.png

• Like 2

First phase done.

DD ribbons - Star Kitakaze was the way to go for me here, although I kicked things off with my grind ships, L'aventurier and Felix Schultz. 

Cruiser ribbons - Smolensk. Yes, I have had it since release day; no, I am not ashamed of it. If you want something that does the same thing, grind the Research Bureau and get Colbert. Alternatively there's a whole bunch of steel, coal and even tech-tree ships that will do the same thing for you. 

CV rocket hits - I have Aquila, which farms these like nobody's business, but Russian carriers are also handy at spewing out the rockets if you know how.

Damage - a mixture of all the above.

Incapacitations - achieved along the way, pretty much all done with the DD mission.

Three wins - Ha! It's co-op!

I also got 38 out of my 45 plane kills done, mostly using Aquila and then Kaga Black to finish up. I reached the damage total with Kaga before I could get all the plane kills.

So... tomorrow night we return to background grinding. No less than 3000 in Felix, no less than 1000 in each of Haarlem and L'Aventurier. Felix is going to be done in a couple of weeks, and that means I can split her 3000 XP daily quota among a BB, a sub and a carrier, the latter almost certainly being Pobeda. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

CV rocket hits - I have Aquila,

ancient-rome-roman-empire-byzantine-empi   Bat-signalmemereactiontoEstimated_prophetuseoftheAquilaSignalinaforumpost_08-26-2022_.thumb.jpg.c81bdde537f64cb0dd5c31a59128af81.jpg  😉 👍

• Thanks 1

At the moment, I've completed one Dockyard Phase.

21 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Smolensk. Yes, I have had it since release day; no, I am not ashamed of it.

Why would you even bring up being ashamed about the Smolensk as a Co-op player? 😂 

Each of us will do it our way. Each and everyone of us will play our own chosen ships. Nobody cares at all. And there's absolutely no reason to even mention the word shame in playing the Smolensk. 

Or is this your reminder that you got one before it was pulled out? 😂

Finished the first mission chain in 9 co-op games. This dockyard doesn't seem too difficult. Not gonna buy the stages since I already have the free ship and will get the two free stages of the dockyard.

• Like 1

Took me 12 co-op games. Weegee love to send the bots to the opposite flank when I play. Colbert, Schliefen & Marceue of course. 

Week 5 has the dreaded 45k base xp mission. Week 7 has 60k, but that one is normally spread over 2 weeks, so easier than week 5.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain

I wouldn't care, but I got Leipzig out of the last satan containers so might as well. Ship (Oquendo) looks like a port queen. 

Edited by Itwastuesday
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Ship (Oquendo) looks like a port queen. 

I think it has the same hull as Andalucia, which means it is very vulnerable. Good thing there will be Operations for Tier IX and X by the time I will get it, which means I can play the ship in any way I want.

• Like 1

Week 1 finished! It was pretty easy to do and I did the Submarine mission in Coop to make it more of a challenge.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frostbow said:

I think it has the same hull as Andalucia, which means it is very vulnerable. Good thing there will be Operations for Tier IX and X by the time I will get it, which means I can play the ship in any way I want.

I didn't check, I just assume every CA hull is trash. But it has neither radar or superb gimmick AP, so I'm not intrested. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Week 5 has the dreaded 45k base xp mission........

Hot tip, 20 games in T8 submarine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I didn't check, I just assume every CA hull is trash. But it has neither radar or superb gimmick AP, so I'm not intrested. 

Same here! Feel a bit "grinded out" at the moment after Wisconsin and hyper fast re-grind of Haru line for RB to unlock Colbert. Dont feel like were missing out on anything in this ships going by the CC reviews.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Hot tip, 20 games in T8 submarine.

Never. Even under torture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Never. Even under torture.

Well, doing it in another way is torture.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Well, doing it in another way is torture.

I had that problem in the Somme campaign. I don't remember the exact details, but I came to a point where it appeared to be necessary to earn ten million credits in subs. I have no problems with subs per se except that I suck in them, and fortunately I had some handy. So on went the red credit boosters; and I figured that since I'm going into Randoms anyway, why not put on the blue XP boosters while we're here? Job done, Undine and U-69 ground out, and by the length of a bee's "sausage" I got enough puzzle pieces to pick up the Somme for free. The earned credits didn't hurt, either.

(I remember telling myself "Hey, EC, you keep those red boosters for critical moments." And then I stopped myself and realized "We're playing for a free Tier 9 premium ship. THIS IS A CRITICAL MOMENT." 😁)

• Like 1

The missions aren't to the point where I'm focusing on them yet, so I'm still well short of halfway there after six games of ranked; my DDs are winning a lot but not farming a lot of damage. One or two more games will finish the DD ribbons, and when I switch to BBs damage will accelerate. I expect to be done with the week before the gaming PC goes in for several days of maintenance Saturday AM - I'll switch to Co-Op farming if I need to do so to achieve that.

I'll see if I make it to the lepzig because hey free premium, but the end ship doesn't interest me nearly enough to grind a dockyard. Wisconsin was my first time trying that after playing a few years and it was insane. 

• Like 2

First game. 

image.thumb.png.4196d92232dc0f073bceda78cbc3bb48.png

Not quite enough for battleship ribbons but enough for 4 kills.

Edited by Itwastuesday
  • Like 1

Done with this weeks Dockyard missions, had a lot of free time today, the ribbon quests for cruisers and DDs were easy to accomplish, thanks to Smolensk and F. Sherman. Not really interested in the ship, so i don't bought a starter pack, if i can finish the Dockyard by just playing normally, i might get her, but if i can't, i won't lose any sleep over it.

Had a kind of b.s. day with stuff I needed to do and shaky internet. But I nearly got it done tonight, need 15 more plane kills and less than half of the damage task. So not too bad considering I couldn't focus on it for the day. Tomorrow it will be done which means 7 days PT and 3 days extra from the event pass. Should make for a good week-end, I'll be able to just have some fun and not fret over any kind of grind.

On 8/8/2024 at 2:51 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Cruiser ribbons - Smolensk. Yes, I have had it since release day; no, I am not ashamed of it. If you want something that does the same thing, grind the Research Bureau and get Colbert. Alternatively there's a whole bunch of steel, coal and even tech-tree ships that will do the same thing for you. 

I have both the Smolensk and Smolensk B. They are so damn useful. This is Coop battles. Hardly any in randoms. I got the Smolensk B in the auction so I can have one DPM and one range. Ashamed? No i do not use it randoms instead I bring fire and destruction on bots and enjoying it. I have Colbert too. 

The bots union are after me!

image.thumb.png.25b65f21d1a6e6b82f987c0cbf1b2a2f.png

Hi all,

• 20+ "Ranked Silver" battles (I would have done them anyways - goal is to have 21 victories for MAX rewarsd in a sprint)
  • 7x CoOp (4x CV for killing planes and 3x Marceau for DD ribbons)

Leo "Apollo11"