I don't do discord...is there maintenance going on tonight?

IfYouSeeKhaos

Huh? Right now Discord is working if that's what you are asking.

No...I mean in the game...is the game down for maintenance?

Disconnected me & not letting me login since container reset time 1/2 hour ago...

Getting the "error connecting server" message.

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Huh? Right now Discord is working if that's what you are asking.

^^^forgot to quote you above...

Is NA server down for maintenance?

On Discord, I only get to see the EU announcements where this type of things would be announced. (Not in the general announcements which I see.) Someone on NA needs to check their Discord.

From the Player Support page on the WoWS web site:

Dear players, the World of Warships server will be unavailable from 05:00 to 07:00 a.m. ET (from 02:00 to 04:00 a.m. PT) on 17/07/24 due to the release of Update 13.6.1

Note that his info doesn't appear anywhere else that I can find. Another great job of communication from WG...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

Dear players, the World of Warships server will be unavailable from 05:00 to 07:00 a.m. ET (from 02:00 to 04:00 a.m. PT) on 17/07/24 due to the release of Update 13.6.1

Note that his info doesn't appear anywhere else that I can find. Another great job of communication from WG...

Aren't these usually in an information box on WGC?

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

1 minute ago, oldblackdog said:

No article or anything to tell us what tf 13.6.1 actually is?

Figures.

Why couldn't they do this when the test server was active so we still had something game related to do in the mean time?

Ty both for the replies.

• Like 2

Wondered why i had to install another huge update yesterday, this explains it. Now i'm curious what update 13.6.1 entails, why was this update necessary?

19 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

There was a fairly large update a couple of days ago, but I can't find any info about what (exactly) was in it. The only new article I see on the WoWS main page is something about wallpapers. Nothing mentioned on Reddit. Anyone checking Discord?

Edited by oldblackdog
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Now i'm curious what update 13.6.1 entails, why was this update necessary?

It's the announced fix to the camo induced crashes. There has been a blurb about it last week on Discord:

Captains! Due to an issue with the AL Nelson skin, for T VII BB Nelson, causing the game to crash for all players in a match, we are removing the Camouflage from all accounts temporarily until we fix the issue. Once the issue is fixed, the camouflage will be returned to these accounts along with compensation for the inconvenience. We will apply a hotfix until the 18th of July to resolve the matter We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. Fair winds and following seas!

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

WG in their infinite wisdom decided to post information on Discord, Reddit, and the dev blog (despite it being an issue with the current build rather than news relating to upcoming releases) while making zero mention of it on the game’s official website. The day last week that WG implemented the short-term fix for the game-crashing bug (removing the AL Nelson camo from everyone’s accounts) there were a lot of inquiries and alarm from players who had no idea what was going on because the devs don’t really seem to care about effectively communicating with the playerbase.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

It's the announced fix to the camo induced crashes. There has been a blurb about it last week on Discord:

The camo "fix" is scheduled for tomorrow, July 18.  So, I have no clue what this update is about...Moved forward without telling anyone???

(Copy/paste from WoWs Discord)

Killerbin34 [EU] — 07/12/2024 9:21 AM
Captains!

Due to an issue with the AL Nelson skin, for T VII BB Nelson, causing the game to crash for all players in a match, we are removing the Camouflage from all accounts temporarily until we fix the issue.
Once the issue is fixed, the camouflage will be returned to these accounts along with compensation for the inconvenience.

We will apply a hotfix until the 18th of July to resolve the matter

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Fair winds and following seas!

• Thanks 2

Maybe this counts as content these days as in "Guess why we doing maintenance?" or something.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

The camo "fix" is scheduled for tomorrow, July 18.  So, I have no clue what this update is about...Moved forward without telling anyone???

Not according to the devblog:

Please be aware that we are planning to install the update with the camouflage fix on July 17 and July 18 – depending on the region.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Not according to the devblog:

Aren't NA dates always one day ahead of EU and ASIA?

43 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Aren't NA dates always one day ahead of EU and ASIA?

NA update dates are on Wednesdays, while EU and ASIA update on Thursday.

I recall a brief period of a few months a couple years back when things were switched up and the RU server was updating on Wednesday and everything else on Thursdays, but NA has usually received updates first as long as I have been playing the game. This is almost certainly because the early morning NA server update corresponds to mid-day in Europe, so WG can monitor the process to spot any issues and fix bugs prior to ASIA/EU (and formerly RU) release.

A really annoying recent trend related to this is that news articles have started dropping on Thursday in all regions, vs. Wednesday in NA. For a couple patches now NA is getting detailed information about events the day after they go live.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

The version has changed and mods aren't working, so something has happened 🙂  13.6.1 it seems.

I have no additional information... except there's a "Bad Santa" article up that looks like it's a week late...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

Wow, it's almost like the WOWS website is the expected place to find WOWS information! SHOCKING.

• Bored 3

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Wow, it's almost like the WOWS website is the expected place to find WOWS information! SHOCKING.

At the time I made my post, the information wasn't mentioned in any of the usual places, like the game center, and it wasn't in the port news as of early this morning (around 4:00 AM when I signed off). I don't know when WG put it on the main page of the web site, but it wasn't there before they shut down the server.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldblackdog said:

At the time I made my post, the information wasn't mentioned in any of the usual places, like the game center, and it wasn't in the port news as of early this morning (around 4:00 AM when I signed off). I don't know when WG put it on the main page of the web site, but it wasn't there before they shut down the server.

Your post complained about the place in which the information was presented, not the timing of it, and I responded accordingly.

• Bored 3

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Your post complained about the place in which the information was presented, not the timing of it, and I responded accordingly.

Actually, my original post...

6 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

...was simply a copy & paste from the WoWS support page, followed by my comment about WG's failure at that time to post that information in any of the usual places to tell people about server down time. Your response (some hours after my original comment)...

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

...was just one of your typical pieces of snark, which is the kind of thing I've come to expect of you (whenever anyone criticizes WG).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2