[POLL] How did you fare in "Beautiful game" event?

Leo_Apollo11

How did you fare in "Beautiful game" event?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How did you fare in "Beautiful game" event?

• 15/15
    • 14/15
    • 13/15
    • 12/15
    • 11/15
    • 10/15
    • 9/15
    • 8/15
    • 7/15
    • 6/15
    • 5/15
    • 4/15
    • 3/15
    • 2/15
    • 1/15
    • 0/15

Hi all,

How did you fare in "Beautiful game" event?

I am 11/15... there were some upsets which i didn't count on...

Leo "Apollo11"

Edited by Leo_Apollo11
  • Like 3

I got my apple cart upset by Turkey and by going for the Germans on the coin flip match. So 13/15 for the run. A free T8 boat with no money paid is still quite the freebie to snag.

• Like 3

• Leo_Apollo11 changed the title to [POLL] How did you fare in "Beautiful game" event?

Solid 13 of 15 for a T8 incoming. Pretty decent but I had good advice online and offline, otherwise I may not have done so well.

• Like 2

I went 14/15.  Since I know nothing about football (aka soccer) I just picked randomly in the first round.  Blew Switzerland vs Italy, but got lucky on Austria vs Turkey.  After the first round I saw @Arcus_Aesopiposts about the odds and basically picked the winners from that.  Thanks @Arcus_Aesopi!  Looking forward to a T9 crate tomorrow. 

Edited by Slammer58
  • Like 3

11/15. Guess i gonna keep my T5/6 containers till WG decides to add some new ships to them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

11/15. Guess i gonna keep my T5/6 containers till WG decides to add some new ships to them.

Same… keeping T5-T8 boxes for 13/15.  

Free is free in this case.  🙂 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

Same here for the t5. Anything higher at least has one ship it can drop. Definitely didn’t make it up to the t9 crate, but I’m fine with that - Marco Polo or Z44 can keep waiting…

• Like 1

I got 7 ...

I might have done better but I forgot about the damn event and didn't get to make selections for 2 matches facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

• Like 2

12/15

I already had all the ships from the tier 5 crate, but I got Leipzig (tier 6) and Collingwood (tier 7), so I'm happy with the result. Acquiring the Leipzig will pay dividends in the next dockyard, so I got lucky here.

• Like 3

Had some bad bets, only made it up to 10. Claimed my Tier V crate tonight, but it's going to sit unopened until WG adds more ships to it. 

Edit: Forgot the token from the finals hadn't been credited yet. Made it up to the Tier VI crate and got:

Spoiler

MakarovTier6CrateBeautifulGame.thumb.PNG.636870374281f0caf77a3b9192f204df.PNG

Yay Makarovgate....

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 3

13/15. Thought Austria would beat Turkey and did not expected England to advance against Switzerland.

• Like 2

11/15 (13)  RL interfered and I didn't get the first two games picked before they started.

I'll hold onto the T5 crate since I have all of the ships.

Edited by Bomont
  • Like 3

Only 3, but honestly I barely touched it. I was away for a bit, and then just didn't play much for the duration of the event- I only got to make those three guesses, and I got them all right. And they were guesses; I don't follow sportsball. At all. So... eh, whatever? Shame I didn't get a shot at the ship crates, but it's not the end of the world.

• Like 3

Blew the second and third rounds, got the last right for T5 container. I know absolutely nothing about football so I'm okay with this. Don't need more ships anyway. 

• Like 3

13 from 15, i didn't expect Austria and especially Italy to loose.

• Like 3

12 of 15. I hadn't predicted the Turkey win, and I went twice against my gut instict. For France vs. Spain, I read at the last moment a report on a supercomputer analyzing all the data and giving France the overall edge. So *fiddlestick* computers. For Germany vs Spain I knew the odds were for Spain, but enjoyed supporting my host country anyway.

I think this was a great event, lots of fun to be had.

• Like 3

12/15, wrong on Switzerland-Italy (that wasn't aware of how much Italian team has declined from their prime), Austria-Turkey (a true surprise) and Switzerland-England (despite a very close call against Slovak, Southgate's English team still managed to advance up to the Final).

• Like 3

13/15 based on the odds posted by bookies. Would have been 14/15 if I waited for the opinion of one of my clan's Italian players.

• Like 2

7/15.

Kudos to the players who did their best.  Congratulations to the winners.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

12/15, wrong on Switzerland-Italy (that wasn't aware of how much Italian team has declined from their prime), Austria-Turkey (a true surprise) and Switzerland-England (despite a very close call against Slovak, Southgate's English team still managed to advance up to the Final).

I voted the same across the board. I was sure that England’s luck would run out against Switzerland.

I regularly take advantage of the PTS, so I’m left with two containers (the tier V and tier VII) sitting in my port until their ship lists get updated. Going into this event I decided I would be happy if I got the tier VI container, so I’m not disappointed.

• Like 2

I got 10 points. I think the NA guys fared better because they always voted for the expected results and were not biased by their favorites like us Europeans.

• Like 1

12 of  15 for me

I miss

Italia vs Switzerland

Turkey vs Austria

Germany vs Spain

and this is my rewards from beautiful game. I am semi pleased because I have already Sims B.

Now I need just one tier 5 to get all possible ships expect Julius Caesar. This was been my tactics for community tokens take only tier 5, for 4 years.

Screenshot (4438).png

Screenshot (4442).jpg

Screenshot (4446).jpg

Screenshot (4449).jpg

• Like 2

13/15, which made for a load of credits (useful for the next regrind); it's all down to the internet, as I know nothing about football - the ball's the wrong shape.

Missed 2 on the first round, then ran the table on the rest.

No clue on soccer just went with what google odds and predictions said.