Is the Star Trek Port Permanent?

Scrubby_McScrub

4 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Even if they had to get rid of the Bridge, I really, REALLY wish they could keep Vulcan.  The music together with the landscape, lighting, and wind make it one of the best ports I've experienced in the game.  The modeling department knocked it out of the park on that part of it.

I was mildly surprised when I read that this port was only temporary because it’s obvious a lot of work went into it. I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t a part of the reason the collaboration was delayed.

I suspect that there are some on the team that are big fans, because this has all the marks of a passion project.

• Like 1

I decided to gamble 2 containers.

image.thumb.png.8b5baa2515af2c874f92795f407bd7ea.png

This is pretty much exactly what I wanted 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/10/2024 at 2:21 PM, Nevermore135 said:

Don’t be silly. Money has been phased out in the 24th century.

Well, technically it's "not the primary driving force for humanity". Money/currency still exists, it's just not the primary driving force for doing things/progress.

On 7/10/2024 at 9:57 PM, clammboy said:

Wow what a bunch complaining old farts no matter what they do bitch bitch bitch. This place is getting so boring nobody is every happy. I miss the old forums at least there were a few happy people.

I don't recalling bitching though....then again, I'm not an old fart, so....

ButYouDidntDoAnythingSml.JPG.bda83da114bdcf6dd05df97f31ce9ebc.JPG

I guess I'm one of the few "happy people" still here!

(Still the unofficial official DevStrike mascot at that)

Edited by Sailor_Moon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

I don't recalling bitching though....then again, I'm not an old fart, so....

ButYouDidntDoAnythingSml.JPG.bda83da114bdcf6dd05df97f31ce9ebc.JPG

I guess I'm one of the few "happy people" still here!

(Still the unofficial official DevStrike mascot at that)

🙂👍

• Like 1

Not much of a TNG fan myself.. I prefer DS9 out of all the trek series..

Now, I hope they keep the port.. But I also know, contracts do expire and everything disappears.

• Dasha
  • Steven segal

But some are still in the game

• Ovechkin

So I recommend in the EU stream, ask if they will keep the star trek them and for how long... I dont think that information is under embargo status.

• Bored 1

3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

So I recommend in the EU stream, ask if they will keep the star trek them and for how long... I dont think that information is under embargo status.

Someone asked in the streem on Thursday and the answer was only until the next patch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

But I also know, contracts do expire and everything disappears.

• Dasha
  • Steven segal

But some are still in the game

• Ovechkin

You are wrong.

The Dasha captains already in people's possession will remain in the game but can no longer be acquired.

The Steven Seagal captain was renamed to John Doe, but people who got him still have him.

The Ovechkin commanders can no longer be obtained, AFAIK, but are still in the game for those who already had them. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The Steven Seagal captain was renamed to John Doe, but people who got him still have him.

This was contractual obligation being expired. That's the reason for the change...

You cant get Seagal nor the Easter egg associated with the captain anymore.

6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This was contractual obligation being expired. That's the reason for the change...

You cant get Seagal nor the Easter egg associated with the captain anymore.

The contract expired, but I suspect that WG chose NOT to renew due to the bad press that Seagal was carrying.

16 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

The contract expired, but I suspect that WG chose NOT to renew due to the bad press that Seagal was carrying.

Speculation IMO, He's rather popular in Russia. That popularity has worth, even to WG.

Whichever was the case... Both parties separated in good standing...

WG: has a very tight budget and art team and poured a year worth of effort into the collab to make a well-finished new port

Also WG: decides to abandon it after a month (as you can see in the collab intro page)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

WG: has a very tight budget and art team and poured a year worth of effort into the collab to make a well-finished new port

Also WG: decides to abandon it after a month (as you can see in the collab intro page)

There is always the possibility of future collaborations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Perhaps "themed port" is also covered by license/copyright agreements? That WG has to ask the collaborating party's permission and pay some more to add the themed port/lobby as a permanent addition, like the Sarushima Base from the HSF francaise and Azur Lane dormitory.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Still waiting for them to bring back all the unique april fools modes they had: toy boat battles in the bathtub, torpedobeats, space battles and the rubber duckies

• Like 2