Disconnection bug. Bye bye

ArIskandir

This patch has been very annoying bug wise. I've been suffering a critical disconnection bug that kicks me out of the match, frequently, today 3 times in 4 matches... that's it for me, not really all that interested as to reinstall/fix or whatever. .WoWs really makes it easy for one to lose interest. 

rant off/ 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've experienced these bugs come and go, every few updates, and just hurry back in. Annoying as they are, I haven't seen them affect my PC in other ways, so i amble on. One update caused very frequent freezes, that I solved with a clean install. Don't give up.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

This patch has been very annoying bug wise. I've been suffering a critical disconnection bug that kicks me out of the match, frequently, today 3 times in 4 matches... that's it for me, not really all that interested as to reinstall/fix or whatever. .WoWs really makes it easy for one to lose interest. 

rant off/ 

I need you here young grasshopper take a day off or two but please don't leave again. Don't forget you have people who look up to you. I know it's rough sometimes but I would really like it if you stayed. If you go its a loss for the forums and the game hang in there. I will cheer you up if you need it after all it's only a game real life will test you much harder no quitting.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

rant off/ 

In 2024 I've had a few occasions when this happens (disconnects).
I may go for weeks or even months without disconnects. 
And then, "whammo", a new patch needs bugs worked-out and/or the servers are dealing with drunk hamsters again.

Typically, I perform a "check & repair" process.  That tends to clean-up the issue.
Once, in 2024, I did a re-install.
That helped, for a while (a number of weeks).

Bottom line?  I figure there's one or more "quality control" process problems. 
The main problem being there isn't enough testing and de-bugging before "release".

• Like 2

Well for me OP: Cherry Blossom my system reboots every time. No other battle mode do I encounter a problem with WoWS. I think there is a problem with the night time mode.

• Like 1

I've dc my fair share in the past week, but my internet was at fault mostly - except for yester-day it looked fine. First I try to get back into battle even if the program terminates and then after the battle is over I do a check and repair. This time it did not d/l extra files so I do not think it was on my end. It is very frustrating mid match for any one.

• Like 1

What I've noticed is that if the program disconnects me, it's better/faster to shut the game window and restart rather than try to reconnect to the server in the game window.

• Like 4

I haven't had actual D/C's in game at all, what I more typically get is that I cannot log in at all. This, however, isn't necessarily related to any known bugs nor is it update related at all. I've also had difficulties connecting to some websites since, say, late May early June, including my webmail.

Restarting your router may help to some degree.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

rant off/ 

This is not a reinstall/fix.. I haven't had any issues with D/C. Here's my recommendation..

Its my suspicion, the issue lays with your GPU drivers. Have they been updated recently?? If they have, were they installed properly?

• Really think and give details.. Yes its that important and yes.. WOWS client is really picky.
  • Like 1

Mods can also cause these issues.

• Like 1

I haven't had any issues.  So, maybe it isn't on WG's end?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

As @Admiral_Karasu pointed out.   There's more than one way to disconnect.  🙂  
~Internet problems (on the internet, at one or more of the physical infrastructure locations of the internet).
~Software problems (the recent Crowdstrike software crash that disrupted travel, medical and other vital and non-vital services globally, for example).
~Local hardware problems (computer components, software updates, in-home router or local-area-network issues)
~Wildlife or pets chewing on power-cords or data-transfer cables.
~And etc. & etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

12 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As @Admiral_Karasu pointed out.   There's more than one way to disconnect.  🙂  
~Internet problems (on the internet, at one or more of the physical infrastructure locations of the internet).
~Software problems (the recent Crowdstrike software crash that disrupted travel, medical and other vital and non-vital services globally, for example).
~Local hardware problems (computer components, software updates, in-home router or local-area-network issues)
~Wildlife or pets chewing on power-cords or data-transfer cables.
~And etc. & etc.

Yes, and no. Obviously it isn't at WG's end if most people play without issues, but what I've been theorizing is that for some reason the WoWS servers seem more 'sensitive' to issues caused by other factors than, say, WoT servers. The issues caused by corrupt game files for whatever reason, like due to certain mods, is separate from any other issues.

12 hours ago, clammboy said:

I need you here young grasshopper take a day off or two but please don't leave again. Don't forget you have people who look up to you. I know it's rough sometimes but I would really like it if you stayed. If you go its a loss for the forums and the game hang in there. I will cheer you up if you need it after all it's only a game real life will test you much harder no quitting.  

Sorry for the drama Master Clamm, I was in a Bad mood and this issue just made it worse. I'm not gone just likely sitting down the rest of the patch, maybe an Op or two to test the waters... 

• Like 2

To all those interested, this is how it goes:  

About 2 minutes into the Match (fairly Standard, never after the 3-4 minutes mark), just in time for 'first contact', I lose control of My ship, for several seconds it keeps going/turning irresponsive to keyboard or mouse commands. I still can access minimap, ESC menu and probably chat (not 100% sure on this, but the chat feed updates). After several seconds I get kicked out of the Match and get the 'Disconnected' screen, sometimes I can reconnect right away but most times I can't until several minutes later. 

Issue started with this patch. No previous problems. 

Issue is present for all Game modes (not sure about Coop tho as I haven't played) 

Issue is not constant, some days it may not happen but most days it does.

12 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Typically, I perform a "check & repair" process. 

Check & repair result was all normal 

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Mods can also cause these issues.

I run vainilla. No mods. 

3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

As it started with this patch, it was definitively something induced by the update. Having said that, it must be something on My end reacting badly to whatever changed.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't leave, Arlskandir, just because of a bad connection day. We want good players like you to stay & play 🙂.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Check & repair result was all normal 

I run vainilla. No mods. 

As it started with this patch, it was definitively something induced by the update. Having said that, it must be something on My end reacting badly to whatever changed.   

I don't think you've checked your GPU drivers and I dont know if you installed them recently... If you did, you may have installed them wrong by error...

Start there...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont think its the patch... If that was the case, everyone or someone in match would be D/C every single match people play.. So far, in my play session.. I haven't seen anyone else with connectivity issues.

Lets take this step by step.. Reinstall fresh GPU drivers manually, clicking on erase old version box.. That clears up everything.

Again, if its a new issue then I more incline to head there as the resolution to the issue.

IF this was a recurring problem.. I would still do the GPU drivers manual install PLUS, a cold/hard restart of your connectivity devices.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those reading this post in the future... YEs WOWS client is picky, its the worst client ever when everything is not perfect.. Rest assured when everything is perfect, its smooth sailing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

What I've noticed is that if the program disconnects me, it's better/faster to shut the game window and restart rather than try to reconnect to the server in the game window.

Yes.

In the last two builds, if I re-launch the game from a “disconnected” game window (regardless of reason - long idleness, etc.), in my first battle after reconnecting, I hangup suffer a game hangup while waiting for the battle load screen to come up. Then I have to kill that session of the game via Task Manager, and start it again in a hurry; I usually am able to rejoin the battle after a minute and a half.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Like 1