My first game in about a month.

Lady Anesjka

Posted (edited)

I log right out after it.

Cannot have fun when this is teams and the result was as you expected.

Game was over in 6 minutes.

Back to Steam and Sims 4

Edited by Lady Anesjka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Anesjka said:

Back to Steam and Sims 4

Why not play a mid 5 to 7 tier match rather go all out at tier 10 your going to run into tier 11's, and yes playing a lower tier may have the same result but then again maybe not.

Yes its frustrating but the next game could have been a beauty down to the wire, even a close loss that might make you feel more determined to play on.

regards    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Why not play a mid 5 to 7 tier match rather go all out at tier 10 your going to run into tier 11's, and yes playing a lower tier may have the same result but then again maybe not.

Yes its frustrating but the next game could have been a beauty down to the wire, even a close loss that might make you feel more determined to play on.

regards    

My advice... Let it go.

Its not worth it...

5 hours ago, tm63au said:

regards    

Why keep chasing a good experience which gets less and less likely.

Until WG takes steps to fix the issues with the game, the Exodus of players will continue.

It's not our job to try to convince people to come back... particularly when we ourselves are leaving for other games.

Pretty soon world of warships will be like world of warplanes. Mostly bots with a few players. Heck, tier 5 on NA is ALREADY THERE.

Last night I played my NCAA 2005 game rather than World of Warships.

There is just more fun stuff out there. None of us are chained to this game like it's a hamster wheel...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Why keep chasing a good experience which gets less and less likely.

Until WG takes steps to fix the issues with the game, the Exodus of players will continue.

It's not our job to try to convince people to come back... particularly when we ourselves are leaving for other games.

Pretty soon world of warships will be like world of warplanes. Mostly bots with a few players. Heck, tier 5 on NA is ALREADY THERE.

Last night I played my NCAA 2005 game rather than World of Warships.

There is just more fun stuff out there. None of us are chained to this game like it's a hamster wheel...

Mature games all have an Exodus period....some survive it and most do not.....this game is no exception !  Now, back to Fallout 4, I have two bobble heads to obtain !

• Haha 1

why even run this mode, are you playing for yourself or for others. 

9 hours ago, Lady Anesjka said:

What Wedgie wants (sadly).

8 hours ago, tm63au said:

Why not play a mid 5 to 7 tier match

The mid tiers are where it's at & best of all 😁, one will barely see any of Wedgie's new gimmick ships.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

soon world of warships will be like world of warplanes.

I'd use the analogy of WoT instead. WoWP was a failure from the start. Still, Wedgie is squeezing their two golden geese for all the golden eggs they can get 😒

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Wedgie won't. Wedgie is entirely responsible. It is abundantly clear (to me) Wedgie only cares about the players who give Wedgie money.

• Like 1

Started the day with what didnt look too bad, a -5% MM, but enemy had a super-uni div, we had no really strong players and no div, and our two top tier BBs were solid reds. 

So it was an eight minute game with reds holding all caps and us down to two ships. Pretty much the experience OP had. 

And, no I dont discount the games when the shoe is on the other foot, thats not fun either. 

Try Ranked instead for something more balanced

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Try Ranked instead for something more balanced

Bronze is even worse...and getting to silver or gold relies on grinding through bronze enough to get there.

Plus, silver isn't a great experience either.

The reality is that the game experience isn't sufficient to keep players around...and the population numbers on NA show that loss of interest.

Something has to change, or we will just have a mostly dead game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Bronze is even worse

How is it even worse?  Smaller teams magnify your impact; Unicum Divs are not a factor nor tier disparity. If the problem is having the deck stacked against you, Ranked will present the most even odds for solo play. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

While that's certainly discouraging, and I'm not trying to minimize it, one game does not a sufficient sample size make. This kind of thing will happen with a "random" MM.

• Like 1

much more relaxing than ships 😄 😄 😄

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/16/2024 at 2:31 AM, Lady Anesjka said:

image.thumb.png.cb00784532ac533744b47606b52aa44d.png

On 7/16/2024 at 2:32 AM, Lady Anesjka said:

Back to Steam and Sims 4

I do not blame you one bit. I have played on those types of teams and have logged out. Some people are fine with bad teams, and others like me get frustrated, sometimes even enough to just log out disgusted. But I always have to remember that it is just a game, and not everyone can play like a rock star. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

Try having that every game for over two weeks. It's fascinating.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Try having that every game for over two weeks. It's fascinating.

a person can only take so much torture. You must have work in america CIA or something to put up with that much abuse. on nevermind, you here in EU with me, maybe INTERPOL ?

Edited by Lady Anesjka
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lady Anesjka said:

a person can only take so much torture. You must have work in america CIA or something to put up with that much abuse. on nevermind, you here in EU with me, maybe INTERPOL ?

Hah! I don't care all that much, it's not like the game is competitive. I'm truly fascinated. Statistically this is incredibly unlikely to say the least. How far does it go? I'll find out!

5 hours ago, Lady Anesjka said:

Or, like me, I was born curious..... And, I have been mapping game maturity trends for a long time now (for a Doctoral project I'm involved with)....  This is the sixth game I've mapped for maturity progression and life cycle development....   (as a note: so that new game developers have the History of what makes games work, or stall or fail...)

WYSIWYG..... We are at the end of the Exodus period;  where,  the game has chased off those "whom really like the game itself - but, hate what it's become..."   And, we'll see WOWS de evolve into a stalled Mature game, if this game does what three similar games I have played, does:  stall below 10,000 and stay there with the die hards not willing to leave their "real money investments" in the dying game....   I visit the other games that are stalled and talk to those players still there !   They are several years ahead of WOWS's age and are on their 6th or 7th iteration of clones of their vehicles now....  Imagine having 7 Benhams or 7 Anchorages....  Clone of clones of clones of everything to include new cloned maps and cloned modes that are simply redecorated old products....

So, as said above:  it's just a silly game to play with close friends at night.......no more and no less.....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Asym said:

stall below 10,000 and stay there with the die hards not willing to leave their "real money investments" in the dying game....  

The reason to stay is not investments, it's because finding a new game with people you know in it or that they might like is rather difficult.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

The reason to stay is not investments, it's because finding a new game with people you know in it or that they might like is rather difficult.

You know, I actually have been asking that exact question over the years.....  In my experience:  no....  They spent 1,200+ US and they refuse to simply walk away....  And yes, there are all sorts of alternatives......many of which are not the same weapons of war !!!   Take Mechwarrior as an example.   there are several other Mech related games ! 

It depends on what you like !  Right off the short search of "Naval games in 2024", there are 13 listed.  And, that's not all of them....  Here again, depends on what interests you and how "involved" you want to be.

Other interviews of "displaced gamers" often goes in the "space" games as the follow on to Naval Games.  Elite Dangerous is a common answer. 

But, "money spent" is a very, very common answer to why they haven't uninstalled............and, In my personal adventures these past 15 years, I haven't uninstalled any of them that are still open !  Why?  Because, I have "a lot of game Value" in them and if they turn themselves around, would go back with a lot of accumulated "value !"

And, as a side note:  Friends follow friends when they pull the yellow handle.....  In WOWs, I know an awful lot of those whom ejected at the same time from the same previous games....!!!  Not all at the same time but, if one ejects from MWO and lands in WOWS, it is amazing that, lo and behold, they followed and again, are divisioning or join the same clans !!!    Funny how that works !!!

• Like 1

Another option is simply to rotate (take turns) among the games one does enjoy.  (In order to avoid "burnout" or boredom.)

I've found that Star Trek Online is a nice alternative and the gameplay is a bit more "at my own pace" than World of Warships.
I'm a "Lifetime" member on STO.  Mostly, I did so for the monthly allowance of "Zen", which is their equivalent of WOWs doubloons.
One of the nice things about STO is that I can start some personal projects or begin one or more story-arcs with one or more characters, and then walk away from it for a month or more and return later-on to pick-up where I left-off.

I played Elite in the 1980's, and "Oolite" (a fan-based version of Elite) in the early 2000's.  Elite Dangerous is on my "to try" list.

There are plenty of games on Steam and other sources (abandon-ware websites, for example).

As for "social aspects"?  It's possible for a game to have a public chat feature and one can make friends via that feature. 
It just depends upon how extroverted one wants to be, eh?  🙂 

Here, we're enjoying a forum that grew from our camaradarie on the old forum(s) and some word-of-mouth advertising.

Twitch is a nice place to "network" or simply try new Streamers or Topics to view, in addition to those we've already met via our association with following various Twitch Channels who've been featuring World of Warships.
(I've noticed that many of the twitch streamers that I follow are diversifying their portfolios of which games they play.  I figure it has to do with which games are paying them and which games the streamer in question actually enjoys playing.)

Some people have been "doom-saying" World of Warships since it was created.  The exact number of such people varies from year to year.
But, WOWs is still here and still being played.
I started playing in 2018. 
As I write this, the date is July 20th., 2024.

1 hour ago, Asym said:

But, "money spent" is a very, very common answer to why they haven't uninstalled

Really? That's rather silly as that money was blown, not invested, as you have purchased exactly nothing that can be liquidated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itwastuesday said:

Really? That's rather silly as that money was blown, not invested, as you have purchased exactly nothing that can be liquidated.

Oh my......  I can tell you that where you live plays into what some do !   Where I come from, let's just say, that the folk here would rather die than give up a single, copper, cent...  Even if, that game had imploded to the point of 10 minutes of que time..... 

Other places are worse in my experience.  Some players simply refuse to change games !  Even if the host has told them "it's game over man !"  They played to the last second and never remove the deactivated Icon.  

In some medical circles that is called "an addiction or impulsive behavior" and there are ICD codes (F63.89 et al..) for Impulse gaming addictions.....

• Sad 1
  • Bored 1

Hey Wolfie, what could possibly be confusing? 

Some players simply will stay with a game till the bitter end....!  And then, complain about lost values.  We won't even talk about corporate Eve team's where the lose of a ship creates angst and serious depression (of course, they are all aviation or stress engineers and they are unique people...)  !  

There is a story locally, as an example, of a wealthy philanthropist whom spent over 10 million US dollars to track down a fake salesman of a collectable wine and have him prosecuted....   We have several players in our local Videogame store that have old computers to play games like Privateer and lend out to play older games....

Like I said:  local culture trumps process 100% of the time.......