Bad Santa Commander

UnrepentantSinner

Finished the mission chain and got the Bad Santa commander, to my surprise i really like this guy, even WG has to get something right, at least some of the time. I like his attitude, fits my sunny disposition these days, reminds me a lot of Duke Nukem, is it the same voice actor? How do you like him?

• Like 10

I wish for Duke Nukem to be a Commander in World of Warships. 😊

• Like 3

Just now, Frostbow said:

I wish for Duke Nukem to be a Commander in World of Warships. 😊

There is a Duke Nukem mod, which is quite fun. But an officially released commander would be even better.

I know I got him somewhere, but what nation was he?

1 minute ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I know I got him somewhere, but what nation was he?

U.S.A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way” Jessica Rabbit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Omg, I agree! I almost had a ROFL moment when I tried him out! Best voiceover they done in 9 years tbh.

Requesting support = "Eeehh ..... Help ....?"

I need Intelligence data = "I need Intelligence ..... Wait ... why does it say I need Intelligence....?"

Cant wait to free XP this guy to 21 so I can start using him in my ships at T10.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 5

Thanks for the heads-up on this; I probably would have ignored him otherwise. I think I currently have my EU account set to Klingon...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Bad Santa Quotes:

- Enemy destroyer, ah destroyed, who writes this sh...?

- Get that one, he is on my naughty list.

- Well Done, what is this? A bad steak?

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Haha 3

WG never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. 

Would have been a home run if they paid Billy Bob to do it and used his likeness. 

Edited by Scrubby_McScrub

1 hour ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

WG never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. 

Would have been a home run if they paid Billy Bob to do it and used his likeness. 

On the old WOWs NA forum, discussion topics about celebrities to become in-game Commanders were created on occasion.

Johannes Meckleyne is voiced by the actor who dubbed Bruce Willis' lines into German, for some of Bruce Willis' action movies (such as Die Hard).

Sean Connery was approached by WOWs via his agent. 
Essentially, Sean was willing if WOWs could pay a certain amount of money.  WOWs couldn't afford that amount of money.
So that discussion ended amicably.
(From what I remember, this was mentioned during a WOWs Twitch broadcast.  Which would be years old, by now.)

Of course, there are many people (past and present) that would be interesting Commanders in WOWs. 
The usual obstacles are "getting permission" from the person or their decendants, and an amount of money which can be agreed upon.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Cant wait to free XP this guy to 21 so I can start using him in my ships at T10.

Can't you just select him in settings as the default voiceover?

40 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The usual obstacles are "getting permission" from the person or their decendants

I was once told by a former CM that Admiral Grace Hopper was considered as the first in-game female commander who held naval rank in real life, but an attempt to interest the family was unsuccessful. 

Of all the actual naval personnel in the game, Leroy Jenkins was the only one who joined it while still among the living (he was in his 90s at the time and I don't know if he is still among the living). What about Jingles, you say? Well, yes, he was in the Royal Navy; but he is in the game as his online persona and strictly because of his online persona and services to the game, not because of his former naval service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had my voice over audio set to 'extended'. This is pretty awesome since you hear all the other commanders teammates have installed and if not special, it is in the native language of a plain captain. Every match is pretty much different voices. Your special voice over captain is yours if running it, otherwise its nation specific, even with nuances in accents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thornzero said:

I had my voice over audio set to 'extended'. This is pretty awesome since you hear all the other commanders teammates have installed and if not special, it is in the native language of a plain captain. Every match is pretty much different voices. Your special voice over captain is yours if running it, otherwise its nation specific, even with nuances in accents.

Didn't know about that!  Thanks... could be fun for a bit... except maybe that darn cat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Can't you just select him in settings as the default voiceover?

This is what I did, as I couldn't be bothered blowing the necessary xp to get the actual Bad Santa captain up to a respectable level.

I'll run his voiceover until I get bored, and then switch to something else (or 'extended' as mentioned by @thornzero).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

On the old WOWs NA forum, discussion topics about celebrities to become in-game Commanders were created on occasion.

Johannes Meckleyne is voiced by the actor who dubbed Bruce Willis' lines into German, for some of Bruce Willis' action movies (such as Die Hard).

Sean Connery was approached by WOWs via his agent. 
Essentially, Sean was willing if WOWs could pay a certain amount of money.  WOWs couldn't afford that amount of money.
So that discussion ended amicably.
(From what I remember, this was mentioned during a WOWs Twitch broadcast.  Which would be years old, by now.)

Of course, there are many people (past and present) that would be interesting Commanders in WOWs. 
The usual obstacles are "getting permission" from the person or their decendants, and an amount of money which can be agreed upon.

Imagine having Marko Ramius Legendary captain with Sean Connery Voiceover driving the probably upcoming Premium T10 Russ submarine Rec October! ! !

Im calling it now .... "Caterpillar drive" will be the next BS gimmick for submarines.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Imagine having Marko Ramius Legendary captain with Sean Connery Voiceover driving the probably upcoming Premium T10 Russ submarine Rec October! ! !

Im calling it now .... "Caterpillar drive" will be the next BS gimmick for submarines.

We did imagine that.
But, as I mentioned, that idea didn't happen.

Tier-14 Russian premium Submarine, the "Red October"?  😉 

Edited to add:  It could have been an interesting "easter-egg" if the programming was done so that if a player using Marko Ramius sunk a player that was using Halsey, then Marko Ramius would speak the line "Your conclusions were all wrong, Ryan.  Halsey acted stupidly."

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 1

Are they planning to add Billy Bob Thornton or 'Lewis Winthorpe III' (Dan Akroyd) as a 'Santa' Cpt? 😁

I really wish WG would redo the quick commands as well. I know there has been threads about this in the old forum for years and nothing happens.

Would love to have things like: 
"Im Spotted"

"Submarine is close" (since many seem clueless even tho you are radaring him in youre sub.....)

"XXXXX used DCP"

"Crossfire XXXXX" (to inform teammates on other flank they have a shot)

"WE NEED CAPS/POINTS"

etc etc

Also why not make it visible who has given you a compliment ingame, to try and fix the on-going toxicity? Many times I complimented enemy players that has played good or even out played and killed me. I would like  for him to know that I comped him and not just a random teammate. But even teammates comping you would be nice to know. 

I understand why they dont show who has reported you and thats fine.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I really wish WG would redo the quick commands as well. I know there has been threads about this in the old forum for years and nothing happens.

Would love to have things like: 
"Im Spotted"

"Submarine is close" (since many seem clueless even tho you are radaring him in youre sub.....)

"XXXXX used DCP"

"Crossfire XXXXX" (to inform teammates on other flank they have a shot)

"WE NEED CAPS/POINTS"

etc etc

Also why not make it visible who has given you a compliment ingame, to try and fix the on-going toxicity? Many times I complimented enemy players that has played good or even out played and killed me. I would like  for him to know that I comped him and not just a random teammate. But even teammates comping you would be nice to know. 

I understand why they dont show who has reported you and thats fine.

Just a suggestion.

While what you suggested could be convenient, there is a slightly inconvenient work around.

Type those phrases into a text document ahead of time.
Then, when you need them, open the text document and copy the phrase you want to use, and then paste it into your battle-chat.
It's a few extra steps.
But, you can save the text document permanently on your computer, for later use.

I do this when I'm playing my Yamato with the High-School Fleet camouflage, Captained by Moeka China.  At the start of a battle, i copy/paste the words...
"The Kure all-girls High-School Fleet is glad to share a battle with you.  :-)" 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Are they planning to add Billy Bob Thornton or 'Lewis Winthorpe III' (Dan Akroyd) as a 'Santa' Cpt? 😁

Who is 'John St.John'? Never heard of him, never seen him before. Therefore, not in the least interested in obtaining this meaningless Cpt.

On 7/16/2024 at 7:09 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

“I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way” Jessica Rabbit

God bless the artist, too.

• Like 1