Which is the better battleship? St. Vincent or Rhode Island?

Frostbow

Which is the better battleship? 

The Rhode Island or the St. Vincent?

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Edited by Frostbow

• Frostbow changed the title to Which is the better battleship? St. Vincent or Rhode Island?

What kind of a choice is this, getting one doesn't bar you from getting the other? 

But it's Vincent. I haven't seen these small caliber HE spammer battleships at TX ever achieve anything. HE spamming is a useless, weak and boring job for cruisers. Battleships are supposed to actually get things done. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

getting one doesn't bar you from getting the other? 

Yes. 

34 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

But it's Vincent. I haven't seen these small caliber HE spammer battleships at TX ever achieve anything. HE spamming is a useless, weak and boring job for cruisers. Battleships are supposed to actually get things done.

Thanks.

Depends what the criteria are.

For solo randoms, most ranked and most competitive, Vincent is the more flexible ship due to the superheal, overmatch, and torpedoes to swing 1v1s.  

For 3-man WR-farming divs in randoms, some ranked metas, and some competitive setups, the Rhode Island is the better ship due to the radar and frontal firepower which allows her to quickly lock down caps and nuke destroyers. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, torino2dc said:

Depends what the criteria are.

For solo randoms, most ranked and most competitive, Vincent is the more flexible ship due to the superheal, overmatch, and torpedoes to swing 1v1s.  

For 3-man WR-farming divs in randoms, some ranked metas, and some competitive setups, the Rhode Island is the better ship due to the radar and frontal firepower which allows her to quickly lock down caps and nuke destroyers. 

Thank you.  

RI's radar is the 9km variety? Or 10km? I saw one time she was used in the most recent KOTS, that match with John Ruthless on Colbert against G4ngbar4ng (I think I misspelled the name) on the other team on a Castilla (I think). The RI's radar helped pin down the DD of John's team and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

For use in various modes overall Rhode Island is definitely better. 

2 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

For use in various modes overall Rhode Island is definitely better. 

I'm trying to understand the why, given I play solo when it comes to PVP. 

I watched PotatoQuality's video about Rhode Island yesterday. He wasn't impressed iirc and I think he said the armor isn't good. 

• Like 1