Geegee Weeggee....

Andrewbassg

I had one of those type of games today.

By the time I got into range (T8) and fired three salvoes, the match was over.

About six minutes in duration.

Lots of T10 ships in the game.

We lost and I was the only ship left on our side.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The future of the game, right there...

🤣

• Sad 1

Ahhhhh....  And we wonder why so many are leaving this once magnificent game.

"You reap what you sow....." is the only answer in gaming.

• Like 4

To be fair, this is one of those special modes that are designed to be a huge snowball effect with quick ending games. I fear way more that we see the same 5-6 min battler duration in T10 domination mode, where there is no gimmicks or buffs or fairy dust in the mode itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

To be fair, this is one of those special modes that are designed to be a huge snowball effect with quick ending games. I fear way more that we see the same 5-6 min battler duration in T10 domination mode, where there is no gimmicks or buffs or fairy dust in the mode itself.

'No gimmicks or fairy dust'? Do we even have anything that matches that description?

9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

'No gimmicks or fairy dust'? Do we even have anything that matches that description?

Games below tier 7 is the most likely spot. Since that removes the majority of the paper ships. The modes with funky buffs. Most gimmick buttons.

• Like 2

I had weird wonders yesterday in Randoms, like a -8% MM team that also had three hiddens (reds had none) - ended very quickly. 

Three efforts that would be carry-ish if we had won, but high team WR deficits and/or enemy unicum 3-divs made sure that didnt happen. 

Although I havent been on the other end this weekend (lol), that isnt fun either. 

Edited by Pugilistic

29 minutes ago, Kynami said:

Games below tier 7 is the most likely spot. Since that removes the majority of the paper ships. The modes with funky buffs. Most gimmick buttons.

Ah yes, like I've been saying many times myself, the mid tiers is the spot where you still can have balanced games.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The other ... not so standard modes

20 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

The other ... not so standard modes

That sounds... a bit cryptic.

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That sounds... a bit cryptic.

Gimmicks like sitting in circles to steer a airship and everyone know where you are, fairy dust like sail over this and increase HP and higher smackin guns, the consumables that flooded into randoms a while back that made some ships invulnerable, superfast DDs with superfast torps battling it out etc etc etc etc etc etc

"Funny", but very gimmicky/fairy dusty/insert own name here game modes, some just temporary and some come back more permanently ..... that all usually results in even faster steamrolls (in Arms race often due to one team loosin all their DDs for the first mid buffs) as OP had experienced.

My point in my first post was that this can be expected in these "special" game modes, but my fear is that we also see a lot of 5-6 min steamrolls in T10 randoms.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I'm already seeing these short games in T10 domination...

I've had to plead with my team to not win so fast sometimes. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm already seeing these short games in T10 domination...

I've had to plead with my team to not win so fast sometimes. 😂

This also happens on lower tiers, like t3... sigh..

• Sad 1

Some sensitive topics have been mentioned  above here & which I entirely agree with (unfortunately). 😒

• Like 1