Opinion needed - Which ship and why?

Lord_Slayer

19 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

. Z-42 is sort of like a German Daring and a bit of a Z-52 sidegrade, with the British short smokes but German hydro

I like to think of her as a Harugumo with hydro. She has the advantage over the Harugumo that her torpedoes reload faster (or more to the point, the first salvo is ready sooner) and come as two separate racks, and in being a premium so you can drop Lutjens in while still keeping him for a different tech-tree ship. Glorious co-op fun.

Ragnar is Friesland on steroids that swaps her smoke and hydro out for radar and bigger guns, and in the co-op context I sometimes feel she gives up too much for what she gets.

Plymouth is Edinburgh with quad guns instead of triples that keeps her smoke when she gets radar, but only gets a standard heal (IIRC). More useful to me than Ragnar.

Vallejo seems to be in the same box as Tulsa and Congress, a neutered version of an existing ship, with its balls cut off to bring it down a tier. Only get it if you really think you need a premium Worcester with one turret ripped out. My impression from watching gameplay is that there's nothing she does in co-op that Salem doesn't do better for coal, so she's not on my to-buy list.

Lauria doesn't interest me (I'm more likely to get the Sicilia from the Research Bureau for the barrel count), Kommisar even less (though I have no objection to hybrids per se). Mecklenburg is technically the battlecruiser answer to a co-op player's dreams, but lacks the hydro she needs for self-protection. That being said, she may end up being my next steel ship because the alternatives not on the OP's list are either uninteresting (Shikishima is just an overweight Incomparable without any of her British cousin's gimmicks; Austin lacks the AP she really needs vs. thin-skinned cruisers; Stalingrad is a meme I have no need for), not what I really need right now (Gato; I like subs, but I don't do particularly well with them in co-op, especially after the recent changes), or fraught with risk (FDR is an uncertain prospect until I know how the CV spotting changes are going to shake out in practice). 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

X Ruggiero di Lauria or X Mecklenburg Doubloons

The former is faster and has bigger guns and a supposedly interesting torpedo defense system.
The latter is reasonably fast (for a battleship) and offers torpedoes for brawling, especially attractive in the feeding-frenzy environment of Co-op mode.

Same two, same order, but for random and ranked.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Any of the DDs, Ragnar or Z-42. Why?  

Because high tier BB play is very boring, and High tier CL play is very frustrating. DDs keep the most agency, and have the most dynamic and fun playstyle. 

9871489181.gif.0363a20e654ee188fa42fa8617212904.gif

• Like 1