Is the Star Trek Port Permanent?

Scrubby_McScrub

Wow what a bunch complaining old farts no matter what they do bitch bitch bitch. This place is getting so boring nobody is every happy. I miss the old forums at least there were a few happy people.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

11 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

It would a shame if it

did. (all these collaborations are 'garbage' as in this is all Wedgie is now capable of - selling 'garbage' to the unwitting).

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

This place is getting so boring

I find just a few posters 'boring' (sometimes) since this is the worst icon we are allowed to use here (can't name shame*)

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

I miss the old forums

If you miss the old forums, there is Wedgie discord where you can find plenty of like minded Wedgie sycophants 😁

* pointing in your general direction 

My wife liked the port, apparently I'm gonna have to go back and open a crate. 

Even if it's cool I don't think I'll ever swith out of Kure. I just like the music and atmosphere in it. 

5 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

The Captains
As it's TNG oriented, I can understand having Picard. For the Klingon I can get behind Gowron as other then Worf, he has the most appearances in the show. But Sela and Spock only appeared in 2 episodes out of 178. Then again, they are the only Romulan and Vulcan's of note in the entire series, though they could have used Tomalak who appeared in 4 episodes. (OK I'm rambling. I need another beer.)

Why Vulcans anyway, shoulda been Cardassians and Gul Dukat. I can just imagine all the funny things he could quickmessage. 

Or Ferengi and Daimon Bok 🙂

2 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Even if it's cool I don't think I'll ever swith out of Kure. I just like the music and atmosphere in it. 

Why Vulcans anyway, shoulda been Cardassians and Gul Dukat. I can just imagine all the funny things he could quickmessage. 

I'd definitely splash for a Gul Dukat commander.  They definitely missed out on a quick call:  "Are you insane?"  Wonder if you'll catch that one.  hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Volron said:

I'd definitely splash for a Gul Dukat commander.  They definitely missed out on a quick call:  "Are you insane?"  Wonder if you'll catch that one.  hahaha

That's when Weyoun drinks the poisoned kunar, right? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I find just a few posters 'boring' (sometimes) since this is the worst icon we are allowed to use here (can't name shame*)

If you miss the old forums, there is Wedgie discord where you can find plenty of like minded Wedgie sycophants 😁

* pointing in your general direction 

lol I have been called a lot of things in my life but a wedgie sycophants is a first and the old forums and discord have nothing in common. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

I love that scene so much.  hahahaha  The look on both their faces, especially Dukat's "wha...".  Priceless!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, clammboy said:

Wow what a bunch complaining old farts no matter what they do bitch bitch bitch. This place is getting so boring nobody is every happy. I miss the old forums at least there were a few happy people.

Welcome to how the real world views the game. This isn't Discord where 'negative hype' is illegal.

I like the Star Trek port. It's kinda refreshing, and I like that the art department is making... art. At some point I'll switch back to my default, which is Ocean, but I like a squeeze of lemon in my tea.

39 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

This isn't Discord where 'negative hype' is illegal.

I don't frequent the WoWs Discord too much, but I will say there is much more "negative hype" going on there than in the old forums and much worse than anything posted here.  I have come across comments there that certainly would not fly here, and I wonder if there is any moderation at all.

34 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I like the Star Trek port. It's kinda refreshing, and I like that the art department is making... art. At some point I'll switch back to my default, which is Ocean, but I like a squeeze of lemon in my tea.

Tea; Earl Grey; Hot - with a squeeze of lemon. Fancy.

I am happy to see Star Trek in the game, I think they did a good job.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

That's because this is a TNG-specific collaboration and not a DS9 one.

4 hours ago, Volron said:

See above.

39 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I don't frequent the WoWs Discord too much, but I will say there is much more "negative hype" going on there than in the old forums and much worse than anything posted here.  I have come across comments there that certainly would not fly here, and I wonder if there is any moderation at all.

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.3fe837ac4ff8dfbdcd1a13d162da226f.jpg

41 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

It would appear things have changed since I last went there then.

😢

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

They did a really great job on the themed port, especially when you open containers. You think its going to stay in the game? It would a shame if it didn't.

The news article about the Star Trek event just dropped and confirms that the PORT will be removed from the game next patch.  😞 

"The STAR TREK Port will be removed with the release of Update 13.7."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/star-trek-in-world-of-warships/

That's all folks!

Edited by Arcus_Aesopi
added link and removal line
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

The news article about the Star Trek event just dropped and confirms that the PORT will be removed from the game next patch.  😞 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/star-trek-in-world-of-warships/

That's all folks!

Sad, but not unexpected.  What surprises me is they are only keeping it for a single patch cycle.  This is a pretty major collab, and I expected it to last longer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

That's all folks!

A temporary, event-only, Port screen.  
As @Jakob Knight said, "not unexpected".

• Sad 1

I love the port and the commanders. The ships not so much. 

14 hours ago, clammboy said:

Hey, I'm still happy! 

Just posting a lot less since the mod team here is waaaaay ahead of me most of the time, and moving last year has lots of "little stuff" that needs doing leaving less time to hand on the forums. 

On the topic of Start Trek collab, I wish that you could get the Gniesneau (Vulcan) camo without buying the super bundle or playing crate bingo. It's one of my favorite ships, and IMO the best "Trek camo" they produced, since it actually LOOKS like a Vulcan cruiser.

12 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

My wife liked the port, apparently I'm gonna have to go back and open a crate. 

Huh - hadn't thought of doing that. Guess I'll have to switch from Sarutsuma base for some crate opening 🙂

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

On the topic of Start Trek collab, I wish that you could get the Gniesneau (Vulcan) camo without buying the super bundle or playing crate bingo. It's one of my favorite ships, and IMO the best "Trek camo" they produced, since it actually LOOKS like a Vulcan cruiser.

After seeing the lack of a “Vulcan” bundle (commander + camo) in the Armory yesterday I was expecting there to be some sort of in-game way to obtain the camo revealed in the news article (news articles now drop a day late on NA, aligning with content releases in other regions).

It’s frustrating that WG continues to lock some content behind large, expensive bundles.

16 hours ago, clammboy said:

It's surprising to me how much time (and often money) people spend on a game that just makes them unhappy and cranky.  I've seen it on most of the games I've played.  Maybe that's part of why some games are not maintaining a forum anymore.

If I'm not enjoying a game, I just move on to another.  Although I'll admit, habit and sunk cost fallacy can delay that move somewhat at times.

10 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Star Trek GIFs — ... ... Weyoun + Damar Part 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even if they had to get rid of the Bridge, I really, REALLY wish they could keep Vulcan.  The music together with the landscape, lighting, and wind make it one of the best ports I've experienced in the game.  The modeling department knocked it out of the park on that part of it.