My first time to do a 'Pain Train'

Frostbow

Now I know how amazingly fun this is. And this was not even with a Division! All I did was ask a random destroyer if we can do the 'pain train', and then it was time for the main battery gun crew to sit back and enjoy the beautiful day. 😄 

image.thumb.png.dc5a61e6a93e452abcf1d944110a0bf7.png

image.thumb.png.dd78dac1d1ad2bbd8e9decab65b52ba2.png

https://youtu.be/cmc86gYqUvs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

'Pain train'?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Pain train'?

So, I wasn't the only one.  🤔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Pain train'?

It's when a DD lays a long line of smoke towards the enemy and has a secondary BB use it to push close. The secondaries will farm like crazy but as long as the main battery remains quiet, the BB has a good chance of remaining unspotted. 

• Thanks 5

48 minutes ago, torino2dc said:

It's when a DD lays a long line of smoke towards the enemy and has a secondary BB use it to push close. The secondaries will farm like crazy but as long as the main battery remains quiet, the BB has a good chance of remaining unspotted. 

What a rel.. I mean, thank you for explaining it. I've always been of the opinion that smoke should be used to benefit the team, glad to know it can actually happen too.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, torino2dc said:

It's when

Nice to have torino2dc explain what a 'pain train' is. 😀 Nice to have a legal exploit explained. Ofc, WoWS is too much an arcade game with 'exploitable gimmicks'.

Recently I had somebody attempt this for me without a word. Don't do this for me! The citadels call to me. 

11 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Pain train'?

That's the term they used to call that technique.

@torino2dc explained it well. Thanks.

Apologies for the late response, it has been a busy weekend.

7 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I've always been of the opinion that smoke should be used to benefit the team, glad to know it can actually happen too.

From what I've seen, there are a few variations to it that can push the fun factor beyond 10. Pair a Smolensk or a Napoli with 2 DDs, for example. But in my opinion the most viable setup would be Schlieffen with Lutjens, paired with 2 DDs.

• Like 3

I wish we had two types of smoke:

1. Smoke for the situation where you want to create a smoke screen to cover your team mates as in the above example of the 'pain train'.

2. Smoke for quick escapes in those situations where you end up having to say to yourself 'omg I'm so stupid how did I get it in this mess again'.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I wish we had two types of smoke:

1. Smoke for the situation where you want to create a smoke screen to cover your team mates as in the above example of the 'pain train'.

2. Smoke for quick escapes in those situations where you end up having to say to yourself 'omg I'm so stupid how did I get it in this mess again'.

We do, just not on a single ship. Having a DD with multiple types of smoke could be intresting. 

• Like 1

Pain trains are commonly associated with crawling smoke DD's and a secondary ship that follows, Schlieffen prefered.  They keep chugging along spitting out secondaries and torps and without radar or hhydro there isn't much you can do about it. Hilarious as a meme vid to watch, highly annoying to put up with in game.  

• Like 3