C'mon WG.. Why do you have to make EVERYTHING so Hard and Expensive?

Col_NASTY

I'll try to keep this short.

Been waiting for YEARS to do something about this..  This was my first 19 pointer years ago. ( now 21)   I am not into the characters but he was the closest so I focused on him.

Ever since,  I now have a TON of 21 pointers and wish I could retire him. ( he's on my Gearing ) 

Can't just move his points to a regular Capt.  Not asking to move the points to a " Special Capt."  Just a " regular "  One.

THIS is what WG wants to do it.

asrgasrsregsreg.thumb.png.7440105b9dba5447b098abc8ca47e85b.png

This is just BS!  

Yeah I know I have enough XP to make 10 more 21 pointers but that is not the point.

Why do they have to make THIS so expensive??  WHY??

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Because they want everybody to grind more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Yeah.. for people like me , we don't have to grind anymore.  They need to give us things WORTH spending all of our accumulated resources on.

Not just silly things like this.

Years ago it was the Carrot of grinding and getting all the resources.

Then they made them by all means Worthless for what we got them for.

Looking at YOU FXP Ships.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Yeah.. for people like me , we don't have to grind anymore.  They need to give us things WORTH spending all of our accumulated resources on.

Not just silly things like this.

Years ago it was the Carrot of grinding and getting all the resources.

Then they made them by all means Worthless for what we got them for.

Looking at YOU FXP Ships.

Yeah. I've used FXP just for leveling captains for ships I don't play much anyway and credits for superships I don't play much anyway. 

48 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Been waiting for YEARS to do something about this..  This was my first 19 pointer years ago. ( now 21)   I am not into the characters but he was the closest so I focused on him.

Ever since,  I now have a TON of 21 pointers and wish I could retire him. ( he's on my Gearing ) 

Can't just move his points to a regular Capt.  Not asking to move the points to a " Special Capt."  Just a " regular "  One.

This is just BS!  

Yeah I know I have enough XP to make 10 more 21 pointers but that is not the point.

Pure capitalism.

The game isn't free.

I feel your pain, but it's what the industry is these days.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for new coal ships that aren't cv's or subs. Imo WeeGee's trying to ghost them away like they did the fxp ships. Just another marketing ploy to squeeze more money out of us. I keep getting tier 11's when my bank reaches 100m credits. Not to play that much but for the research points at Christmas.

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

and wish I could retire him.

Why?

3 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Can't just move his points to a regular Capt.

If you deactivate the corresponding "Content" filter, you'll see the guy just like any other regular Captain. And that's free... my anime Captains are all dudes called Yoshiro, Takeshi or whatever, no squeky voices too. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I believe that increasing throughput is the spreadsheet guru prime objective....  Play volume = Revenue expectations.

As I see it, making exciting and "new" vis-a'-vis cloned content is massively more expensive and has some significant "risk" involved....  This is a mature game and the last thing it wants to do is "introduce new content" that would drive investment requirements that increases the maintenance costs to maintain that new content and, the "real risk" that the excitement of the new content then would "demand" expansion of that new content.....  Blowing what was easy to do................endless clones and that ^^^^^ that kind of crappy behaviors....

TOO MUCH RISK !   Too many mind.

Edited by Asym
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

If you deactivate the corresponding "Content" filter, you'll see the guy just like any other regular Captain. And that's free... my anime Captains are all dudes called Yoshiro, Takeshi or whatever, no squeky voices too. 

Simple and brilliant.  ^^^^   DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0f2763590046c89bd5bf15ac8e9c3037.jpg

• Like 2

I don't do Wedgie 'hard & expensive'. I suggest everyone do the same, namely, refuse to get suckered into doing anything 'expensive'. 

As to the Commander 'Dr Ecraseur', I don't recall when he was first offered. He looks so rediculous I never bothered to obtain him.  You getting him to 21 pts is entirely on you. If you want to dump a 21 pt Cpt, go ahead.  What is so 'hard' about that. 🤔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Yep, that's what I've been doing for ages. 

• Like 1

It's to make converting credits to ECXP less practical.

There are people like me who've intentionally spent credits to boost captains.

Edited by Verytis

In a perfect world, things doesn't have to be this hard and expensive.

However Weegee is a business. They know if they squeeze player too much the playerbase will have enough and leave. If they make things easy they will be challenged by superior for why not to squeeze playerbase harder. Also they may have a cut in terms of bonus for revenue, so they do have motivation to monetize things. After all they need money to put food on table, the more the merrier, otherwise they don't meet the kpi and get sacked, with someone else more capable to take in the place.

That is the reason for having some premium time, econ bonus etc. There is always an option to smooth things up if you are willing to open up the wallet.

It is just like an abusive relationship, if one side keep slapping on the other, obvious the relationship ends very soon. But with other manipulation technique like apologizing, saying "will not do it again", and do a bit to cheer up the otherside. This kind of abusive relationship last longer.

Edited by a252

19 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I thought that also changes the ones I like .. Like CAP

7 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

I'm not sure tbh, there are many cathegories, gotta make some trial and error I guess. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Depends upon the filter setting(s)?
I'll check with my Captain Cap.

Edit:  Okay.  So, from what I could see of the menu options, it would be possible to keep Cap enabled.
image_2024-07-25_121957284.thumb.png.fc48bef67ade7f15ff371b17fc749645.png 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Depends upon the filter setting(s)?
I'll check with my Captain Cap.

Edit:  Okay.  So, from what I could see of the menu options, it would be possible to keep Cap enabled.
image_2024-07-25_121957284.thumb.png.fc48bef67ade7f15ff371b17fc749645.png 

I turned off rogue wave and he's still there. I'm missing something.

Dr. Ecraseur is from the Master of the Water World event, according to what I found.
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-0112-turtle-ship/
Edited to add:  Not sure why turning off Rogue Wave isn't working for you?  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/rogue-wave/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Dr. Ecraseur is from the Master of the Water World event, according to what I found.
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-0112-turtle-ship/
Edited to add:  Not sure why turning off Rogue Wave isn't working for you?  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/rogue-wave/

I've noticed that the commanders require a restart of WoWs to see a difference.   It works immediately on the ship's camo.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

18 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

I've noticed that the commanders require a restart of WoWs to see a difference.   It works immediately on the ship's camo.

Well that is helpful.  Thanks.  🙂   ^^^^^

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 8:14 PM, Itwastuesday said:

Because they want everybody to grind  pay more.

The conversion rate is 10 credits to 1 CXP.

The final cost being presented is only so high because he is trying to liquidate a maxed out lvl 21 captain.

Comparing the time required for a captain to accumulate the required cxp, this is really a minor inconvenience.