PSA: Issue with Azur Lane Nelson Camo (read this if you have it)

AdmiralThunder

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/

We have discovered an issue which causes the game to crash for the whole lobby if a player enters battle with VII NELSON equipped in the Azur Lane permanent camouflage. We are already working on resolving this matter but, until the fix is ready, we will temporarily withdraw this camouflage from the accounts of players who own it to prevent further crashes. Once the issue is fixed, the camouflage will be returned to these accounts along with one Tactical Special container as a compensation for the inconvenience. 

Please be aware that we are planning to install the update with the camouflage fix on July 17 and July 18 – depending on the region.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

• Thanks 2

Good thing I saw this because I was coming here to breathe some fire over this. 

• Like 2

NGL, it irks me that WG is posting this to the dev blog and not the official website. This isn’t a preview of future content, it’s detailing a current issue with the live build of the game.

There are going to be quite a few players who don’t get this memo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Sorry... possibly I was to raise alarm over this...

Leo "Apollo11"

Yeah, but your public service announcement was buried deep within the topic of your bug report.
The "Headline" of this topic was created by WG/WOWs to inform players about what's going on (after the bug was discovered).

Stupid question maybe : is it possible to avoid the issue by just deactivating this camo on Nelson ?
Did someone try this at least ?

12 minutes ago, Silence_CN said:

Stupid question maybe : is it possible to avoid the issue by just deactivating this camo on Nelson ?
Did someone try this at least ?

Hiding camos changes their appearance in your client, but IIRC it retains the appearance for other players. It doesn’t actually remove the camo from the match.

There appears to be something about the camo itself that is causing the issue, hence why the devs have effectively removed it from the game until it is fixed.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

A thing of such incomparable beauty that even the code stops working in order to perve on it...

Such is the power of Weeb.

• Haha 5

Hi all,

17 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah, but your public service announcement was buried deep within the topic of your bug report.
The "Headline" of this topic was created by WG/WOWs to inform players about what's going on (after the bug was discovered).

We misunderstood... 🙂

I was possibly to blame for WG removing the cammo with my bug report...

Leo "Apollo11"

20 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

We misunderstood... 🙂

I was possibly to blame for WG removing the cammo with my bug report...

Leo "Apollo11"

I suggest that you do not lose sleep because of it.  🙂 
The bug report was useful and necessary.

how can one camo brake the whole game? tehnically speaking

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

how can one camo brake the whole game? tehnically speaking

Apparently, there's a technical term for it, it's weebery.

Safe travels!

image.jpeg.9b9f853300fef8788b7e695cea0dfc73.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2