World of Warships 9th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Frostbow

38 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'm playing a long game, with the final intention of having all of the unique commanders up at 21 points (I already have at least one 21 pointer in every nation), so he's actually the most important prize for me, especially with the Pan-Am battleships early access kicking off at the same time. Since they start at Tier 8, there may be some luck or money involved; and if that's the case it'll be a matter of regrinding whatever ship the line's going to spring off from. 

The rest of it is nice, but I have so many American premium cruisers in my port that the Rochester's not a temptation - and while the Benson camo looks cool, I've long since finished with her except for snowflakes so I can take it or leave it. If I finish the collection for the Pan-Am commander with festive tokens to spare, I'll spend as much as I can of what's left on supercontainers. I got three premium ships out of last year's event, so I'm not expecting a huge amount of luck this year anyway.

My estimation in the abstract is that the new commander is the highest value item, just not for me personally. I think I'd still be short even if I dumped all my tokens into the collection... I assume he'll be around for coal at some later point.

I agree that Rochester isn't the most exciting T8 premium they could have picked. I doubt she'll be much more than flake bait for me.

(Not sure how my post got split)

8 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

My estimation in the abstract is that the new commander is the highest value item, just not for me personally. I think I'd still be short even if I dumped all my tokens into the collection... I assume he'll be around for coal at some later point.

This isn’t the first commander to be a permanent collection reward (Sansonetti was the first back when Italian cruisers dropped). After 6 or so months the relevant containers should show up in the Armory for coal.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

I notice Victoria is in that update, and you aren't forced to gacha her. I'm interested in that ship, although maybe I shouldn't bother since I spent all that effort to get Wisconsin and still haven't played my first battle in her yet.

39 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

I agree that Rochester isn't the most exciting T8 premium they could have picked.

Not to someone like me with a near-full hand, although if she's baby's first US premium CA then she represents a prime catch. 

One of the reasons I suspect she was picked is that WG not all that long ago gave out BOTH Doe brothers for free, and American heavy cruisers are one of the types that benefit from their skills, on top of which Rochester doesn't have radar and therefore won't be perceived as adding en masse to the list of destroyer players' woes. (She does have smoke, but heavy smoke cruisers tend to run afoul of their smoke-firing penalty with 8 inch guns and this stops them from being as toxic as certain CLs have been.)

So she synergizes well with a prize that many players will already have received, and will be seen as useful and desirable in that context.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah.  I was reminded of some aquatic game that The Mighty Jingles had done some videos of.
But, it's been a while and I couldn't remember the name.  Thanks for reminding me that it was Subnautica.

Definitely not "Sealab 2020" cartoon.  🙂 
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068129/

I used to not watch many of his other than WG vids, but that one I loved watching him play it and had to pick it up myself. 

• Like 1

With the ships I actually have currently in my port:

image.png.45417eca4946620f25440866e8e0e0d8.png

By the time the Anniversary event comes I have at the least Le Hardi, Orage & Cassard ontop added to the pool, and I could always part with some silver to buy back some old TT ships I sold years ago

...And Rochester itself would again move the total sum abit during the event.

Edited by aleksi111
Rochester part

I estimate to get around 35000 token by the end of 13.8

I expect the ship, 110 SCs, 2 chance in armory event, 50 T3 bonuses and around 47 collection containers.

I wonder what will the BP look like that patch.

Just had a check on "bonus level" for Ninth Anniversary Gift container, it is not 21+, but the level 0 that automatically unlock at start.

Edited by a252

Yeah the Rochester seems pretty "meh".   Not really a fan of AP only ships but it is a tier 8 so that means a bit more steel each year for flake events. It also takes it out of the prize pool so that is a good thing. 

I can farm 24k+ tokens so for me, it is the ship, 85 collection containers, and spend the last bit on super containers I suppose.  I agree with Tricericon that the captain is the better prize to farm so want to get as many collection crates as possible. Spending coal on the crates later on is expensive IMHO and honestly, the other stuff available like supers, the camo, boosters, and other crap, just isn't worth it.

BTW I expect that the 85 collection crates will not give me a complete set so it is likely I will have to eventually complete the collection using coal later down the road. 

Edited by Taylor3006

5 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I used to not watch many of his other than WG vids, but that one I loved watching him play

Jingles tells a story well. I watched all the way through his play-throughs of Subnautica and Deliver Us The Moon not for the games, which I had absolutely NO interest in EVER playing, but solely for his narration of the adventure and the back-story.

• Like 1

I was just reading thru the Dev Log again and saw the part about adding "collection tokens". The way I read it, is if you get a piece of any collection that is a duplicate, you get this token. Am I understanding that correctly?

Was pondering it because I will get that "Belle Epoque" container from that WWI mission and I have a complete collection of that. Am thinking I should keep it unopened until the patch to collect a token instead of just taking the normal credits for a duplicate piece.. That about right?

For me this event doesn't look better or worse than last years. So that's a plus. I'm looking forward for all the steel I will be getting from compensation and T11 ships.

Looking at a total of ~37k points from ships plus the 5000 from BP, I can say that I'll be getting everything but the kitchen sink.

PS: I'll be also getting the Xin Zhong Guo 14 for free as the free Ninth Anniversary Gift container cannot drop anything else.

2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah the Rochester seems pretty "meh".   Not really a fan of AP only ships but it is a tier 8 so that means a bit more steel each year for flake events. It also takes it out of the prize pool so that is a good thing. 

Rochester has HE as well as AP. She’s essentially a Baltimore that trades the radar/fighter slot and a couple seconds of reload for being able to run DFAA, hydro, and smoke in three separate slots.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Rochester has HE as well as AP. She’s essentially a Baltimore that trades the radar/fighter slot and a couple seconds of reload for being able to run DFAA, hydro, and smoke in three separate slots.

Ahh ok, thanks for the correction. I must have misread something. Thank you Nevermore. 

15 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

Updated: looks like we also get 5000 tokens for BP

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

plus the 5000 from BP, I can say that I'll be getting everything but the kitchen sink.

I updated the news forum thread for this topic.

Came here to do it and see at least a couple of you saw that WG has edited the OG DevBlog. However, just so you 2 (and everyone else who reads) are clear it isn't 5000 tokens from the Battlepass 1st line (free). It is 4000. The other 1000 we can get (so 5000 additional in total) will come through the daily login/Anniversary rewards. So, make sure you login enough to gather all of those 1000. 

Additionally, there are more ways to obtain Festive Tokens:

First progression line of Event Pass: 4,000 Festive Tokens.
Anniversary daily rewards: 1,000 Festive Tokens.

*06.08.2024 Included information about exact amounts of Festive Tokens that can be obtained from Event Pass and Anniversary daily rewards.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

5 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

With the ships I actually have currently in my port:

image.png.45417eca4946620f25440866e8e0e0d8.png

Thanks for the table, went and made my own as well, I can currently earn 37,320 tokens, I only need 13,750 for the Supercontainer, might as well get the Rochester replacement steel as well. Leaves about 17k left to play with. 

What is the try for special armory event do? I don't seem to see that explanation. 

• Like 1

I'll get enough tokens to get the 110 super containers and the Rochester, which I already own. So out of the available ships I would get either the Z-35, the Borodino or the Gascogne. Not sure which one to get but I play ops and coop so I'll take a look at specs when the time comes. I'll still have at least 7000 tokens left, depending on how many more ships I add.

Around 41-42 K Tokens with those in the battlepass. It seems like a slight nerf compared to last year or that the WGs tactic is to give away roughly the same but as your fleet grows it is necessary to lower the rewards in different ways so that the total stays the same.

So at first glance:

I will prio the Commander , how many boxes will be necessary is the question as there might be a few items coming from other sources. (BP containers and the 2 draws?

Let us assume that we need 85.

I will get all the blue boosters. Then SCs. Rochester and the other ships are already in port so is the steel worth it? maybe.

Will i get the flags etc maybe. Bensons camo , No it is too ugly for my taste. Zietens last year were better IMO. We will see what is left after this.

My total assesment is that the commander is expensive and needs to be at high points. Any member that have seen what level we can expect?

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

I will prio the Commander , how many boxes will be necessary is the question as there might be a few items coming from other sources. (BP containers and the 2 draws?

Honestly I figure the 85 crates will not drop enough collection pieces to finish the 60 piece collection. You can wait for the crates to be added to Armory, not sure how long a wait that will be.  What I am planning is to grab some other collections crates and not open them until the new patch. If you read the notes, they talk about giving "collection tokens" instead of getting credits for duplicates. Those tokens can be exchanged for any pieces of any of the collections from my reading of the notes. Right now there are Transformers crates available for 300k credits. I am thinking of buying some of those since my Transformers collection is complete. I am also saving opening my Belle Epoque crate until the patch since that collection is completed too. The nice thing is that even if I get really lucky and get all 60 collection pieces from that 85 crate draw, I can still save the other tokens for the next collection they release. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 6:07 AM, Frostbow said:

The DevBlog for the 9th Anniversary is now live, and there are a lot of details, changes, improvements—and possible nerfs!—to digest.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/552

Let's start the discussion rolling here. Among the changes I find good:

• We can claim additional Battle performance bonuses for other ships by cumulatively earning 1,000 Base XP. 
  • WG reduced limitations of how many ships we have to own in order to be able to get several bonuses, making it easier for players with smaller fleets to benefit from this mechanic.
  • We will now be able to trigger Battle Performance bonuses for other ships, while playing the same ship multiple times.

"These changes will make conditions for obtaining Battle Performance bonuses less demanding. Now you are free to bring your entire fleet into battle as before or play only on your favorite ship in preferred battle type and still get the Battle performance bonuses rewards."

Very nice. And it will help busy players in managing their playtime and IRL priorities.

I usually dont have many kind words to speak of WG, but credit when credits due.

I kinda love most of this! Love the fact that you can knock of multiple rewards by owning a bit less ships in port. LOVE the fact that I dont need to play a lot of my crinch ships to knock of rewards but instead re-play a lot of my sweet T9 Premiums and T10 Special ships to do it instead, this will be more enjoyment and less "work/grind".

How do the puzzles work these days? Are you usually able to finish them without spending money on RNG crates? Just know some of my latest puzzles are still unfinished.

Is Le Terrible and Orcan any good?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I usually dont have many kind words to speak of WG, but credit when credits due.

I kinda love most of this! Love the fact that you can knock of multiple rewards by owning a bit less ships in port. LOVE the fact that I dont need to play a lot of my crinch ships to knock of rewards but instead re-play a lot of my sweet T9 Premiums and T10 Special ships to do it instead, this will be more enjoyment and less "work/grind".

How do the puzzles work these days? Are you usually able to finish them without spending money on RNG crates? Just know some of my latest puzzles are still unfinished.

Yes, this is a big QoL improvement from WG that is most welcome. 

About the puzzles I would like to think they can be completed without spending real cash. 

About Le Terrible and Orkan, I do not have any idea since I hardly play them because I am not good at destroyers. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 12:17 AM, MnemonScarlet said:

I notice Victoria is in that update, and you aren't forced to gacha her. I'm interested in that ship, although maybe I shouldn't bother since I spent all that effort to get Wisconsin and still haven't played my first battle in her yet.

I'm curious what would be the final form of Victoria. 

And about the Wisconsin, I nearly forgot her, as my attention was on Montana and a few old favorite Tier X BBs (Republique, Kremlin, and Colombo) that I have been planning to bring to Mode Shuffle. My first and only battle so far with the Wisconsin was in Mode Shuffle and it was a memorable one.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Le terrible is a tier VIII ranked top choice, she’s pretty decent.

Orkan is best described as a whole heap of meh. She has radar, but she is saddled with awful British guns and only a single torp launcher. She has a heal, but not a good one. She has no smoke. She has engine boost but she’s slow for a DD so all the engine boost ends up doing is giving you normal speed. She has a few pluses but she pays a steep price for those advantages.

• Thanks 1

Can you explain how anniversary works for all this ?

Thx in advance

Jean

PS: I have 620 ships in my Port, for reference

1 hour ago, SerahKhan said:

Can you explain how anniversary works for all this ?

Thx in advance

Jean

PS: I have 620 ships in my Port, for reference

This year is an improved version of it.

You can find the link to the DevBlog and a few selected highlights here:

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/4529-world-of-warships-9th-anniversary-discussion-thread/

• Like 1