(SURFACE) Ships you get reported in for no reason. CVs and Subs excluded (known factor...)

xamdam

Mainz... in Operations. Used to be Weimar. Pretty much guaranteed when I top the score even if I don't type a single word in chat (or spam "Well Done!" when somebody dies...).
Brandenburg... Not as often, but happens, like just now...
Tirpitz... same
Atlanta... believe it or not. Especially during D-Day Ops though.
Flint... same

Any good torp DD, especially if it's a premium. 

Interestingly it doesn't seem to happen with Massachusetts, although I find it easier to top Ops with that than some of my KM ships. But, the regular SOP is most any premium ship. Play a TT ship and top it, usually a "compliment". Sigh... I guess jealousy? 

This "Karma" / "Reporting" system is such a joke. Petty people playing silly games.

Edited by xamdam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Of the ships i own, playing these will often result in loosing Karma:

- Mainz (OPS)

- Brandenburg (OPS)

- Smolensk B

- Marceau

- Colbert

- Atlanta

- W. Virginia '44 (D-Day Ops)

- Michelangelo

10 minutes ago, xamdam said:

This "Karma" / "Reporting" system is such a joke. Petty people playing silly games.

I couldn't agree more!

• Like 3

A laugh can be a very powerful thing... (Roger Rabbit)

• Haha 2

Pretty much any ship with a smoke and good DPM. BBabies don't like getting farmed for all their HP for some reason. 

• Haha 1
  • Bored 1

13 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Pretty much any ship 

Is what I would say. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itwastuesday said:

Is what I would say. 

Also very true.

The most karma I have collected is wow an entire 7.

The last stream of karma netted 5. I was trying some higher tier BB, one of which to get that lousy 15ok damage mission done [which it isn't] and they are ruthless in the higher tiers reporting people. The last karma I had I lost to some fool in a CR that thought I wasn't doing anything to support him and it was over 1ook damage match for me.

Some people just have nothing better to do.

2 hours ago, xamdam said:

Petty people playing silly games.

Pretty much.

I give out good karma from time to time especially a try hard in a overall loss at times.

• Like 2

Ships? ... None in particular.    

Actions? ... Any if the enemy is salty 

Stealth torpedo strike?  Reported 

Gunboating and juking?  Reported  

HE spamming?  Reported  

Múltiple citadels?  Reported  

Dodging shots like Neo?  Reported   

RNG smiles at You?  Reported 

That's WoWS life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somehow none. Even when I played these 20 battles in I-58.

It's been maybe a year or two since getting or losing karma has felt totally random, ironically ever since I stopped getting chat banned (before that I was on a net positive).

"Be the change you want to see" as they say, so I try to give good karma as much as possible, and reduce the bad karma distribution (CVs and subs are already sucking out all of it anyway).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Smolensk, Marceau, Golden Lion UU, Venezia (after Nuking a DD in one salvo), Hinden 19 km firespam, Annapolis, Kearsarge (Harassing DDs with plane spotting), Asashio, Sherman.

Reported in Ops? In order for you to know that, doesn't it take at least two players reporting unless you active check your karma points after every battle?

To the best of my knowledge, based on my experience, reporting in operations is pretty rare (EU and ASIA). At least I haven't gotten any notifications and, TBH, my karma is probably very low so I wouldn't really notice of course...

• Like 1

I've had it happen a few times when I'm playing anything sneaky; less good players really seem to struggle with the vision mechanics (and quite possibly the range circles on the mini-map), and sometimes think you're cheating.

The other common - related - theme seems to be anything where you have a means to take advantage of the vision mechanics in another way besides being hard to spot, especially if it's a non-obvious ship. Usually, this means radar and hydro. As an example, before everyone knew that Orkan has radar, bushwhacking DDs hiding in smoke used to annoy a few folk...

Hmmmm ... I'm guessing it's more a Randoms problem than a general problem.

I'm sure I've been on the receiving end of some reports, but if so ... I've never noticed them.

My only interest in increasing my Karma ended when I'd got to the point where I had the maximum compliments to give ... it ticks me off when someone does well and I happen to notice it, and discover that I don't have any more complements available.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Hmmmm ... I'm guessing it's more a Randoms problem than a general problem.

I'm sure I've been on the receiving end of some reports, but if so ... I've never noticed them.

My only interest in increasing my Karma ended when I'd got to the point where I had the maximum compliments to give ... it ticks me off when someone does well and I happen to notice it, and discover that I don't have any more complements available.

Didn't WG increase the number of available compliments at some point?

Not particular ships, but by far the vast majority of the karma I've lost over the last three years has been from test ships. Of course, most of the karma I've gained has also been from playing test ships, and overall it's been a lot more positive karma than negative. Some of them I can understand, if I'm playing a weaker ship and struggling to have a lot of impact on the game, but I've probably gotten way more reports from games I do well in than the ones where I don't do well. Or just games in test ships period, especially from a handful of NA players I used to run into sometimes that were very open about always reporting every test ship they saw in game. 

That could also be because most of my random battles gameplay is in test ships, but that's just a technicality.

Run karma mod, so I’m only aware post match if I’ve been complimented. Karma always shows 999 other than patch day until Aslain gets their first version for that patch out. 

Recommend removing shell tracers, flares, and pendant for the rare captains to also improve Karma results post match. Ie; Lutjens, Halsey, Yamamoto. 

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Didn't WG increase the number of available compliments at some point?

Twice even, along with one reworking of the system. Originally the number of compliments and reports you had wasn't tied to your karma at all, and then in 0.6.6 the maximum was increased to 11 if you had enough karma. At some point since then it was increased to the current max of 15, and I think when they did that increase they also increased the minimum number you had per day too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Ships? ... None in particular.    

Actions? ... Any if the enemy is salty 

Stealth torpedo strike?  Reported 

Gunboating and juking?  Reported  

HE spamming?  Reported  

Múltiple citadels?  Reported  

Dodging shots like Neo?  Reported   

RNG smiles at You?  Reported 

That's WoWS life. 

Pretty much the same here, minus the couple of players I used to run into sometimes on NA that would (openly) report simply for playing a test ship.

Besides that, the list of things I've been reported for include:

Playing well; not having a good game; killing someone; not killing someone; carrying a team kicking and screaming to a win that looked like it was going to be a guaranteed loss; failing to carry a team to a win in a complete steamroll; not supporting someone/not listening to the self-designated battle commander in chat; playing the "right" ship; playing the "wrong" ship; getting nuked by torps or a lucky battleship salvo I wasn't expecting; not dying while playing a cruiser/not being an easy target or easy kill/dodging; etc.

Oh and of course the "cheating" or "hacking" ones (usually related to killing someone or not being an easy kill in a squishy ship). Those are always fun to get. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, xamdam said:

5 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

I couldn't agree more!

WoWS Karma. Where the scores are made up and the points don't matter.

• Like 2

My favorite are the ones from the enemy triple division that I single handedly sink or prevent from winning.

• Like 2

You can loose karma in co op too, i just been reported 10 minutes ago (5 kills, first on the board).🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Latouche_Treville said:

You can loose karma in co op too, i just been reported 10 minutes ago (5 kills, first on the board).🤣

It always cracks me up when this happens. Imagine how petty and/or tilted one has to be to report someone in a PVE mode because they did a better job of farming the bots.

I suppose I should add that I do report players in Coop on occasion, but I reserve it exclusively for players who behave like an anal orifice in chat.

• Like 2

Yeah lost some in Co-op earlier today because some spud in a T6 destroyer went in to torpedo a Bismarck with only ~5k health remaining and ate all the secondary fire from it and the Tirpitz also in the area. I killed the Bismarck with an AP salvo as the DD launched torps from less than 1km away. I got a sarcastic "thanks" in the chat. Honestly they'd have been better off not charging into that and just torpedoing the Tirpitz that still had half health.

2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Oh and of course the "cheating" or "hacking" ones (usually related to killing someone or not being an easy kill in a squishy ship). Those are always fun to get. 

My favorite are these types of accusations after you torp someone camping in their smoke, especially if they were spamming their guns the entire time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

My favorite are these types of accusations after you torp someone camping in their smoke, especially if they were spamming their guns the entire time.

And even better if they're a ship that has (or should have) hydro. And sometimes you know they have it and it's running because you or someone else is currently being hydro'd, and they still get torped. 

Getting blind fired is one thing. Sitting still in smoke while shooting and then eating torps is another. 

• Like 1