Event Pass Evaluation, 13.6 vs. 13.5 (free side only)

Utt_Bugglier

Changes to the Event Pass grind are in the offing again this month.

Overview: slower points earnings for anyone aspiring to complete the event, but less points are required. Infrequent and casual players will break about event in grind per points earned. The daily grind to max out got much heavier - diminishing returns for all daily points.

The detailed breakdown:

1. The daily250 BXP level still earns ten points, like before

2. The daily 1500 BXP level now earns only 5 points, down from the previous ten points.

3. The five weekly renewing missions are now five daily renewing missions, but earn only one point per, down from the prior five points. Grind level per reward is also down, now at 2000, was 5000. But this means the grind effort per point for these is doubled, 2000 BXP per point, vs. 1000 in 13.5

4. The three weekend missions are now (assumed to be) replaced by five missions available for the entire week, and renew weekly. Still at ten points per. Grind requirement is only 3000 BXP now. A nice reduction in grind effort on this one.

5. Rewards levels 16-20, are now earned with only 40 grind points per, down from 50 last month. The other levels remain unchanged, including levels 21 and beyond.

So, what does this mean over the daily grind? Well I've made the following spreadsheet to present various levels of grind:

(colored bars indicate the grind needed to "max out" points earnings; 13.5 needing two lines, because you needed to grind 4000 BXP per weekday, but 7000 BXP on the three "weekend days.")

NxvdVBh.jpeg

The proverbial “1500 BXP grinder” so often tossed about in the debate, will earn about 10% less in 13.6 compared to 13.5.

The similarly proverbial "2000 BXP grinder" will break about even.

Heavier grinders will be behind prior levels. This will be largely offset by the reduced grind requirements of levels 16-20.

The big thing to note, is that if you want to "max out" the event pass points every day, you have to grind 10,000 BXP every day to get it all, because the weekly renewing set of five missions from 13.5 has become a daily renewing set of five, at 2000 BXP (and only one point) per.

A diminishing rate of return kicks in above 3000 BXP per day, picking you up only four points for the additional 7000 BXP ground out.

The overall rewards picture:

1. Tech tree T5 DD L’ Adroit available at reward level 10.
2. Only one port slot available this month, down from three last month (potential caveat: the T5 ship above maybe will come with one). 
3. Overall steel earnable is the same, but broken down into four chunks of 300 per. More casual players can get more of the steel at lower event levels.
4. The reward level that gets you the set of More Signals crates now awards only eight per, down from nine in 13.5.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
Revised for clarity
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

50 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

The daily grind to max out

What do you mean by this? To finish all numbered stages? Or to maximize the post-progression phase? 

51 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

less points are required

fewer points. 

As long as I can comfortably reach the tech tree tier 5, I'm ok.

The rest is of less interest to me.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

As long as I can comfortably reach the tech tree tier 5, I'm ok.

The rest is of less interest to me.

👍 Same here.

I'm 'passing' this event pass. Why support a failing product? Wedgie doesn't care about their game products - this has been apparent for years now. Wedgie only cares that players get suckered into spending money - this is all they care about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Wedgie doesn't care about their game products - this has been apparent for years now. Wedgie only cares that players get suckered into spending money - this is all they care about.

Having a 14-year-old son in the house and observing him play various games and complain about matchmaking, overpowered weapons, and all the stuff these games are attempting to sell to players, I have come to the conclusion that this is just SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) in the gaming industry.  Based on his rants, one would swear he is playing WoWs at times - it's basically the same issues and complaints many hear and see in this game.

WG is no different in that aspect. Even if another game along the same lines as World of Warships were released, they would be doing the same thing.  For us, it is a game (we must remember that), and for any gaming company, it is a BUSINESS.  If any of us think someone is going to make a game for a player base "just to have fun" without some sort of player-based economy baked in - well, it is not going to happen.

As far as everyone should be concerned, there are no guns pointed at our heads demanding we play or spend money on the game.  I certainly don't like every release of items released in the game, but I do realize that we have a pretty broad player base when it comes to "personal tastes."  So be it, I can live with that - using a bad pun, "whatever floats your boat."

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Overview: slower points earnings for anyone aspiring to complete the event, but less points are required. Infrequent and casual players will break about event in grind per points earned. The daily grind to max out got much heavier - diminishing returns for all daily points.

The detailed breakdown:

2. The daily 1500 BXP level now earns only 5 points, down from the previous ten points.

3. The five weekly renewing missions are now five daily renewing missions, but earn only one point per, down from the prior five points. Grind level per reward is also down, now at 2000, was 5000. But this means the grind effort per point for these is doubled, 2000 BXP per point, vs. 1000 in 13.5

4. The three weekend missions are now (assumed to be) replaced by five missions available for the entire week, and renew weekly. Still at ten points per. Grind requirement is only 3000 BXP now. A nice reduction in grind effort on this one.

5. Rewards levels 16-20, are now earned with only 40 grind points per, down from 50 last month. The other levels remain unchanged, including levels 21 and beyond.

So, what does this mean over the daily grind? Well I've made the following spreadsheet to present various levels of grind:

(colored bars indicate the grind needed to "max out" points earnings; 13.5 needing two lines, because you needed to grind 4000 BXP per weekday, but 7000 BXP on the three "weekend days.")

NxvdVBh.jpeg

The proverbial “1500 BXP grinder” so often tossed about in the debate, will earn about 10% less in 13.6 compared to 13.5.

Heavier grinders will be behind prior levels. This will be largely offset by the reduced grind requirements of levels 16-20.

The big thing to note, is that if you want to "max out" the event pass points every day, you have to grind 10,000 BXP every day to get it all, because the weekly renewing set of five missions from 13.5 has become a daily renewing set of five, at 2000 BXP (and only one point) per.

A diminishing rate of return kicks in above 3000 BXP per day, picking you up only four points for the additional 7000 BXP ground out.

2. Only one port slot available this month, down from three last month (potential caveat: the T5 ship above maybe will come with one). 
3. Overall steel earnable is the same, but broken down into four chunks of 300 per. More casual players can get more of the steel at lower event levels.
4. The reward level that gets you the set of More Signals crates now awards only eight per, down from nine in 13.5.

Thank you

seemed harder yesterday, I will pull back

Thx !

32 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

and for any gaming company, it is a BUSINESS.  If any of us think someone is going to make a game for a player base "just to have fun" without some sort of player-based economy baked in - well, it is not going to happen.

Kizarvexis on the old forums used to have a signature line that included something like "This game is free to play, not free to develop and host."

Wargaming is not a charity and should not be expected to be a charity. Likewise, it is not an addiction-treatment service; if someone is in that much strife, they need an IRL intervention, not to have every gaming company on the planet bound hand-and-foot with well-meaning but ultimately damaging legislation that only makes it worse for the untroubled majority. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've experienced previous French DD release (or "early access") events.
So, I'm not inclined to give the current French DD event a high priority. 
Also, I'm not a fan of the torpedo warhead potency being dependent upon how far a torpedo has traveled.
Thus, I think I'll decline to spend doubloons on this event's battle-pass.

Win some.  Lose some.  Art Department still carrying the game, though.  🙂 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HogHammer said:

For us, it is a game (we must remember that), and for any gaming company, it is a BUSINESS.

This. Exactly this. 

Me, I clicked 'Play', not 'Pay', to have fun.

22 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

It has truly changed from meh to worse. I can empathize with those who initially wanted to get the rewards from the paid track, but are held back because of the increasingly greedy treatment WG is doing to its Event Pass. 

1 hour ago, ZaCLoNe said:

Humorous if you want to laugh with the erosion of reward values and such:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/s/XbErwqqTqI

THANK YOU WARGAMING YOU ARE SO GENEROUS! 🤣🤣🤣

With 50 successful personal challenges over the next two weeks we can get a whopping 500,000 credits. 

What will you do with yours?

1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

We have only ourselves to blame for this. We allowed it to happen by spending money on these types of things. If they were not making money with micro-transactions, they would not keep making more of them. What is worse is that WG is testing the waters on how little they can give us for our money before we say enough. I guess most players have not reached that point yet. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

What do you mean by this?

Max: short for maximum...aka the most possible/available.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

we are missing a small good thing, they are giving away tier 5 and tier 6 ships in battle passes for 2500 doublons, which in the long run its good to avoid them in santa crates.(whoever doesnt already have them all)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

we are missing a small good thing, they are giving away tier 5 and tier 6 ships in battle passes for 2500 doublons, which in the long run its good to avoid them in santa crates.(whoever doesnt already have them all)

Yes, for people who don't yet have fleets filled with French ships, this is an opportunity to welcome some to their ports, for reasonable efforts or prices.
I'm confident that players can decide for themselves what is their own best course of action.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Tier 5 Siroco is the only premium ship being offered, and it is on the pay side of the Battle Pass.  The other two ships in the event, Tier 5 L'Adroit and Tier 7 Le Hardi are early access tech tree ships.

38 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Tier 5 Siroco is the only premium ship being offered, and it is on the pay side of the Battle Pass.  The other two ships in the event, Tier 5 L'Adroit and Tier 7 Le Hardi are early access tech tree ships.

I was also talking about other battle passes that were before this one

Hi all,

On 7/10/2024 at 8:31 PM, Utt_Bugglier said:

The detailed breakdown:

NxvdVBh.jpeg

Nice analysis - thanks!

And, BTW, it is 7+ months now since WG removed the "Research Bureau" points from the "Battle Pass"... they lied when they solemnly promised that "nobody will get less than before"... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

15 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

One should keep in mind the Siroco is already in the ports of a lot of veteran players, as she was available through grinding in the original French DD event years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

One should keep in mind the Siroco is already in the ports of a lot of veteran players, as she was available through grinding in the original French DD event years ago.

And Siroco has also been offered as one of the minor prizes of the Trade-in event not long ago.

On 7/11/2024 at 2:31 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've experienced previous French DD release (or "early access") events.
So, I'm not inclined to give the current French DD event a high priority. 
Also, I'm not a fan of the torpedo warhead potency being dependent upon how far a torpedo has traveled.

Win some.  Lose some.  Art Department still carrying the game, though.  🙂 

I think the pass is despite all nerfs still a better buy than f.e. lootboxes. Much for me is the evaluation on how much a T8 DD is worth to start with. I wait until late at stage 18 or so before I decide. I am in the later part of my career so money is not the issue here compared with players which are less fortunate. 2500 is bought with 50% discount so not that much.

Even though I am a huge Star Trek fan was even member of WCT _ West Coast Trekkers which did thematic shows with f.e. Spy episodes from the various Seasons of all the variants - I am not that hyped to spend for just captains - but I will think about it a little later in this update for a definitive decision.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2024 at 2:31 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Too many words in your sentence 🙂

I just wonder If I decide to get the Duchaffaut... Though giving money to WG is not what I intent to do. Definitely not...