How Is Everyone Handling Getting The 150 Thousand Damage For Section Two Independence Event

tm63au

Its a daunting task, I have gotten over the 150 mark before not to often though usually its just been a normal game where you don't have reach such a goal and it happens.

However with this type of target in the back of my mind it always seems to play on me and I generally take quite a few games and get frustrated in the process, also these days I try to avoid random if I can.

Looks like I will have to play a high tier ship just to be safe and those match always seem to turn out to be a curbstomping one way or another.

Just have to how it plays out.

Good luck to those in the same boat   

• Like 2

There is one extra task in each list so if I don't hit 15ok its a small loss. But the chances of me hitting it are awful low as I do not think I have breached it before.

• Like 1

Honestly your most reliable way of getting it is either as an absolute fire hose HE spamming kite cruiser or a battleship getting off a few good citadel hits. It takes a spectacular game where people run wholesale into your torpedoes to hit those sorts of numbers with most destroyers.

Though my suggestion here would to be play mid tiers perhaps? You may have a better shot at it at tiers where people are less likely to instantly get dev struck for their first screw up by all the overmatch up at T10. Thereby letting you have chances at dealing damage to more of the enemy team.

• Like 3

I have been working on the Personal Challenges.  I completed the first challenge for each nation's destroyers and cruisers in Co-op, because 300 BXP is pretty easy to achieve.  It is not as sure a thing in battleships, so when I started down my battleship challenges I did that in Random.  I completed the 150,000 damage task for the Independence Day mission on my 6th game, when I used Bourgogne.

My recommendation is battleships in high tier Random games.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have been working on the Personal Challenges.  I completed the first challenge for each nation's destroyers and cruisers in Co-op, because 300 BXP is pretty easy to achieve.  It is not as sure a thing in battleships, so when I started down my battleship challenges I did that in Random.  I completed the 150,000 damage task for the Independence Day mission on my 6th game, when I used Bourgogne.

My recommendation is battleships in high tier Random games.

And hope for arms race mode - the extra HP to farm can help a lot.

Wisconsin is the answer

shot-24_07.12_23_33.01-0093.thumb.jpg.2ab625cd855f6f4f9c868f0aa8389f75.jpg

1156368858463088670.webp?size=96&quality

• Like 4

I just played one game of Devastation. Lots of useless HE damage, not much useful things to win the game. 

I have elected to ignore it. I now have the Doe brothers* in hand, which is the true major prize of this event, and whatever Independence tokens I happen to obtain henceforth will go on crates.

* Not having to pay 1500 dubs for George is nice. I had John already, so I got a bunch of credits for throwing the clone in the woodchipper.

Pick a damage farming CV, and go pure damage farm...

Like an Immelman and just farm battleships for the battle.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Pick a damage farming CV, and go pure damage farm...

Like an Immelman and just farm battleships for the battle.

I was wondering why CVs were picking on me.

3 hours ago, tm63au said:

Its a daunting task, I have gotten over the 150 mark before not to often though usually its just been a normal game where you don't have reach such a goal and it happens.

However with this type of target in the back of my mind it always seems to play on me and I generally take quite a few games and get frustrated in the process, also these days I try to avoid random if I can.

Looks like I will have to play a high tier ship just to be safe and those match always seem to turn out to be a curbstomping one way or another.

I've not completed it, yet.
It is part of the Independence Day mission tasks and must be accomplished in random or ranked battles.

I've not decided how, but I imagine doing so will involve a bit of luck and careful aim.

• Like 1

I’m just doing my regular thing, not paying attention to it. Don’t need it to unlock the next group, nor to reach the 300-token mark.

My regular rotation of GC, WV44, and Wisconsin will pick it up without special effort.

• Like 2

I already got it at some point. I didn't even realize that was a task, lmao. Braindead easy mission for many T10 BBs and Cruisers. 

8 hours ago, tm63au said:

I dont know what ships you have but high end damage farmers at T10 can usually get the job done. Henri, Hinden, Conqueror, Thunderer, St.Vincent, Haru, Sherman, Lousiana, Golden etc etc

• Like 2

As someone who no longer plays random or ranked, I don't bother with these missions anymore.

• Like 1

I'm not. Not even bothering as it is PVP only.

16 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

take british BB, load HE, job done

I'll give that a try.
So far, my other attempts haven't succeeded.

I got it by playing Hyuuga in ranked yesterday. (Of course it was a loss.)

To me it's the kind of missions you eventually get without trying. You can increase your chances by playing ships you usually do high damage in, but I don't think you should try to force it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viridem said:

I got it by playing Hyuuga in ranked yesterday. (Of course it was a loss.)

To me it's the kind of missions you eventually get without trying. You can increase your chances by playing ships you usually do high damage in, but I don't think you should try to force it.

Exactly, the Trolorado match above pure RB regrind match with some blue boosters, wasnt even going fo it, it just happened

4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'll give that a try.
So far, my other attempts haven't succeeded.

I went to test my advice, first battle with this after a long time, still works, too bad the team are baboons

shot-24_07.14_17_38.39-0619.thumb.jpg.d96e3bffe807a7343a0a965ab4028916.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 8:26 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I have elected to ignore it. I now have the Doe brothers* in hand, which is the true major prize of this event, and whatever Independence tokens I happen to obtain henceforth will go on crates.

I blew my first set of tokens on the crates so from here on in we're going for the Does.

I have mostly become a PVE main, mostly.  So I will wait until week 3 and give myself the chance to knock out 2, maybe all 3 of the PVP missions in a single go.