Furutaka's curse intensifies!

ArIskandir

Some ships are cursed, a malevolent spirit of the worst kind has nested in my Furutaka preventing her from winning at all cost... 

On previous weeks I started a personal challenge for improving old ships with bad stats I played ages ago... out of all the ships I've 'fixed' so far, only Furutaka presents a stubborn uncanny resistance to winning. I left her rest in port for some weeks, in hopes of exorcising the evil spirit plaguing her, yesterday I took her again to battle...

image.thumb.png.2b4494349afa98d0088ed37be1ce270b.png

Match 1 was the most flagrant and notorious case I've ever witnessed for being trolled by game mechanics... It was a Twin Brothers Standard map, we were easily winning 7 to 2 with only an enemy Scharnhorts and Fuso surviving, 1 alone on each flank against 3 of our ships, I was in the process of burning down the Scharn, they were totally doomed... and then an uncanny fog came out of nowhere reducing visibility to 8km, the Scharnhorst escaped and a dark dread fell unpon me... 

Just as I expected, all our ships suicided one by one into the 2 enemy battleships, swallowed by the nasty weather and a hail of Secondary fire and torpedoes. Trolled by the weather... end result ignominious 1-2 defeat stolen from the jaws of victory. 

Match 2 I was last ship standing against enemy Konig + CV, I still had a lot of health and the Konig was down to 750HP!... it was then when RNG said "You shall not pass". My next volley all missed or shattered and the BB started healing, another volley started a fire that was immediatly repaired... I just needed another fire but the next two volleys said nope while also yielding multiple shatters. Meanwhile the CV was pestering me so I had to maneuver and limit the number of barrels firing on the BB while keeping my broadside safe... and then RNG spitted one last time in my face... or should I say my arse?  At 12+ km range I was violated through my Aft (I was angled about 90 deg from the BB to minimize my profile) by a Citadel + 1 full pen... I was left with just enough health to watch the BB hide behind an island and bombard me with impunity (while spotted by the CV) for a single overpen sending me to back port.

Honestly, the harder I try the more ridiculous these scenarios get... my last Furutaka Victory was a literal nail scratcher solved in the last 10 seconds, with me having a Kraken and almost 3K bxp, even with that I was seconds away from losing on points. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Some ships are cursed...

I think you might be right.

• Like 1

Don't tell me! I gave up the IJN heavy cruiser line because of her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Latouche_Treville said:

I think she's not 'that' bad, she's quite tanky for a tier where most Cruisers are paper thin, but for me she's ridiculously unlucky... every ludicrous thing that can happen to screw your game, happens when I play her. 

That reminds me of my Iowa grind years ago. She was just a cursed ship for me, even though there was nothing really wrong with her. Got pretty bad teams, and the worst thing that could happen when I did something risky generally did. Push up to make a play? The teammates I thought might live, died instead lol. Etc etc.

I could go back and fix her now, but uhhh...even with the improved heal I don't know if the curse can be shaken off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Some ships are cursed, a malevolent spirit of the worst kind has nested in my Furutaka preventing her from winning at all cost... 

On previous weeks I started a personal challenge for improving old ships with bad stats I played ages ago... out of all the ships I've 'fixed' so far, only Furutaka presents a stubborn uncanny resistance to winning. I left her rest in port for some weeks, in hopes of exorcising the evil spirit plaguing her, yesterday I took her again to battle...

image.thumb.png.2b4494349afa98d0088ed37be1ce270b.png

Match 1 was the most flagrant and notorious case I've ever witnessed for being trolled by game mechanics... It was a Twin Brothers Standard map, we were easily winning 7 to 2 with only an enemy Scharnhorts and Fuso surviving, 1 alone on each flank against 3 of our ships, I was in the process of burning down the Scharn, they were totally doomed... and then an uncanny fog came out of nowhere reducing visibility to 8km, the Scharnhorst escaped and a dark dread fell unpon me... 

Just as I expected, all our ships suicided one by one into the 2 enemy battleships, swallowed by the nasty weather and a hail of Secondary fire and torpedoes. Trolled by the weather... end result ignominious 1-2 defeat stolen from the jaws of victory. 

Match 2 I was last ship standing against enemy Konig + CV, I still had a lot of health and the Konig was down to 750HP!... it was then when RNG said "You shall not pass". My next volley all missed or shattered and the BB started healing, another volley started a fire that was immediatly repaired... I just needed another fire but the next two volleys said nope while also yielding multiple shatters. Meanwhile the CV was pestering me so I had to maneuver and limit the number of barrels firing on the BB while keeping my broadside safe... and then RNG spitted one last time in my face... or should I say my arse?  At 12+ km range I was violated through my Aft (I was angled about 90 deg from the BB to minimize my profile) by a Citadel + 1 full pen... I was left with just enough health to watch the BB hide behind an island and bombard me with impunity (while spotted by the CV) for a single overpen sending me to back port.

Honestly, the harder I try the more ridiculous these scenarios get... my last Furutaka Victory was a literal nail scratcher solved in the last 10 seconds, with me having a Kraken and almost 3K bxp, even with that I was seconds away from losing on points. 

Dude.  I get the impression that you're allowing the "Furutaka Curse!" to live in your head rent-free.  😉 
Have a Modelo (or whatever you prefer) and kick some aft!  

giphy.gif giphy.gif 

giphy.gif 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I think she's not 'that' bad, she's quite tanky for a tier where most Cruisers are paper thin, but for me she's ridiculously unlucky... every ludicrous thing that can happen to screw your game, happens when I play her. 

There is no such thing as luck.

The 'fuzzy taco' as she was originally nicknamed, was one of the really bad ones early on

PR purple, Avg Dmg purple. What is your point? 🙄 

2 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

'fuzzy taco'

I thought the term was 'furry taco'. Which one is/was it? 🙄

5 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Red WR, and I only really care about WR... WR does not match!

image.thumb.png.2dbaf73aa9f216645e730e2329d53fa4.png

24 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Red WR, and I only really care about WR... WR does not match!

image.thumb.png.2dbaf73aa9f216645e730e2329d53fa4.png

WG algorithm notes that you will play the ship often even if you don't win the match. Therefore it loads you in on the side with the potatoes consistently...because it does not have to give you good MM to keep you playing. It can reserve that for the accounts where losing acts as a deterrent to pressing 'battle on'.

43 minutes ago, Aethervox said:
2 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

'fuzzy taco'

I've heard Furry Taco and Furious Taco, in the past.  The first I've heard of the Fuzzy Taco is here in this topic.
Could simply be that I've not seen or heard everything, yet.  🙂 

8 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Nooo- the tier 7-9 is soo much fun!  Just gotta pay some dues to get there!

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2024 at 9:39 PM, Aethervox said:

Could be now that you mention it lol