My first game in about a month.

Lady Anesjka

54 minutes ago, Asym said:

We have several players in our local Videogame store that have old computers to play games like Privateer and lend out to play older games....

Lol where are there any local videos stores left?

Edited by clammboy

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Some players simply will stay with a game till the bitter end

There is a story locally, as an example, of a wealthy philanthropist whom spent over 10 million US dollars to track down a fake salesman of a collectable wine and have him prosecuted...

We have several players in our local Videogame store that have old computers to play games like Privateer and lend out to play older games....

I've grown bored with WOWS and haven't played it in months. I might pick it back up this winter. That's when I usually do most of my gaming. Too much to do in the summers.

Interestingly, I've been having a conversation with a bunch of waiters and sommeliers and they all agree that any wine purchase over $25 is just for show because after that it's not going to taste any better and oftentimes worse. Of course wine as an investment is another story.

I fondly remember the Wing Commander and Privateer games. I had a lot of fun playing them in the early 90s. A modern version of Privateer is coming to Steam but its release date is yet to be announced.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 8:32 AM, Lady Anesjka said:

I log right out after it.

Cannot have fun when this is teams and the result was as you expected.

Game was over in 6 minutes.

Back to Steam and Sims 4

1. Matchmaking monitor is not your friend. It will mess up your mindset going into the match by giving unnecessary expectations about how the match will go. 

2. Tier 10 (and 9) are probably not the place to start after a longer break. They are full of sweaty unicums, three-man WR farming divisions, and goofy ships with overpowered special capabilities. Tier 6-7 offers a much more consistent starting point -- the gameplay is pretty much the same since forever.

3. Making the WoWS experience dependent on one match is not a good idea -- any random terrible thing could happen. A better approach would be to block out 5 matches and see how they go before casting judgement. If you win 2 plus have 1 that was very close, that's a great start for having taken a prolonged break. If you lose 4+ and none of them are close, then something about the ship/tier/format isn't working. Make changes and try again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, torino2dc said:

1. Matchmaking monitor is not your friend. It will mess up your mindset going into the match by giving unnecessary expectations about how the match will go. 

This.  ^^^^^^^

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I've grown bored with WOWS and haven't played it in months. I might pick it back up this winter. That's when I usually do most of my gaming. Too much to do in the summers.

Interestingly, I've been having a conversation with a bunch of waiters and sommeliers and they all agree that any wine purchase over $25 is just for show because after that it's not going to taste any better and oftentimes worse. Of course wine as an investment is another story.

I fondly remember the Wing Commander and Privateer games. I had a lot of fun playing them in the early 90s. A modern version of Privateer is coming to Steam but its release date is yet to be announced.

You are more than welcome to join our "made up" Operations division !  Search my game name and send me a in-game message and we'll invite you.  We use Discord and will provide you the link.   We've all kind of abandoned WOWS and only really play Ops and ASB's at night.

Again, feel free to drop in !

I am Croatia so my play time is super late america night.

On 7/21/2024 at 10:00 AM, Asym said:

You are more than welcome to join our "made up" Operations division !  Search my game name and send me a in-game message and we'll invite you.  We use Discord and will provide you the link.   We've all kind of abandoned WOWS and only really play Ops and ASB's at night.

Again, feel free to drop in !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Anesjka said:

I am Croatia so my play time is super late america night.

I am seven hours behind Croatia....   The offer is there.  We encourage players dropping in when they can......

• Like 2