PTS rewards

Latouche_Treville

Excepted the 100 dubs at the first connection, rewards earned from the PTS missions are not credited to the main account.

Is it just me?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Excepted the 100 dubs at the first connection, rewards earned from the PTS missions are not credited to the main account.

Is it just me?

Sadly you are not alone, i received the 100 Doubloons and 750 coal, but not the already earned community tokens. I will wait 24 hours, in case they are just late, then i will contact support.

• Like 1

Dumb question ..... I haven't been on PTS for probably 5-6 years, how do one gain access to it these days? Last time I used it I had to almost download an entirely own game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Dumb question ..... I haven't been on PTS for probably 5-6 years, how do one gain access to it these days? Last time I used it I had to almost download an entirely own game.

Yes, you have to download another entire instance of the game on the launcher under Game Settings.

26 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

When you open the Game Center launcher, near the top of the screen will be a drop down tab that says "World of Warships".  If you have the PTS server downloaded and you click on that drop down tab, you will see World of Warships Public Test as an option.  Click on that when PTS is active to launch it.  You will have to use that drop down menu again when you want to return to the main server.

If you don't have it loaded, another tab at the top of the Game Center launcher is "Game settings".  Click that and go down to "Install additional game instance".  The option to download the PTS server should be there.

Edited by desmo_2

20 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Yes, you have to download another entire instance of the game on the launcher under Game Settings.

I dont find it?!

3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

When you open the Game Center launcher, near the top of the screen will be a drop down tab that says "World of Warships".  If you have the PTS server downloaded and you click on that drop down tab, you will see World of Warships Public Test as an option.  Click on that when PTS is active to launch it.  You will have to use that drop down menu again when you want to return to the main server.

But where do I find the download option?

image.thumb.png.2f58dd396e671907d1adb78fe698338a.png

If I click the tab that says WOW nothing happens, if I click Setting cogwheel, there is nothing under that? Nothing under "All games", nothing under "Game settings" (the small tab underneath the big WOW tab).

Maybe im just blind......

Your launcher is in a different language. I don't know why the launcher itself is different.

15 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Here:

pts.jpg

Now I get it! In Swedish that line says "Install a copy of the game", which for me is a bit odd. It says nothing about it being the PTS server which would make sense. I would never just wanna install another copy of this game since it takes up a rather big space.

So its just another "un-clear" miscommunication from WG. @WG maybe rename this to "Install PTS server"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi all,

I got around 4.000 Community tokens and 100 Doubloons...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 3

PTS allows me to try new stuff and perform research and experimentation with ships and commander's captain's skill builds affordably.
It also lets me sail Superships in an affordable manner (because of how the PTS economy works).

There are occasional rewards offered for playing on the PTS that are given to my normal WOWs account.
Usually these are community tokens or small amounts of other stuff.

Personally, if one has the spare storage-space on their computer, then the PTS is beneficial.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I got around 4.000 Community tokens and 100 Doubloons...

Leo "Apollo11"

Thx, got mine as well now.

• Like 3

Today I received plenty of coal, community tokens and other nice stuff. So nothing to complain, and as @Wolfswetpaws mentions I can test some DD I don't own and are using aircraft carriers to your heart's content. Haven't got the British apart from the premiums "Ark Royal" and "Indomitable" and are taking the opportunity. Like "Audacious" very good so far.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

if one has the spare storage-space on their computer

I installed the game 2 hours ago on an external SATA SSD.
Works fine, without lag.

Edited by Silence_CN
  • Like 1

I logged on this morning and received all of my PTS rewards, no problems

• Like 1

I uninstalled PTS when they switched to giving out useless Community Tokens.  Haven't looked back since.  However, I do agree it is a great place to try out new ships and captain builds.  That I miss.

Posted (edited)

All is in order.

Edited by Latouche_Treville