Dev Blog 475 = 6 new Black Friday ships [2023] (plus other stuff :p )

Grantwhy

8 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Is there a reason I'd want a Black B if I already have Black?

Indubitably: you'd have the Vanilla one for day-to-day, and the S&M version for Special occasions...!

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2023 at 6:33 AM, Asym said:

It's yet another hard PASS.  Who the heck needs "black ships" anyway???  Gimmicks, they be........whale bait:  no more and no less...

Look your forgetting that a lot of black ships are not for sale anymore this is a great way to pick up say a Massachusetts a really fun ship that's not for sale anymore and there's quite a few more. Your assuming everyone has all the Black ships already but there are lots of ships that people missed out on and can now pick up during this event . You would be wise to check the list IMHO.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, clammboy said:

Look your forgetting that a lot of black ships are not for sale anymore this is a great way to pick up say a Massachusetts a really fun ship that's not for sale anymore and there's quite a few more. You assuming everyone has all the Black ships already but there are lots of ships that people missed out on and can now pick up during this event . You would be wise to check the list IMHO.

There’s also the fact that the Black ships are also cheaper than their “standard” counterparts. This means that the ships have appeal to some players even if the regular ships are still available.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Yes.  I don't see the point.  Exact same ship but "Black."  At least the Kongo and Maya clones were different ships - sorta.

The Kongos aren't; they're functionally identical to the tech-tree ship when it's fully researched. Non-ARP Maya is a different kettle of fish; she's more like a Tier 7 Atago/Takao than the same-tier Myoko.

14 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Is there a reason I'd want a Black B if I already have Black?

Only if you are really, REALLY certain regarding how you want to build her differently in terms of her upgrade modules, and you plan to use both on a constant basis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

There’s also the fact that the Black ships are also cheaper than their “standard” counterparts. This means that the ships have appeal to some players even if the regular ships are still available.

Yes good point I forgot to mention in my post. So many people just want to poo poo everything but this is a good event for lots of people. Just so many closed minded people worried about getting ripped off they don't look at everything. There are plenty of bad deal deals WG throws out there this event isn't one of them.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

As a former shameless Whale I do have all the Black ships.  All the Kobayashi's too.

All of them I got for the looks.

Smolly Black and Black Black are tempting

But unless I get them in a Box ill pass

• Like 1

i have all the past black ships including the Dunkerque B that was only avaliable through a chain of missions .a couple of yrs ago 

as for this one  unless i get a container  from a mission  , im giving this a pass  

just like the over priced ARP ships . what ever happend to the missions we used to get to obtain these ships 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

56 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

just like the over priced ARP ships . what ever happend to the missions we used to get to obtain these ships 

I've been playing this game since before the first Black Friday event, and there have never been any of these "B" ships obtaineable as free mission rewards. The best one could ever hope for was to get one from one of the free Black Friday event containers.

Edited by Nevermore135

30 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I've been playing this game since before the first Black Friday event, and there have never been any of these "B" ships obtaineable as free mission rewards. The best one could ever hope for was to get one from one of the free Black Friday event containers.

i stand corrected  god it from a special bundle  my apoligies nevermore

as for missions for ships thats how i got all the arp kongo ones except kirishma  i didnt get that mission finnished

shot-23.09.08_14.53.27-0875.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight

You are also forgetting if you bought a black ship you already had you got a very easy mission to get 2500 doubloons and 25k coal back for the JB and a little different amounts for lower tiers  . You just had to win 5 games with the non black version and you got back 2500 doubloons and the coal and some ships you got back 2500 doubloons and a 100k FXP. so It was not so bad as these guys make it seem. 

Edited by clammboy

2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

You are also forgetting if you bought a black ship you already had you got a very easy mission to to get 2500 doubloons and 25k coal for the JB and a little different amounts for lower tiers  . You just had to win 5 games with the non black version and you got back 2500 doubloons and the coal and some ships you got back 2500 doubloons and a 100k FXP. so It was not so bad as these guys make it seem. 

i knew that  . ive been in WOW's for almost 7 yrs

Just now, Gaelic_knight said:

i knew that  . ive been in WOW's for almost 7 yrs

Sorry but I never said you didn't I never quoted anybody.

2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i stand corrected  god it from a special bundle  my apoligies nevermore

as for missions for ships thats how i got all the arp kongo ones except kirishma  i didnt get that mission finnished

shot-23.09.08_14.53.27-0875.jpg

I started playing WOWs *after* the first Arpeggio of Blue Steel collaboration event.
As I see it, the first event provided players with a "free sample" if they were willing to do the missions.

Subsequent ARP events changed what items were offered as a "free sample".
Eventually we've gotten to where we are now, with ships & commanders being "bundled".

Even so, I'm still glad there's an opportunity for players to welcome Arpeggio of Blue Steel phenoms to their Port and enjoy sailing them on the virutal seas.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Even so, I'm still glad there's an opportunity for players to welcome Arpeggio of Blue Steel phenoms to their Port and enjoy sailing them on the virutal seas.

I just got the Arpeggio Musashi camo, captain and missions. It was 6500 doubloons which I had lying around plus I dont like going out naked and I like my ladies dressed nice as well.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I just got the Arpeggio Musashi camo, captain and missions. It was 6500 doubloons which I had lying around plus I dont like going out naked and I like my ladies dressed nice as well.

Congratulations!  🙂 👍👍

29 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

for anyone who doesnt know what the blue steel flag looks like 

shot-23.09.08_20.58.37-0253.jpg

Cool

I already have that flag

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 6:42 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Non-ARP Maya is a different kettle of fish; she's more like a Tier 7 Atago/Takao than the same-tier Myoko.

Yes.  I misspoke - I meant Myoko.   I knew it was an eemmm word.

4 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Will the Iwami B interest anyone?  The original is still offered for coal in the Armory.  

As are Lazo and Black. Last year also featured Napoli B and Kearsarge B, the originals of which are also still available for coal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Will the Iwami B interest anyone?  The original is still offered for coal in the Armory.  

I guess there are always people who would eat the expense in order to reserve their coal for those things doubloons cannot buy (although maybe I should qualify that with a yet, shouldn't I?). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

If I had the spare doubloons?  "Tabun" as they say in Japanese.  

Spoiler

It means probably or maybe, depending upon context.

I have more Commanders than I have ships, and a ship is nice to have for the snowflakes.
Plus, I like the Iwami anyway.  I think she's a gud 'bote.