Belgian National Day mission is open to tiers as low as 3.

Ensign Cthulhu

image.thumb.png.1ddcefc12fb0417996867e20eb3c1586.png

So what are you waiting for? Grab your favourite low-tier beast and GET ON OUT THERE!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can't figure out why Wedgie has this. Belgium had nothing as a warship that is in this game - not even anything resembling a T1 Cruiser.

There is nothing for the flag to be placed on (tho the flag is nice enough - much better than a lot of dreck Wedgie has offered).

&, I have nothing against playing low tiers - T3 has many fun ships to play. 

Edited by Aethervox
  • Bored 1

19 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

I can't figure out why Wedgie has this. Belgium had nothing as a warship that is in this game - not even anything resembling a T1 Cruiser.

There is nothing for the flag to be placed on (tho the flag is nice enough - much better than a lot of dreck Wedgie has offered).

&, I have nothing against playing low tiers - T3 has many fun ships to play. 

Are serious you have never heard of The Zinnia it was the warship at the port of Ostend that held up the German invasion in 1940 ?

Its heroics forced the German High Command to divert 10 Divisions to neutralise it.

Nah just shipposting but the ships real

HMS Zinnia (1915) - Wikipedia

20 minutes ago, tm63au said:

HMS Zinnia (1915) - Wikipedia

Nice picture. It is still a 'minesweeper' with less armament than any T1 ship, hence, there is no ship in the game  for a Belgian flag ( .... was my 'point' 🤨).

• Bored 1

9 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Nice picture. It is still a 'minesweeper' with less armament than any T1 ship, hence, there is no ship in the game  for a Belgian flag ( .... was my 'point' 🤨).

I know but we also have this flag and no ships too

shot-24_07.21_13_02.29-0267.thumb.jpg.c35dc87393d5edb47db3db1d482cc673.jpg 

Some Belgian player would like to have it so as to run up the flag staff of one of the ships they play.

Why, I run the Ukraine flag on ALL my Russian ships. 🙂

Slava Ukraine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So what are you waiting for? Grab your favourite low-tier beast and GET ON OUT THERE!!!!!!

While low tiers (III & IV) are also fun in their own way, it can be grossly inefficient to spend time there to meet the mission requirements, given the currently available modes such as Operations and Mode Shuffle where battles do not have long queue times, there is no risk of clubbing new players, and the payouts are much, much better. 15,000 Base XP can be completed way faster if done outside of low tiers.

• Like 2

15K base experience for a useless camo or a flag?  And you want to do that in tier III?  Somebody at WG has lost their mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

15K base experience for a useless camo or a flag?  And you want to do that in tier III?  Somebody at WG has lost their mind.

It does give players who  have only joined this week or last week the chance to gain battle rewards.

And, it may encourage some to spend a bit longer in lower tiers to gain more experience.

Ultimately, every battle reward you grind for (whether signals, crates or ships) are "useless" for they do not add anything to your living or have any effect/benefit IRL. Well, that is how I view them and just play the game and do not get focussed on rewards etc.

• Like 1

I finished the Belgian National Day mission this weekend.  Yay.  🙂  

23 hours ago, Frostbow said:

While low tiers (III & IV) are also fun in their own way, it can be grossly inefficient to spend time there to meet the mission requirements, given the currently available modes such as Operations and Mode Shuffle where battles do not have long queue times, there is no risk of clubbing new players, and the payouts are much, much better. 15,000 Base XP can be completed way faster if done outside of low tiers.

To say nothing of the fact that while playing low tiers you aren’t making any progress on other mission grinds or the EP grind.

Throwing out these occasional missions/events that are playable in low tiers will only ever be a token gesture from the devs as long as the vast majority of the game remains restricted to tier V+.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:
23 hours ago, Frostbow said:

To say nothing of the fact that while playing low tiers you aren’t making any progress on other mission grinds or the EP grind.

Throwing out these occasional missions/events that are playable in low tiers will only ever be a token gesture from the devs as long as the vast majority of the game remains restricted to tier V+.

Sure.  It helps to stay at Tier-5 or above to make progress on multiple tasks from various mission-chains simultaneously.
But, if one has completed everything except the Belgian Day stuff, then low-tier game-play is fun to re-discover again.  🙂 

• Like 2

I approve very strongly of having a Belgium flag in the game: WG are clearly not big readers; if they were, the would have realised flying said flag is the equivalent of having the rudest word in the galaxy written down the side of your ship.

As someone with a deeply puerile sense of humour, this appeals to me.

(Reference for anyone who is insufficiently cultured: https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Belgium)

Edited by Verblonde
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

WG are clearly not big readers; if they were, the would have realised flying said flag is the equivalent of having the rudest word in the galaxy written down the side of your ship.

Only because the Americans couldn't cope with the F-bomb being used in one place in the third Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy book. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Sure.  It helps to stay at Tier-5 or above to make progress on multiple tasks from various mission-chains simultaneously.
But, if one has completed everything except the Belgian Day stuff, then low-tier game-play is fun to re-discover again.  🙂 

Have you paid attention to how much tier V+ exclusive content there is between other missions chains, and especially the event pass?

I find it hard to conceive a situation where that grind has been exhausted prior to the Belgium Day stuff. It’s just not a realistic situation for 99.9% of the playerbase to find themselves in. Thus, the vast majority of the time that players spend in tier III-IV for these types of events is coming at the expense of progress they could be making elsewhere.

WG’s reasoning behind tier restrictions has always been flawed. The devs have long justified restricting events to tier V+ because “that’s what players want to play,” ignoring the fact that they funnel players into higher tiers with their mission structures (as well as special modes such as the current shuffle being restricted to tier VIII+). They then throw the players a bone and allow lower tiers for some token events (like this one), and then point to the low participation as evidence to support their initial claim. Of course most players are going to stay at tier V+ with all the other grinds.

7 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Have you paid attention to how much tier V+ exclusive content there is between other missions chains, and especially the event pass?

I find it hard to conceive ... <snipped for brevity>

Yes.
I've completed the Independence Day mission-chain, the Arpeggio of Blue Steel mission-chain and the Belgian National Day mission chain.
Along the way, I completed two Twitch-drop missions.  
I'm on Level 17 of the French Destroyers battle-pass progression ladder.

If you find it hard to conceive, well... ahem... there are Doctors who can help with that.  😉 

20 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yes.
I've completed the Independence Day mission-chain, the Arpeggio of Blue Steel mission-chain and the Belgian National Day mission chain.
Along the way, I completed two Twitch-drop missions.  
I'm on Level 17 of the French Destroyers battle-pass progression ladder.

Did you find yourself in a situation that you had completed all those other grinds prior the Belgium Day mission, as you proposed?

I completed the Belgium Day grind, as I suspect the majority of players did, along the way by playing tier V+ towards those other grinds, for the reasons I outlined above.

20 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If you find it hard to conceive, well... ahem... there are Doctors who can help with that.  😉 

🙄

Conceive - to apprehend by reason or imagination; to understand

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conceive

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Did you find yourself in a situation that you had completed all those other grinds prior the Belgium Day mission, as you proposed?

I completed the mission-chains on the same day, I think.  Not too much difference in their finishing times.

Naval Battles gave me more of an excuse to play low-tier battles, on Sunday.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:
15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I completed the mission-chains on the same day, I think.  Not too much difference in their finishing times.

Naval Battles gave me more of an excuse to play low-tier battles, on Sunday.

If you're reaction about this ^^^^ is "confused", and you're having trouble conceiving it, ... well... there are Doctors who can help with that.  😉 

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If you're reaction about this ^^^^ is "confused", and you're having trouble conceiving it, ... well... there are Doctors who can help with that.  😉 

No, I am simply confused by your attempt to support your initial argument and the questionable relevancy of your statements since.

Edited by Nevermore135

4 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

No, I am simply confused by your attempt to support your initial argument and the questionable relevancy of your statements since.

I was working multiple mission-chains at the same time.  Finishing one or all of them was the goal.
I wasn't concerned with finishing them in any particular order.  I let the figurative chips fall where they may.

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was working multiple mission-chains at the same time.  Finishing one or all of them was the goal.
I wasn't concerned with finishing them in any particular order.  I let the figurative chips fall where they may.

I’m well aware of that.

You are pretty much supporting my initial point though: the Belgium Day missions didn’t incentivize you to drop into lower tiers, and you didn’t max out the other missions before grinding them a lower tiers. The current EP setup requires, IIRC, 10k daily base XP at tier V+ to max out. Players are actively hurting their progress on the dev’s FOMO grind by dropping into lower tiers vs. just completing the Belgium missions at higher tiers as they also make progress elsewhere. Thus, the inclusion of the lower tier options in these types of chains are only a token effort on the dev’s part - they don’t realistically incentivize low-tier play on any type of meaningful scale.

Edited by Nevermore135

3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I’m well aware of that.

You are pretty much supporting my initial point though: the Belgium Day missions didn’t incentivize you to drop into lower tiers, and you didn’t max out the other missions before grinding them a lower tiers. The current EP setup requires, IIRC, 10k daily base XP at tier V+ to max out. Players are actively hurting their progress on the dev’s FOMO grind by dropping into lower tiers vs. just completing the Belgium missions at higher tiers as they also make progress elsewhere. Thus, the inclusion of the lower tier options in these types of chains are only a token effort on the dev’s part - they don’t realistically incentivize low-tier play on any type of meaningful scale.

Well, I don't quite see it that way.
1.  Any time the Developers decide to give the "low tiers" some "love" seems like a welcome idea, to me.
2.  Newer players are able to participate in an event/mission-chain.  
3.  Sure, two out of the three mission-chains I was grinding required tier-5 and higher ships.  So, I used such ships.  So what?  🙂 

I didn't even notice it was below Tier V until it was over and I saw this thread. Which I suspect happened to others as well. [More of a flag collector than a camo collector...]