I just HAD to do it...

AdmiralThunder

$9 and worth it. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I didn't. LOL. Going to make him the regular Capt for it. Anything else would be a crime.

spacer.png

And FWIW...

I got 1000 Doubloons from a SC and bought one crate. I got very lucky and Spock dropped which is the only other 1 of the 4 I really wanted. No idea where I will use him but at least I got him. He came 1st so rather than play lottery roulette with crates for Picard I just bought him outright.

spacer.png

Took Gowron from the mission. I never liked Tasha Yar in the series so a hard pass especially since they added her from her Romulan period. If they had added her from Starfleet I would have taken her over the Klingon. I have a 21pt Fiji Capt so not sure where or even IF I will ever use this one but it can sit in the reserves at the least.

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Anything else would be a crime.

she would like a word with you:

image.thumb.png.c303276f705b3bd9c80a6d4a9a16fa21.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

she would like a word with you:

image.thumb.png.c303276f705b3bd9c80a6d4a9a16fa21.png

I don't do that anime/weeb cringe kiddie type stuff, thanks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

As much as I want to, I just can't. 

Its real money, for captains when I already have plenty. 

Couldn't care less about the camo's for specific ships I never want to play. Too bad they couldn't find a way to make them perma's for whatever ship you want to mount them on. 

But the star trek port. THAT I would pay to keep. So sweet. 

16 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

As much as I want to, I just can't. 

Its real money, for captains when I already have plenty. 

Couldn't care less about the camo's for specific ships I never want to play. Too bad they couldn't find a way to make them perma's for whatever ship you want to mount them on. 

But the star trek port. THAT I would pay to keep. So sweet. 

I have so many Capt's in reserves it isn't funny and normally I would pass on buying any at this point of my WOWS career. But I couldn't pass on Spock and Picard. Big fan of Star Trek and Picard helming Enterprise had to happen LOL.

you_will_never_forget_these_90s_tv_catch

18 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

$9

I  won't give Wedgie money but some won't resist obtaining Picard & Spock. I think your choice of a 10 pter for the T1 Erie & the 6 pter for the T7 Fiji is wrong. You should reverse those assignments.

15 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't do that anime/weeb cringe kiddie type stuff

Neither do I 😁

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

I  won't give Wedgie money but some won't resist obtaining Picard & Spock. I think your choice of a 10 pter for the T1 Erie & the 6 pter for the T7 Fiji is wrong. You should reverse those assignments.

Neither do I 😁

Spock (Erie) and Gowron (Fiji) are shown on those ships for picture purposes only. Those are the ships they come preassigned to. Note they can’t be swapped around as Spock is for US ships and Gowron is for British ships.

I stuck them on the ships for screenshots of their Capt portrait. If I didn’t I would have been forced to take a screenshot of them in Reserves or waste ECXP to put them somewhere just for the pic. 

As I stated, I have no idea where either will be used. Someday I will find a US ship for Spock (another line split maybe?). No real interest in using Gowron but maybe some day.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

they can’t be swapped around as Spock is for US ships and Gowron is for British ships.

Having no choice of tech tree line where one can place these Cpts is even more reason not to give Wedgie any money to get them 😒.

26 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Having no choice of tech tree line where one can place these Cpts is even more reason not to give Wedgie any money to get them 😒.

It's always like that though. We never get to choose the nation these special Capt's work with. They always come assigned to one nation of the tree. We don't even get to pick the initial ship assignment as even that is already done. The closest we have ever had to that are the Ovechkin Capt's that have dual US/RU capability.

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They always come assigned to one nation of the tree.

Except, ofc, for Dasha Perova Cpts. Wedgie allowed her to be for all tech trees (or almost all of them). I mean, Gowron for the UK instead of Ger? ROFL.

2 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Except, ofc, for Dasha Perova Cpts. Wedgie allowed her to be for all tech trees (or almost all of them). I mean, Gowron for the UK instead of Ger? ROFL.

Not really true. Dasha Capt's come as nation specific versions, we don't get to purchase a basic Dasha and then pick the nation we want it to work with like a linkable camo or bonus pack. Her Capt is unique in that you can buy a US Dasha, a British Dasha, an Italian Dasha, etc... but you have to buy that specific nation version. That Capt can ONLY be used in that nation and it comes assigned to a specific ship just like any Capt including the Star Trek ones. 

I can't profess to know why WG picked the nations for the Star Trek Captains they did but it is pretty standard they way they added them as far as being one nation only with a ship specific assignment (it is how it worked with Transformer Capt's too). Sometimes the special Capt's get a ship specific assignment like say Leroy Jenkins and Kidd. Picard for Enterprise is a no brainer. Gowron for Fiji is a head scratcher but it is what it is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I can't profess to know why WG picked the nations for the Star Trek Captains they did but it is pretty standard they way they added them as far as being one nation only with a ship specific assignment (it is how it worked with Transformer Capt's too). Sometimes the special Capt's get a ship specific assignment like say Leroy Jenkins and Kidd. Picard for Enterprise is a no brainer. Gowron for Fiji is a head scratcher but it is what it is.

I suspect tier VII was selected based on the price point WG wanted to use for the collaboration, and a cruiser was needed out of a desire to represent the more prominent ship types and have wider appeal. As for why Fiji itself was selected, I would hazard a guess that someone decided a smoke cruiser was more thematically appropriate. I don’t think it is a coincidence that both the Romulan and Klingon content is associated with ships with smoke screens (cloaking devices).

For me the truly odd thing about this collab is the Vulcan cruiser camo for Gneisenau and the American Spock commander, especially in the context that in WoWs Legends the camo is instead a separate French clone of Gneisenau and Spock is a French commander (the Klingon Fiji camo is also a ship). I have a feeling that the Legends team took the lead on the development of significant parts of this collaboration and the PC team copied (and then slightly altered) their homework. 

In fact, WoWs Legends also has a USS Enterprise (CV-6) event currently underway, which might explain the specific timing of this collaboration as well as the “Grey Ghost” camo that showed up in a dev blog months ago out of the blue.

Edited by Nevermore135