Half Price Ship Upgrades Starts 13th September ×

World of Warships 9th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Frostbow

The DevBlog for the 9th Anniversary is now live, and there are a lot of details, changes, improvements—and possible nerfs!—to digest.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/552

Let's start the discussion rolling here. Among the changes I find good:

• We can claim additional Battle performance bonuses for other ships by cumulatively earning 1,000 Base XP. 
  • WG reduced limitations of how many ships we have to own in order to be able to get several bonuses, making it easier for players with smaller fleets to benefit from this mechanic.
  • We will now be able to trigger Battle Performance bonuses for other ships, while playing the same ship multiple times.

"These changes will make conditions for obtaining Battle Performance bonuses less demanding. Now you are free to bring your entire fleet into battle as before or play only on your favorite ship in preferred battle type and still get the Battle performance bonuses rewards."

Very nice. And it will help busy players in managing their playtime and IRL priorities.

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Seems like a kinda rough change for coop, rather than playing the good high tier ships it appears to be better to play ops/randoms in your good T6-8 as their base xp bar is lower. Or just yolo rush repeatedly in Kleber/Emilio for 300 games, which would kill me of boredom. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13.8 is supposed to bring us high tier ops. So maybe all of it can be done in our favourite ships regardless of tier.

• Like 2

Not too fond of the significant nerf to Tier 10 token earnings. I'm still almost certainly going to be able to afford Rochester, but it won't be as large of a margin as it was with last year's. Credits are the bottleneck for progression in World of Warships. Expecting everyone to keep all the in-between ships that serve no purpose and either lack a commander entirely or have low commander points just for these types of events is ridiculous. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Not too fond of the significant nerf to Tier 10 token earnings. I'm still almost certainly going to be able to afford Rochester, but it won't be as large of a margin as it was with last year's. Credits are the bottleneck for progression in World of Warships. Expecting everyone to keep all the in-between ships that serve no purpose and either lack a commander entirely or have low commander points just for these types of events is ridiculous. 

Yeah. Kind of sucks.

Last year we got 200 Tokens per Tier X ship. Now it has been reduced to 125 Tokens per Tier X ship.

I suppose they decided to nerf that because Tier XI ships now give 200 Steel instead of 200 Tokens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Seems like a kinda rough change for coop, rather than playing the good high tier ships it appears to be better to play ops/randoms in your good T6-8 as their base xp bar is lower. Or just yolo rush repeatedly in Kleber/Emilio for 300 games, which would kill me of boredom. 

Could play some ships a bunch to clear a handful of ships before moving on too. I will likely play all my ships a match or two to clear them because I like running through them all a few times a year at least. Maybe play a couple more to clear the couple ships I don't really enjoy playing like Bearn and Mysore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

Yeah. I've wondered why we keep getting camos to random tech tree ships too... Like this new Benson camo. I liked Benson a plenty, but why would I have it anymore? 

Purchasing 5 random t5 ships for supercontainer (125) will cost you around 3m credits after selling them back (and clan discount). T6 ships are over double the cost for only 35 token/ship, T7 around 4x for twice the tokens, T8 something like 7x for 3x tokens and T9 almost 10x for 4x token. Ape math price reference USDD tree. 

So I can get a ship instead of 50 supercontainers. I'd rather have the fun of opening containers usually, except you can get Vanguard for free (if you have Rochester), which I kinda want. 

Also green supercontainer is gonna get me a chinese submarine looks like. Yay. 

A free tier 6 and an obtainable Rochester for many players? Sweet 😁

3 hours ago, MashedPotatoSalad said:

A free tier 6 and an obtainable Rochester for many players? Sweet 😁

yep, event seems as great as it was last year.

30600 tokens for me on my main acc. Meaning I'll get Gascone (the only missing ship in that list) + sick Benson camo + 2 tries for special event + 85 Battle of Paso de Patria containers + 40 supercontainers + 2200 steel + pan-asian sub 

Updated: looks like we also get 5000 tokens for BP, verynice

Edited by ReDiR20

So if you buy T5 ships with clan discount, resell them at 50%, get supercontainer, get signals... You get signals at roughly half the price you usually would have to pay. Which just reminds me of how stupidly expensive signals actually are. 

I am wondering how many do I need to finish Battle of Paso de Patria Collection.

They are putting a limit of 85 container so I think I will have to spend significant point if I am interested in finishing off the collection.

7 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

13.8 is supposed to bring us high tier ops. So maybe all of it can be done in our favourite ships regardless of tier.

Yes, it will start in 13.8. More than anything else, that is what I am most excited for. And the best part: we can use Tier XI ships!

7 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

That's what is currently on my mind, right after I read the Dev Blog. There are other options aside from Co-op, such as Operations, Brawls, and other PVP modes.

I wouldn't do 300 games playing Kleber/Emilio in Co-op. It is detrimental to my health. LOL

20 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Yes, it will start in 13.8. More than anything else, that is what I am most excited for. And the best part: we can use Tier XI ships!

XI in Ops is the least relevant part. They will barely earn credits

5 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

XI in Ops is the least relevant part. They will barely earn credits

It is alright (at least for me) as I have enough credits. What I am after for is the challenge and the memes we can make with Tier XIs in Operations. 

Top of mind: Annapolis, Zorkiy, Edgar. 

5 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I liked Benson a plenty, but why would I have it anymore? 

For snowflakes.

7 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Seems like a kinda rough change for coop, rather than playing the good high tier ships it appears to be better to play ops/randoms in your good T6-8 as their base xp bar is lower.

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that the XP bar is cumulative this time, and I don't mind having a second or even third shot (if things go really far south at high tier) when I know that everything I do counts toward the result.

6 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Yeah. Kind of sucks.

Last year we got 200 Tokens per Tier X ship. Now it has been reduced to 125 Tokens per Tier X ship.

I suppose they decided to nerf that because Tier XI ships now give 200 Steel instead of 200 Tokens.

Keep in mind the pool of t10 and t9 ships has increased, so to keep parity with last year WG would either have to raise the price, and/or lower the rewards.

• Confused 1

Anyone else get major subnautica vibes from “Planeta Aquatica“?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

yep, event seems as great as it was last year.

30600 tokens for me on my main acc. Meaning I'll get Gascone (the only missing ship in that list) + sick Benson camo + 2 tries for special event + 85 Battle of Paso de Patria containers + 40 supercontainers + 2200 steel + pan-asian sub 

Updated: looks like we also get 5000 tokens for BP, verynice

I have 13,695 "in hand" and may pick up a few more from odds and ends. I think that means Rochester, maybe the two "Armory Tries" depending on the rewards and odds, and then SCs for me. I don't have any Pan-Asian ships so the captain is low value to me, and SCs are high value for that 1% chance at RP. I'm just barely below the magic threshold to get the last RB ship I want three months earlier and 700,000 FXP cheaper...

Can't complain overall.

I have seen some complaints here and there, although all relatively minor, but still: all I see is that I can get all 110 SCs without doing anything different than the usual, and still have 5210 tokens left. I can get 52 of each signals, 41 of each rare bonuses, or maybe break my in-game piggy bank to get more ships and unlock the Rochester.

These SCs are almost guaranteed to give a few thousands doubloons, so I'll happily take them!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Anyone else get major subnautica vibes from “Planeta Aquatica“?

Yeah.  I was reminded of some aquatic game that The Mighty Jingles had done some videos of.
But, it's been a while and I couldn't remember the name.  Thanks for reminding me that it was Subnautica.

Definitely not "Sealab 2020" cartoon.  🙂 
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068129/

2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Keep in mind the pool of t10 and t9 ships has increased, so to keep parity with last year WG would either have to raise the price, and/or lower the rewards.

Yeah, but what about those who do not have that many Tier X ships? The nerf can be easily felt. Not all players have large fleets. Each nerf of the 'Festive Rewards' is sad. And the glaring irony—what's supposed to be 'festive' is reduced. LOL

56 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

I don't have any Pan-Asian ships so the captain is low value to me

The new one? I think you mean he's Pan-American. Big difference, although if you don't have any Pan-American ships either then your personal estimation of his value remains correct.

I'm playing a long game, with the final intention of having all of the unique commanders up at 21 points (I already have at least one 21 pointer in every nation), so he's actually the most important prize for me, especially with the Pan-Am battleships early access kicking off at the same time. Since they start at Tier 8, there may be some luck or money involved; and if that's the case it'll be a matter of regrinding whatever ship the line's going to spring off from. 

The rest of it is nice, but I have so many American premium cruisers in my port that the Rochester's not a temptation - and while the Benson camo looks cool, I've long since finished with her except for snowflakes so I can take it or leave it. If I finish the collection for the Pan-Am commander with festive tokens to spare, I'll spend as much as I can of what's left on supercontainers. I got three premium ships out of last year's event, so I'm not expecting a huge amount of luck this year anyway.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The new one? I think you mean he's Pan-American. Big difference, although if you don't have any Pan-American ships either then your personal estimation of his value remains correct.

Correct, I meant Pan-American (although my Pan-Asian fleet is almost as small). Good catch,