Weekend Spree, 19-21 July 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

Streamed, played in both live server and PTS. No major efforts this weekend because I was on-call and I had to put some office time in today, so it was mostly just Naval Battles and tidying up smaller missions. Ships I had hitherto had a bad time with seemed to do well this weekend.

Decided to try out the Johann de Witt in PTS and did very well in it indeed, at least in the co-op context. When you go all-in on guns, you basically have a thing that fires bigger guns than the Haarlem has, faster than the Haarlem does. They're 240s, so basically the same as Henri IV a tier higher. 

I was not expecting this at all. The end result is that the Haarlem is back in the grind roster. This will be a good thing, since her captain is my 21 point Dutch Dasha, and she will be contributing to Luigi Sansonetti's march toward Fleet Admiral rank. Less than 9000 CXP per day on him or on existing 21 pointers is the daily quota, easily achievable in co-op and even more so once the Anniversary kicks in and I'm spamming 21 pointers in premium ships. 

Be advised: the next reset for Research Bureau double bonuses is in THREE DAYS.

• Like 4

Naval Battles.  One Ranked match...won....was #1.  Saw Twisters (not as good as the first movie by far !)  Finished an Embury, 1942 kero lantern restoration !  And, plans for the CLA (Contemporary Longrifle Association) meeting in Lexington KY in two weeks are made an we are a go !!!   

Other than that:  Fallout 4 and read a bit.

• Like 2

Mainly focused on French tokens Fri-today, got one done in everything but subs and then brought cvs and 5 battleships up to the 600 mark completed. Need to do 5 cruisers tomorrow in ops and then I'll do it all over again next week. 

Everything but the cpu came in for my wife's computer so hoping to build that with her tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Didn’t have as much in-game progress here, but I did manage to unlock Minnesota after ~3.5 years of Kansas gathering dust on a shelf (and then promptly returned Kansas to said shelf). Most of my time went to irl commitments and preparations for an upcoming trip next month. 

• Like 4

Played Ranked Bronze Fiday-Saturday. Early Friday evening, departed from very successful Heinrich to run through some cruisers to knock out BXP for french tokens.  (Had already reached R5, so it was a “safe” spot to not lose stars. Not planning to lose, but when switching horses midstream, you find the shallowest spot in the creek…)

Not a single victory among them.

Decided I didn’t like the DD play I saw while doing that, so I decided to be part of the solution and not go back to the Heinrich. Reached for the Sims.

Ten battles later with eight wins (both losses were save-a-stars), I locked up rank 1.

My shining moment of the weekend: In win #7, I suffered a game lockup during the battle load screen. Restarted game and got loaded in at around 18:30 mark. Riposte map. To the credit of my teammates, we were up a cruiser when I joined. Throttled up to go B. As I got close, the team  spotted a French DD, on the red side, above & between B/C. I smelled that he was heading to A to bully our Hatsuharu over there. Turned hard to port and speedboosted to get there quick to assist. Guess was right, got within good firing range shortly after he opened fire on our Hatsu. Caught him totally flat footed, gunned him down with very little loss of health, and disrupted his attack on the Hatsu, who escaped with good health. Got a thanks from the Hatsu within seconds of dropping Frenchie.

Sunday: started quals for Silver League…

… which culminated in the low point of the weekend:

Beached my Napoli when we were down two ships and down a cap, with red points in the 700s. By the time I got freed and clear of the island that kept me from firing, the reds were in the 900s, we lost a Conqueror, and there were easy kill-shot opportunities on both the red Hindenburg and Sima that took out the Conq. If I had given more attention to manuevering, I could have dropped two reds and saved a green.

• Like 2

Viewed the Twitch streams of @Ensign Cthulhu and of @Lord_Zath.

Posted in various DevStrike forum topics.

Played WOWs more than I expected to. 
While I was enjoying myself, I neglected some of my real-life tasks on my to-do list.  Oh well.

Thought of a creative-writing idea, but have yet to fully put-it-down-on-paper.  Hopefully I'll do so before it becomes another stalled/unfinished project.

Completed several in-game missions and made progress on my French Destroyers battle-pass stages.
Edited to add:  Also participated in Naval Battles.

Learned that "Laid-back Camp - Season 3" has made it to my favorite anime viewing website.  Watched a few episodes.
It's relaxing mental-candy. 
I discovered the series after I had watched the anime "Super-Cub" which features Honda motorcycles of that same name.
https://yuru-camp.fandom.com/wiki/Yuru_Camp_Wiki
https://supercub.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Cub_(anime)

Sailed in a division with @Zoot21 and Astalavista, mostly in Scenario Operations.  Good times.  🙂 

Edited to add:  Started and finished reading "Winter Lost" authored by Patricia Briggs.
https://www.patriciabriggs.com/books/WinterLostSnippet.shtml

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

In other news, tt's the anniversary of when I began playing World of Warships.
Today they sent me a notification in-port. 
Among the perks provided, there is a coupon for a 30% discount on non-discounted items in the Premium Shop.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

In other news, tt's the anniversary of when I began playing World of Warships.

Congrats. How many years?

• Like 2

On EU Server did some low point low tier NBs. Our clan was relegated to a 'group' session instead of having an actual opponent clan to play against. We got 2nd.

Otherwise, not much playing. Why play that much these days, as so many note, when one sees so many abysmal matches? 

As to how many years I've been here, since 2015 (end of Alpha testing). 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

On EU Server did some low point low tier NBs. Our clan was relegated to a 'group' session instead of having an actual opponent clan to play against. We got 2nd.

Otherwise, not much playing. Why play that much these days, as so many note, when one sees so many abysmal matches? 

As to how many years I've been here, since 2015 (end of Alpha testing). 🙂

Nice.
My Clan scored 16 stars with 14 attempts, with just me participating during this weekend (only other Clan-member is on an approved indefinite leave of absence).
Which brought my Clan's ranking to 2272.  (Apparently, several other Clans have this same numerical ranking, too.)

Glad you've been here since 2015.  🙂

• Like 2

One correction for the record:

I did get ONE cruiser win in ranked bronze, in Indianapolis. Out of three battles.

Never played it much before; found it quite fun. 10km radar at T7, and no uptiering. Really a rather useful ship in those conditions.

• Like 1