PSA - Research Bureau Reset

Bomont

It looks like the reset is one day away.

Edit:  Now it's about 7 hours away.  Reset before it passes if you haven't already.

Edited by Bomont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

I currently have the IJN gunboat DDs in limbo, waiting for the next double reset, and enough FXP to get them all back once. I think what I'm going to do is wait until just before the end of the Anniversary before buying them back, so I can accumulate more credits. Hopefully the next three-month period will take us into the Christmas Snowflake season, at which point I will brush off the flakes and then reset them again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This reset will give me enough points to get my next RB ship.

I'm leaning toward Ohio but considering Vamp II... Anyone have either or both and want to offer a review?

I'm going to reset the American BB line for the first time.

German BC line for the 2nd time. Hoping to get to Ohio soon, although the proposed unique upgrades for Vermont and Columbo seem cool too. 

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I currently have the IJN gunboat DDs in limbo, waiting for the next double reset, and enough FXP to get them all back once. I think what I'm going to do is wait until just before the end of the Anniversary before buying them back, so I can accumulate more credits. Hopefully the next three-month period will take us into the Christmas Snowflake season, at which point I will brush off the flakes and then reset them again.

Last time I went a year and a quarter so got x10 multiplier... worked great, especially since I picked up the Star Kitakaze to fill in the void that reset line fills... probably the best boat buy from a usefulness perspective I've done...

I'm going to be at x5 on this reset... we'll see if the FXP accumulates enough to reset again before the fall multiplier.

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

I'm going to reset the American BB line for the first time.

German BC line for the 2nd time. Hoping to get to Ohio soon, although the proposed unique upgrades for Vermont and Columbo seem cool too. 

The Harugumo (Japan's gunboat dd's) line is the least expensive to reset in FXP and way cheaper to repurchase than any BB line.   Your call, of course 🙂  You lose more than 50% of the credit cost of any (fully purchased) line you reset... but if you're loaded on credits, then all is well!

Fair winds and following seas!

Edited by Arcus_Aesopi
clarity

1 hour ago, Tricericon said:

I'm leaning toward Ohio but considering Vamp II... Anyone have either or both and want to offer a review?

FWIW I have both, but I'm a DD main against real people (and only got Ohio recently), so most of my experience is with Vampire:

• You probably want a proper BB player's view on Ohio, but I'm finding her a bit too slow for my taste so far, although the firepower is good. So far, I seem to have more fun with Georgia.
  • Vampire II is excellent, and - IMO - sufficiently different to Daring to be interesting. You basically give up the heal and a rack of torps to get more or less a T10 Haida i.e. good sneakiness, decent dakka, plus you can single fire the torps which partially makes up for having only one rack. The hydro/creeping smoke trick can be powerful if you face enemies that aren't well versed in what to do about it (better players will take you to the cleaners, but that's not new).
Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Your call, of course

The fact that he's talking about resetting multiple lines and that he's already done one of them before suggests to me that he does it by playing them through. In that case, he's better served by playing a line he enjoys and does well in, rather than one that's necessarily the cheapest or "quickest" to grind by the numbers.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tricericon said:

Ohio is essentially a Montana that trades 2 knots of speed for:

1) An overall improved main battery: 8x2 457mm guns with improved dispersion (Hood, QE/Warspite, Vanguard dispersion) and fast turret traverse

2) An arguably superior heal: the 40s cooldown version found on MA, GA, and the VT line vs. the improved recovery version of found on the OG American BB line. You’re more likely to have one ready when you need it and it allows OH to get stuck in with less risk because you can heal through sustained damage.

3) Long range secondaries with MA/German CV/CC dispersion and improved fire chance. Building full into secondaries is suboptimal, but US BBs can take the secondary module in slot 3 for less opportunity cost compared to other BBs (no ASM1). Ohio also doesn’t need GTG, so it’s easier to budget an extra three points to boost her secondary range further.

Ohio is widely recommended as an early RB choice for anyone who plays BBs for good reason. One can argue that Slava or Sicilia are superior in some situations, but Ohio is just a very solid package all around. I’ve wondered if part of the reason WG is currently testing alternate versions of Colorado -> Montana is because Ohio does a pretty good job of overshadowing her tech tree counterpart.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tricericon said:

This reset will give me enough points to get my next RB ship.

I have both but im a way bigger DD Main than I am BB Main, so Ohio is a great BB, everyone that I know that plays BBs love it, but if youre good at playing DDs Vampire II is borderline broken/OP.

So its more down to what class you prefer to play.

I have both, and also Illinois that is somewhat dented, so I will go for Colbert just after I re-grinded this upcoming reset, so maybe in a week or two.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sicilia or Colbert for me. Any recommendations?

2 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

The Harugumo (Japan's gunboat dd's) line is the least expensive to reset in FXP and way cheaper to repurchase than any BB line.   Your call, of course 🙂  You lose more than 50% of the credit cost of any (fully purchased) line you reset... but if you're loaded on credits, then all is well!

Fair winds and following seas!

Yeah but then I'd have to grind the whole DD line. I'm not a DD guy. 

• Like 1

Gonna reset the Shimakaze line and keep building back my RB stockpile, just in case something good comes up.

I spent 110k or 120k RBs for Kitakami this December, and I'm still only at 54k.

• Like 1

I know everyone speaks highly of Ohio. But it's the one ship I regret getting most of all 702 ships in my port. And she was free. I have only bad luck every time I take her out. I cannot hit anything with the guns, or when I hit it's just ricochets and shatters. But worst of all, the reds just focus on me and do not relent until I am a smoking sinking ruin. Asia server has the very best long range snipers who pick you off from across the map no matter how you try to make it hard for them (WASD hacks). Naturally when I see an Ohio opposite, I too make an effort to wipe it off the map, so there's that.

I'm about to be able to get my first RB ship on my alt account and am considering Slava as I only have one Russian BB (T6 GC) and need a better choice for clan duties.

OMG   thank you!

seven hours left on this double - it's time for the 4 for 2, though i'll probably reset harugo four times just 'cuz

usually do that twice a year, and in between the SA cruiser line is a good for just one of the slower resets...

i don't miss them when they arn't there and they are not bad to regrind, being just AP means lots of cits along the way

• Like 1

just sold and reset (without buying) the H line to get the current double bonus.

tomorrow morning i'll do it again to get the new double bonus- yay

i so woulda missed it if hadn't seen this post

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Last time I went a year and a quarter so got x10 multiplier... worked great, especially since I picked up the Star Kitakaze to fill in the void that reset line fills... probably the best boat buy from a usefulness perspective I've done...

I'm going to be at x5 on this reset... we'll see if the FXP accumulates enough to reset again before the fall multiplier.

Good luck!

I just hit x12 on the T9 (Kitakaze) and T10 (Harugumo) with this reset (today - tomorrow I could get another2x).  

I typically get part way to fully through the T8 during the 3 months between resets then FXP and reset without buying the T9 & T10.  Last Christmas season I had enough points to get another RB ship stored on the T9 & T10 but I didn't have enough credits to buy them so I've carried them over since.  I plan to buy the ships and cash in the points this Christmas.  There should be another 2x late October so I might get it up to 16x before cashing in at Christmas.

1 hour ago, derf said:

just sold and reset (without buying) the H line to get the current double bonus.

tomorrow morning i'll do it again to get the new double bonus- yay

i so woulda missed it if hadn't seen this post

Glad I posted it.  I've missed things because I forgot about them before - not fun.

• Like 2

I don't think I'll be resetting right away, but...

Looks like I'm gonna be doing another USN DD reset when I do. I've almost finished buffing my Mahan commander up to 21 points, like my Benson and Fletcher COs, so I'll soon be able to use all three of the longest grinds in that line to farm CXP as I go. Dunno what I'm buying next; I'm still up in the air on whether I want Illinois, Vampire II, or a couple more UUs.

11 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Yeah but then I'd have to grind the whole DD line. I'm not a DD guy. 

I was also wondering why you didn't do Haru line but then realized not everyone like to play DDs. Is there a big difference in what credits and XP you need between the different nations BB lines?

For those that like playing DDs or excel at it the Haru line is amazing to regrind since all of the T8-10 is amazing and strong DDs so usually you just Free XP the T5-T7 with Free XP and then hard grind the 8-10 with XP boosters.

• Like 1

Time to nippon gunboat again I suppose. Elbing or Cololbo UU perhaps. Or Des Moines? Maybe I'll finally learn to play her in a sensible manner. 

• Like 2

WoWs’ anniversary is approximately 6 weeks outs. I’ll wait until that event drops before I reset and lose any higher tier ships.

Edited by Nevermore135

8 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I was also wondering why you didn't do Haru line but then realized not everyone like to play DDs. Is there a big difference in what credits and XP you need between the different nations BB lines?

I doubt it. I just reset lines I enjoy playing. I've done other lines like German and Dutch cruisers but don't enjoy them enough to want to reset.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Sicilia or Colbert for me. Any recommendations?

I haven't heard anything good about Sicilia. Colbert however is tons of fun if you are a skilled player. You just zoom around and set people on fire, while going hon hon hon.

PS: I'm looking at resetting 4 lines, as I have some time to kill next week and can use the shuffle.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 3

Since I've decided not to participate in the current Auction.
Perhaps I'll try my first "reset" to get some research bureau points?

Edit:  What's the "best way" and "best timing" to go about doing so?  
(I plan to simply FreeXP the line research and use credits to buy-back the ships.)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

I doubt it. I just reset lines I enjoy playing. I've done other lines like German and Dutch cruisers but don't enjoy them enough to want to reset.

I think its a great decision. Its is awful to do a grind in this game that you don't enjoy. I had to do it many times. But when it comes to RB I hit the Jackpot since the line I probably like to play the most (Haru-line) is also the most efficient.

Its when you start awful grinds this game becomes "work" and that is no fun.

• Like 2