Weekend Spree 12-14 July 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

On Saturday I streamed and finished the Uganda --> Auckland grind. Took the Auckland out for a trial spin, liked what I saw.

Played naval battles and some Personal Challenges, enough to get the T5 early-access French DD. Liked what I saw there too. 

Today was my firstborn's 15th birthday. This means that he is old enough to travel to Arrakis and ride a sandworm. Must start organizing that soon. 

• Like 2

After completeing all the 300 BXP personal challenges, took Auckland into an op for the next challenge level, and scored 29 fire ribbons.  Seemed like a lot.

• Like 1

Naval Battles.  Personal Challenges, 500 - max'd out.  Operations.  Blew out my back and now I'm limping around and headed to PT.... 

And, that's about that game wise.

Then, I inventoried my basic BugOut basic loads, sprayed my digital deploy clothes with permethrim and inventoried base camp equipment....

And, just finished a chapter of my book project and sent it to my translators for mark up.    There is some real negative waves a go'in on man.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Asym said:

Naval Battles.  Personal Challenges, 500 - max'd out.  Operations.  Blew out my back and now I'm limping around and headed to PT.... 

Then, I inventoried my basic BugOut basic loads, sprayed my digital deploy clothes with permethrim and inventoried base camp equipment....

And, just finished a chapter of my book project and sent it to my translators for mark up.    There is some real negative waves a go'in on man.....

IMG_0328.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Asym said:

Hope you heal-up soon.
The rest of the adventures seem interesting.

Pretty quiet weekend (current events notwithstanding.)  Did some yard work and polished up most of the personal challenges (6 left @600 bxp.)  Should be able to finish this up in the next day or two.  My apologies in advance, if you see me playing ops with some unusual ship choices.

• Like 1

Friday, I had a breeze in Ranked Bronze in Prinz Heinrich, but cut it short to work on my railroad.

The rest of Friday and a good chunk of Saturday was spent installing permanent wiring under the train table, bringing life to many parts of the layout that had not yet been hooked up.

The rest of Saturday was spent having dinner & activities with 40-year friends who had recently moved away, and digesting the major news of the day.

No WoWs on Saturday.

Sunday: No WoWs time until well into the night. Played one random and two co-ops to get the 250 & 1500 BXP mission points. Completed a leftover 3000 BXP mission in the process. Saw I was 16 BXP short of the daily 2000 BXP mission, and said, essentially, “screw you WG, and your ‘further diminishing returns for more grind’ policy.” Decided the 1 event pass point wasn’t worth three minutes of speed boosting Marceau in co-op for a ram to obtain…but taking ten minutes to b!tch about it was. So, here I am.

• Like 1

The weather, locally, was hot (obove 90 degrees Fahrenheit) for much of the weekend.  So, I deferred outdoor projects, such as mowing the lawn.

I played World of Warships a fair amount of time. 
Was fortunate to division-up with @Zoot21 and their div-mate Astalavista, on a few occasions.  Good times.  🙂

Made some progress on two of my newest characters in Star Trek Online, last week, by partaking in activities on the Planet Risa, during the Summer Festival.
Each has earned enough "Lohlunat favors" to acquire an entry-level jet-pack and surf-board, and to recruit at least one blue-quality Duty Officer.
Dancing, surfing, jet-packing, exploration, searching for artifacts hidden among beach sands and horgons dispersed throughout the island, building sand-castles, visiting "points of view" which offer scenic visuals, playing hide & seek with a beachcomber named Pavyl, hatching and raising Risian Birds or training Risian Monkeys are among the passtimes one can enjoy on Risa, along with the superb drinks an food provided by the local bartenders and chefs.

Here's a link to the "brochure".  🙂  https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Lohlunat_Festival

8d916c0f0ca0cb8ee865671b9915ded617192695 
https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11569754

I viewed Twitch streams of @Ensign Cthulhu and @Lord_Zath over the course of the weekend.
Thanks for streaming, both of you.

Also, yesterday, @Lord_Zath was educating viewers with a discussion of Captain's skills and the various seasoned, special and unique commanders with talents that improve the performance of various ship equipment items by a percentage.  During that discussion, I mentioned that I use my Commanders as inspirations for creative writing. 
@Lord_Zath was kind enough compliment the writing that has been done in the topic https://www.devstrike.net/topic/40-if-our-captains-could-talk-again/  (which I had no idea that he has been reading) and invited me to share a link to the forum topic during his stream.
I did the best I could at the time, because I was watching the stream on my phone, by providing DevStrike's web address and the title of the topic.
Today, obviously, I've incuded the full link directly to the topic.
It was heartening to learn that @Lord_Zath has been a fan of our creativity and had kind words to say about it.  Thanks.  🙂 
He's going to be traveling on a journey to help his Dad, soon. 
I hope fans of his channel will offer goodwill, kind thoughts, supportive encouragement and tokens of esteem.

Looks like @iDuckman and I will have to put our awesome tag-team DJ skills on-hold during Zath's multi-day journey. 
But, that will give me time to focus on doing some maintenance of my motorcycle. 
By the way, the book title "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" was referenced during our conversations on Zath's stream, yesterday.  🙂 

In my local area, the weather is predicted to be another day in a group of days which comprise a "heat wave".
For the moment, I'm catching-up on forum activity and finishing my breakfast.

Best wishes to everyone.  🙂 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

By the way, the book title "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" was referenced during our conversations on Zath's stream, yesterday.  🙂 

I read that book around 1980.  The ending always bothered me.  I borrowed it again a year ago and the updated version explained the ending to my satisfaction.  However, I quickly gave up trying to read it again because it was too deep for me to want to go again.  Besides, I already followed to whole path since I read it the first time.

• Like 1

For me, on NA Server, a good battle with my Aurora (sank 6) & then I noticed it was time to sell my NY, buy the NM & advance that Cpt up the line. Next to advance will be my Gneisenau Cpt - by buying the Bismarck. My NA clan barely ever has opportunity to play NBs (the clan is almost completely moribund).

On EU Server, our clan got the W (84 - 61) after a few Ls so that was good. I tried a campaign battle &, ofc, needing 'hits' got sunk almost right away ,so, few hits. I think just the one campaign to complete now.

Otherwise, except for Sunday, my brother, sister-in-law & I have been paddle boarding a lot. Where I live it's paddle board heaven & lots of people have been out doing the same. We dive for aluminum cans, garbage & even tires (car & truck). We have gotten 17 of these now (over the last 3 summers). Well over 200 cans & bottles (even a few old 'stubbies'). Don't get the idea where we paddle board is a junkyard - it isn't, it's a very pristine area - just there's a lot of Anals who dump stuff into fresh water.

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Hope you heal-up soon.
The rest of the adventures seem interesting.

Thanks !  I will try;  but,  that is a "pie shell promise" to be sure...

• Like 1

I knocked out all NBs on my EU account; however, I have felt like a slouch when it comes to my NA account (PASN) for a long time. Thankfully, the clan has some really good, dedicated players who continue NBs (without being told). Overall, it's just a great group.

Did catch @Ensign Cthulhu and @Lord_Zath streams.  Both, by the way, show up in the "DevStrike! WoWs Community" Discord server (twitch-streamers) when they begin streaming automatically.  It is a great reminder!

I enjoyed both streams and probably spent too much time watching Lord_Zath's stream regarding Captain skills. It was well worth watching to learn how to utilize the many captains and nations they represent. I would love (hint, hint) perhaps to see a YouTube video on that segment—it was really good!

I've been tackling some major renovations to my house. Unfortunately, they're all outside in 95—to about 105-degree (F) weather. It really does not depend on the time of day—morning, noon, and night are all very hot and humid right now.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

and probably spent too much time watching Lord_Zath's stream regarding Captain skills.

It is impossible to spend too much time watching Lord Zath dissect and discuss the game's mechanisms.

Was good to have you on my stream.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I read that book around 1980.  The ending always bothered me.  I borrowed it again a year ago and the updated version explained the ending to my satisfaction.  However, I quickly gave up trying to read it again because it was too deep for me to want to go again.  Besides, I already followed to whole path since I read it the first time.

I've not read it, actually.
Decades ago, I saw it on a shelf in a bookstore and read the dust-jacket (it was a hardcover version) and read a few pages.
It had been mentioned somewhere in my information & current events social phenomena "radar".  So, I knew the book was *famous*.
And I knew the story featured a Honda motorcycle similar to the one my Dad owned (and had ridden extensively on-road and off-road in Texas & New Mexico).
But, reading the first few paragraphs didn't "click" with me.  So, I left it on the shelf.
But, the book title is memorable and interesting, and has remained with me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I tried reading it again a few decades ago and that's about as far as I got.  I won't say it was too deep to appreciate.  More like it felt like a waste of time.  Great title, though.

LOL  Republican Convention using 'YMCA' as segue music.  I love being a DJ.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2024 at 9:46 AM, HogHammer said:

I knocked out all NBs on my EU account; however, I have felt like a slouch when it comes to my NA account (PASN) for a long time. Thankfully, the clan has some really good, dedicated players who continue NBs (without being told). Overall, it's just a great group.

Did catch @Ensign Cthulhu and @Lord_Zath streams.  Both, by the way, show up in the "DevStrike! WoWs Community" Discord server (twitch-streamers) when they begin streaming automatically.  It is a great reminder!

I enjoyed both streams and probably spent too much time watching Lord_Zath's stream regarding Captain skills. It was well worth watching to learn how to utilize the many captains and nations they represent. I would love (hint, hint) perhaps to see a YouTube video on that segment—it was really good!

I've been tackling some major renovations to my house. Unfortunately, they're all outside in 95—to about 105-degree (F) weather. It really does not depend on the time of day—morning, noon, and night are all very hot and humid right now.

The YT video is in the works... it's just going to be some time before it gets released due to my massive YT backlog. I have videos scheduled through the end of August!

• Like 3