Research Bureau Question

yss_turtleship

I'm new to the whole stacking of the RB multipliers.  The RB resets in 10 days. If I have a line currently reset, will it get the double multiplier if I research it while not having reset any other lines after the season starts?

TIA,

Turtle

• Like 1

Here is how the doubling works. The first time you hit the reset button during each 3 month season that first line you just reset gets double credit instead of single. If you FXP a line that is currently reset and then immediately reset it again without buying and playing the ships after this new "season" in 10 days the bonuses are layered on top. So if the current line already has a double it becomes a quadruple payout. But if it is only a single it becomes a triple payout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

I'm new to the whole stacking of the RB multipliers.  The RB resets in 10 days. If I have a line currently reset, will it get the double multiplier if I research it while not having reset any other lines after the season starts?

TIA,

Turtle

Yes. The double multiplier is for the first reset of the season. So long as you don't touch any others, you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

If you are looking at resetting a 2X multiplier line it will usually change to a 1X multiplier when it changes in 10 days. I just did the 2X INJ line last week. It appears they have changed the way the multiplier stacks doing multiple resets at a time. The INJ line has a 2X multiplier now and i had 2 mil free XP to reset with. I reset it 3X and only got 4X points instead of 6X like the last time 3 months ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nav999 said:

If you are looking at resetting a 2X multiplier line it will usually change to a 1X multiplier when it changes in 10 days. I just did the 2X INJ line last week. It appears they have changed the way the multiplier stacks doing multiple resets at a time. The INJ line has a 2X multiplier now and i had 2 mil free XP to reset with. I reset it 3X and only got 4X points instead of 6X like the last time 3 months ago.

I think you are misunderstanding how this works. The 2X bonus only applies once a season. So if you reset a line three times within a single three month period 4X is indeed what you should have. Because the first time you'd get the 2X and the each subsequent repeat until the bonus is again available is only worth 1X. If you were instead just to bank that FXP until the bonus is available again during each 3 month season you can once a year cash out an 8X line with only four resets and then playing through the line just once.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the clarification!

Here's the wiki:

Stacking resets

For a player rich in Free XP Free XP, this is the easiest way to accumulate Research Points Research Points (RP). The Tier V–X ships of a reset line need not be played to qualify for RP at an eventual first win.

A player can reset, then unlock an entire line using Free XP without purchasing or playing a single ship, and the Tier V–X ships will "remember" that they are due those Research Points at the first win. Then the player can reset, then unlock the same line without purchasing or playing a ship, and the Tier V–X ships will "remember" that they are due more Research Points at the first win. When those ships eventually are purchased and played for a win, the accrued Research Points are awarded.

Example

1) In Season 1 a player unlocks his fifth tech tree Tier X ship and immediately receives Research Points 10,000.
2) He resets his Ersatz naval ensign of the Kreigsmarine (1935-1945) KM cruiser line. All Tier II+ KM cruisers in port etc. are sold. Then he spends Free XP 755,410 (ships plus B hulls) to unlock all nine ships through Tier X. His Tier V through X ships thus gain the ability to play for double (2x) Research Points (the bonus for his first reset of the season) at any future time — Research Points 20,400 for all six. Anticipating another reset, he purchases none of them.
3) In the same season, the player resets his KM cruiser line again, and again unlocks all nine ships with Free XP. His Tier V through X ships thus this will collect another (now 3x) RP award when played — an additional Research Points 10,200 for all six.
4) In the next season as his first reset, the player resets his KM cruiser line for the third time, and again spends Free XP to unlock all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus accrue access to yet another double (2x) Research Points award — Research Points 20,400. His reset awards have thus 'stacked' to five times (5x) the base award.
5) He then purchases his six Tier V–X ships, and plays six Co-op games, all wins, thus earning a total of Research Points 51,000 to add to the Research Points 10,000 qualifying bonus, giving him Research Points 61,000 — enough to buy Colbert (Research Points 57,000).

He has spent about Free XP 2.7M, Credits 19.3M to 53M,[9] and played 6 games. Elapsed time, about 2 hours total.

For an all-FXP reset/unlock cycle, the Flag of Japan IJN DD Harugumo line costs the fewest Free XP to fully unlock. The total FXP cost for the Flag of Japan IJN DD Harugumo line is 675,520 Free XP. This includes the FXP costs for upgrading a ship's B Hull in order to move to the next tier.

Research Bureau - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

If I have a line currently reset, will it get the double multiplier if I research it while not having reset any other lines after the season starts?

The answer is 'no'.

You can increase the multiplier by researching the line with fxp and then resetting again, in the next 10 days (for an extra 1x) or after that (for an extra 2x, if you don't reset anything else before). But the points you can claim by regrinding the line you have already reset won't just magically become 2x because 10-11 days elapse. Otherwise, people would just reset a line and not research it for years, and in the meantime the multiplier would grow every 3 months. It doesn't work that way.

Edited by tocqueville8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

The answer is 'no'.

You can increase the multiplier by researching the line with fxp and then resetting again, in the next 10 days (for an extra 1x) or after that (for an extra 2x, if you don't reset anything else before). But the points you can claim by regrinding the line you have already reset won't just magically become 2x because 10-11 days elapse. Otherwise, people would just reset a line and not research it for years, and in the meantime the multiplier would grow every 3 months. It doesn't work that way.

I apologize if I didn't make my post clearer.  You and the others answered my question about stacking the multiplier, specifically the 2x multiplier. Thanks a bunch, folks!

• Like 1

If you want to FXP, it's often useful to wait until the end of a 3 month "window" (AKA Next Tuesday, July 23). Do a reset, FXP the line and don't buy the ships. at the beginning of the next window (Wednesday July 24) you can reset the line AGAIN and then either grind it or FXP it again, and all your ships in that line will have a 4x multiplier.

I generally don't actually purchase the Haragumo - there are other DD's I like better at T10 - but Akizuki and Kitakaze are a lot of fun, so I tend to FXP to T8, play aki and kita and then reset the line again. My Minekaze has an 8x bonus on it because I have done this a bit too much, while my Harugumo currently has a 4x (I burned s loy of RB points getting kitakami)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just research the line do not purchase and the new x2 will stack

Has there been any word on future RB ships? Even speculations? 

I will in my next x2 rest in coming days have enough for a new ship and Colbert has teased me for months but im not really convinced. And I know with my luck if I pull the trigger a new totally awesome ship will be announced the next day.

I already own both Marceau and Jinan/Smolensk so im not sure what new Colbert would bring...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I will in my next x2 rest in coming days have enough for a new ship and Colbert has teased me for months but im not really convinced. And I know with my luck if I pull the trigger a new totally awesome ship will be announced the next day.

I already own both Marceau and Jinan/Smolensk so im not sure what new Colbert would bring...

Brennus are the only not yet released ship that has been confirmed for RB. But who knows about ships like Svea?

Colbert is excellent coop mission ship, fires, main battery hits, ribbons.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Brennus

12 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Well it has the most DPM in-game so that's definitely something.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Colbert can be quite fun, but personally I've found each time that I'd rather be playing Worcester for the utility and range. 

• Like 1