Preview of the next German Tier X Hybrid cruiser "Hildebrand"

OT2_2

Carbine Carlito is presenting the new german hybrid cruiser "Hildebrand". Not a very attractive ship IMHO. 🤣

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 3

A very disappointing ship for me, i was so hoping for a freemium Hindenburg or a Tier X Mainz.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

i was so hoping for a freemium Hindenburg or a Tier X Mainz.

Exactly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

german hybrid cruiser "Hildebrand".

Wedgie 💩💩 "doubling down", I wager, in their stubborn insistence on utterly rediculous fantasy ships ...... 😝

2 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

A very disappointing ship for me, i was so hoping for a freemium Hindenburg or a Tier X Mainz.

Exactly!

Instead, we got when no one asked for ..... ever, more BS hybrids. We apparently dont have enough PLANES in this WARSHIP game?! Wonder how many Hildebrand players we will see parked behind an island beside the CV, not moving all game and just flying planes, like we see a lot of hybrid DD and hybrid BB players doing already.

Hybrid BBs can work, it gives them something to do between amin battery reloads, but giving planes to DDs, cruisers and soon probably Subs, is just pants on head stupid, it will just create a lot of even more passive games where half the ships aren't even moving but the sun is blocked out with all the planes in the sky. Must be that "Silent majority" doing its thing again.....

It pretty apparent for most normal folk that for a DD and cruiser to survive while flying  their planes around for 30-40 seconds they need to either Autopilot to the back corner or park  the ship so far back that it cant suddenly be spotted mid flight, which means they will be out of the game for most the game because when planes come of cooldown in 90-120 sec then need to be back there again.

How is this a good idea when playerbase cant even handle having it on BBs?!

Below is how fun it is to have a Hybrid DD as you're flanks DD in the game....... Cruisers will even play more passively since they are easier to suddenly get spotted ..... by all the BS PLANES in this game...

In another recent game I played there was a Louisiana and Kearsarge sitting behind the same islands (Div of course) as the teams CV all game, still Full HP when the team lost. Dont think they got 1000 base XP between them.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

It pretty apparent for most normal folk that for a DD and cruiser to survive while flying  their planes around for 30-40 seconds they need to either Autopilot to the back corner or park  the ship so far back that it cant suddenly be spotted mid flight, which means they will be out of the game for most the game because when planes come of cooldown in 90-120 sec then need to be back there again.

Chikuma II. I tend to abuse the low detect and play it with an eye towards slapping people with torpedoes. But it does have smoke for the riskier spots to launch flights from. And mostly the torpedo drops take 15-20 seconds tops because of the JATO booster on launch. Sure it can do good damage, but its excellent for forcing turns into cross-dropped torps or cap resets. About the only times I've gone for particularly long flights is when I'm having to reposition from a won flank and then it gives me something to go harass DDs with while getting into a new position.

The guns on it are quite good at setting fires, but since its made of citadel gunnery is risky unless you've got a good solid island blocking cross map problems. But honestly I'd far rather get smoked in by a destroyer if possible. Its own smoke has some significant issues with duration versus reload time. But it isn't like I'm playing much further back than just outside RU radars.

On 7/21/2024 at 7:00 PM, Kynami said:

Chikuma II. I tend to abuse the low detect and play it with an eye towards slapping people with torpedoes. But it does have smoke for the riskier spots to launch flights from. And mostly the torpedo drops take 15-20 seconds tops because of the JATO booster on launch. Sure it can do good damage, but its excellent for forcing turns into cross-dropped torps or cap resets. About the only times I've gone for particularly long flights is when I'm having to reposition from a won flank and then it gives me something to go harass DDs with while getting into a new position.

The guns on it are quite good at setting fires, but since its made of citadel gunnery is risky unless you've got a good solid island blocking cross map problems. But honestly I'd far rather get smoked in by a destroyer if possible. Its own smoke has some significant issues with duration versus reload time. But it isn't like I'm playing much further back than just outside RU radars.

Not really familiar with this ship but im guessing its a cruiser? Problem is that even tho it has low detect that mean fook-all if you happen to get spotted by a random plane out of the CV or any of the increasing hybrids or a random sub, or something else and then there is a Vermont/Maine/Yamato etc etc that looks at you're parked/stationary cruisers and grins. To avoid this you really need to play the back lines and then you're flight time with planes get even longer which mean even longer time a cruiser is out of this game. So youre basically just a shitty CV on the team..... And in this case with Hildebrand that has 2 squadrons to cycle thru it means he probably just "be playing the cruiser" for 50% of the game time IF even that!

Then I 100 times rather have a real Hinden, Henri or Venezia on my team. And for Halford (as I linked in previous post) you even have to be more caruful because if you get spotted in wrong moment you probably be dead before you return from youre flight.

As I said, hybrids work in BBs because they can still be almost as effective in their ship because you fly between salvos, dont have to fear getting spotted or focused while flying because you just repair and heal when you return to the ship and move on. But giving squadrons to the other classes cruisers, DDs and Subs just makes them obsolete and unable to perform their tasks. 

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

In another recent game I played there was a Louisiana and Kearsarge sitting behind the same islands (Div of course) as the teams CV all game, still Full HP when the team lost. Dont think they got 1000 base XP between them.

Had this a few days ago. Ah, a great Kremlin position from where I can shoot all kinds of things and look menacing right next to the cap! Wait, why do we have 2 battleships headed four squares behind me toward the corner? Oh they cosplay as carriers? 

Good position, more like useless position and game lost before a shot is fired. Louisiana has 5/6ths of a Montana artillery and some people elect to not touch that? 

Maybe that's why WG is releasing a hybrid with a dreadful artillery. Instead of expecting people to not play in the dumbest way possible, make ships that support playing in the dumbest way possible. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 7:13 AM, OT2_2 said:

Carbine Carlito is presenting the new german hybrid cruiser "Hildebrand". Not a very attractive ship IMHO. 🤣

Really doesn't matter........collectors will buy "anything" offered:  period.   So, if you collect, here you go ! 

For the rest of us:  a never played ship it be.   Even for snowflakes, it's a hard pass.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe WG is saving KW45 design for German BC branch, personally I have no interest in plane related stuff

• Like 1

I'm amused at the complete inability to use autopilot when flying planes...you guys know you can do both, actively...right?

Oh...most players can't do more than one thing at a time...

Hmm.

Ookkaay...