So Arpeggio is back....

Volron

...and I noticed the distinct lack of the new Commander, Hyuga.  Am I blind?  Am I missing something???

The Hyuga commander is only available in two of the big bundles: the ARP Yamato Admiral’s Pack and the “trio” bundle with two Myoko-class ships.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I saw that after discussing over on WoWs discord.  So to get her you need either to spend 110 or 220, both rounded up.  Leave it to WeeGee to be worse than Gaijin at times...

3 minutes ago, Volron said:

Leave it to WeeGee to be worse than Gaijin at times...

The IP owner also gets a say here. Perhaps reserve your ire for Ars Nova.

Just now, Volron said:

Yeah, I saw that after discussing over on WoWs discord.  So to get her you need either to spend 110 or 220, both rounded up.  Leave it to WeeGee to be worse than Gaijin at times...

Well, yeah.
That said, the less expensive bundle is tempting me. 
I have most of the necessary doubloons already, and would get "doubloons back" for the ships I already have in my port.
For me it is a question of, "Which commanders am I willing to have more 'twins' of?"

And the answer my heart tells me is to keep ARP Commanders Iona, Gunzo and Yamato remaining unique in my port.  
It's not that I don't enjoy them or couldn't find uses for 'twins' of them.  But, that's just the way I feel.  I want them to remain "one each".

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Eh, I'll still put the blame on WeeGee.  Their track record is already beyond trash.  We both know WeeGee could sell Hyuga alone if they wanted too and the IP would be happy none the less.  WeeGee just wants a bigger cut, so hide her behind 100-200 dollar bundles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Well, yeah.
That said, the less expensive bundle is tempting me. 
I have most of the necessary doubloons already, and would get "doubloons back" for the ships I already have in my port.
For me it is a question of, "Which commanders am I willing to have more 'twins' of?"

And the answer my heart tells me is to keep ARP Commanders Iona, Gunzo and Yamato remaining unique in my port.  
It's not that I don't enjoy them or couldn't find uses for 'twins' of them.  But, that's just the way I feel.  I want them to remain "one each".

I'm still waiting on I-401 from Arpeggio.  haha

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Volron said:

I'm still waiting on I-401 from Arpeggio.  haha

Me, too.  DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpg 

9 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Compare with the Star Trek commanders.
Each of the four, Picard, Spock, Gowron and Sela, are available individually.
They're also available in "bundles" of various sizes.

The common denominator with the two collaborations is WG/WOWs.  
Could the difference (of ARP Hyuga not being available as a stand-alone item) be the result of a choice by the intellectual property owner? 
Yes, it's possible.
It may also fit the pattern of previous collaboration practices.

That being postulated ^^^, this still feels like a reasonable opportunity for new players to acquire Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars Nova collaboration items.

Why the corporations didn't include an ARP I-401 Submarine in this collaboraion is something I remain curious about.  

2 hours ago, Volron said:

The cheaper option also offers less value for those who don’t already own the ships included: the other two bundles each offer three distinct ships (a Kongo, a Myoko, and an Atago, the latter of which is not a tech-tree clone), while the one that includes the only new content* (the Hyuga commander) has a Kongo and two Myoko-class clones bundled together.

This iteration of the collaboration is pretty disappointing. New content is locked behind large bundles and the free content is the same commander that has been distributed for free the last 2-3 times. The only content purchasable for doubloons are the above-mentioned large bundles, lootboxes, and the (admittedly very nice looking) Musashi camo pack, while the coupons offered are exclusive to the premium shop.

*Technically Hyuga isn’t the only new content in this collab, as there is also a new ARP Yamato camo. However, if one reads the fine print they’ll discover that this camo isn’t actually available for purchase in any of the bundles, and is instead available for purchase in port for one credit for any owners of ARP Yamato.

Edited by Nevermore135

No new ships, unless I've missed something?

I think I can manage without another weeb commander, so my total lack of impulse control on previous occasions means I can sit this round out (unless there is a Myoko clone that I haven't nabbed yet). My bank statement is happy...!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

*Technically Hyuga isn’t the only new content in this collab, as there is also a new ARP Yamato camo. However, if one reads the fine print they’ll discover that this camo isn’t actually available for purchase in any of the bundles, and is instead available for purchase in port for one credit for any owners of ARP Yamato.

As someone who already has the ARP Yamato in my Port, I checked this.   ^^^^
And, as stated, the new camo was available for one credit.

The difference?

The new "Harmony of the Sea" camouflage depicts Commander ARP Yamato and Commander ARP Iona standing on the bow of the ship ARP Yamato with their "rings" surrounding their bodies.
It's nice.  Other than them standing together on the bow, the camouflage is the same as previously marketed (which means it still looks cool).

Edited to add:  A "close up" view can be seen at the 20 second to 30 second time window of this video.
"Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova-" back in World of Warships!

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

No new ships, unless I've missed something?

I think I can manage without another weeb commander, so my total lack of impulse control on previous occasions means I can sit this round out (unless there is a Myoko clone that I haven't nabbed yet). My bank statement is happy...!

Got the Hiei years ago when WG feelt generous to handle out 4 ARP ships for free. If i buy it, i get 2500 Dubs, if i apply the coupon, i get 2500 dubs cheaper than the normal 2500 price. Not much, but i dont give WG more money than the Battle pass cost.

• Like 1

I got all the ARP BBs and cruisers years ago and sold all but one of each clone; got them returned for the credit cost when WG made then real Premiums. I hide all the decorative stuff, run regular camos and use them for snowflakes. Kongo is pretty nice, so now I can run a T5 tech tree BB with a 21-pointer, and use the various ARP ships to run meme builds. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Why the corporations didn't include an ARP I-401 Submarine in this collaboraion is something I remain curious about.  

Probably because they don't have it ready yet or they don't want to release one. My guess is that it probably belongs at Tier 10, and putting in a doubloon sub that does at T10 what the I-56 can do at Tier 8 would cause the sub-hater community to do this:

Or maybe this:

I suspect it will end up being a premium version of whatever the tech-tree IJN T10 sub is.

'Member when we had free missions to grind for the ARP ships?

I member, only missed out on Nachi because didn't have any other suitable ship for her mission than Mogami

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Probably because they don't have it ready yet or they don't want to release one. My guess is that it probably belongs at Tier 10, and putting in a doubloon sub that does at T10 what the I-56 can do at Tier 8 would cause the sub-hater community to do ...

<snip for brevity>

I suspect it will end up being a premium version of whatever the tech-tree IJN T10 sub is.

Hmm.  Perhaps.
I figure the I-401 could be Tier-10 or Tier-11 or even higher, depending upon how she's modeled (speed, maneuverability, warhead potency, weapon suites, range of said weapons, sensory consumables and their quantity and effective range and etc. & etc.).

1 minute ago, aleksi111 said:

'Member when we had free missions to grind for the ARP ships?

I member, only missed out on Nachi because didn't have any other suitable ship for her mission than Mogami

Was before I started playing WOWs.

I had to wait for the second or third collaboration of some of the anime' stuff.

WG ran the cruisers once & Kongo's twice

I even somehow managed to get mission (I think it was a mission? -memory × time) For ARP Takao as full on F2P player

Edited by aleksi111

WG brought the ARP collaboration back in February 2020 and had all four ARP Kongo-class ships as well as ARP Myoko as rewards from mission chains.

That’s when I got my ARP ships and I don’t believe WG has offered any of the ships for free since.

Edited by Nevermore135

34 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

That’s when I got my ARP ships and I don’t believe WG has offered any of the ships for free since.

Correct.

The 2020 return was quite the pleasant surprise. I took full advantage of grabbing everything that was free in order to make up as much as I could for not having been in the game the first time it happened.

The people who WERE there the first time, who did get it all for free and who got their semi-premiums (missing some economic and other camo-related bonuses) upgraded to full premium did the best of all. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

is there anything special about this ships or they arw copy paste?

30 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

is there anything special about this ships or they arw copy paste?

Well.. there's the delightful camo they have. That does not tickle your fancy?

• Like 1