Request and Helpful Tips - Screenshots

HogHammer

When taking a screenshot of your final game results, please remember to hide or crop players' names other than yourself (it is forum policy).  There has not been any shaming, but it is just a courtesy to players.  It also makes reading much easier for many forum members.  (The exception would be the excellent screenshot by @Unlooky, "What Were Your Greatest..")

Full screenshots seldom highlight your message and in many cases, such as ships you may have received via Supercontainer, are sometimes too hard to make out in full screen.  Crop the image for clarity and impact!

An explanation of best practices and how to make effective screenshots can be found here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I need to show the whole team, e.g. for those way-out one-human co-op games where the green bots bring it home for the win and I want to demonstrate the fact.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Sometimes I need to show the whole team, e.g. for those way-out one-human co-op games where the green bots bring it home for the win and I want to demonstrate the fact.

Of course, there are exceptions, as in your example.  The reminder is really two-fold.  (1) To protect the identity of real players and (2) to improve the overall quality of images posted.  Even with reading glasses (at least for me), there are some images that are just a little too hard to make out and get lost in a "full" screenshot.