Is the Star Trek Port Permanent?

Scrubby_McScrub

They did a really great job on the themed port, especially when you open containers. You think its going to stay in the game? It would a shame if it didn't.

• Like 5

I doubt they'll remove it once added... unless money... but I don't think they'll do well getting real dollars for ports.

Who knows... It's WG 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

I doubt they'll remove it once added... unless money... but I don't think they'll do well getting real dollars for ports.

Who knows... It's WG 🙂 

There might be some licensing issues, so it is possible that WG CAN'T use it after the collab period.

• Like 3

The Azur Lane port in the game is permanent, only requiring players to unlock it during one of the collabs. I wouldn’t be surprised if this port works the same way, as liscensing issues typically only arise when distributing content, not retaining it. The vast majority of this type of content remains in the game afterwards (WG just lost the rights to distribute Dasha’s likeness, for example, but the commanders themselves weren’t removed from the game).

Maybe we’ll know for sure when the news article drops tomorrow, the day after the content goes live on NA. 🙄

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

They did a really great job on the themed port, especially when you open containers. You think its going to stay in the game? It would a shame if it didn't.

I sure HOPE it's permanent, it is arguably one of the best "ports" in the game imo. Absolutely beautiful. And the crates materialize!!! Crazy cool.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

I sure HOPE it's permanent, it is arguably one of the best "ports" in the game imo. Absolutely beautiful. And the crates materialize!!! Crazy cool.

COOL!  I have to go back now and see the crates 🙂 

• Like 1

Yes, it will be permanent.  However, there will be a daily surcharge of 100,000 silver to park there.  If you run out of silver you will be deducted doubloons from your account should you have them.  Once your silver and doubloons are gone, you will be kicked out and placed in the new 'Pergatory' port, where it will cost you 5,000 doubloons to get out.  

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Yes, it will be permanent.  However, there will be a daily surcharge of 100,000 silver to park there.  If you run out of silver you will be deducted doubloons from your account should you have them.  Once your silver and doubloons are gone, you will be kicked out and placed in the new 'Pergatory' port, where it will cost you 5,000 doubloons to get out.  

Don’t be silly. Money has been phased out in the 24th century.

• Like 2

Make sure you click around the bridge, the viewscreen beams you down to the planet. Click on one of the shuttles to get back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I hate it....I absolutely hate it.....

I am a lifelong Star Trek fan and this port just bothers the F out of me.

on a side note, the Planet is Vulcan.

The Vulcan 'Temple' from ST2 can be seen in the distance.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I hate it....I absolutely hate it.....

I am a lifelong Star Trek fan and this port just bothers the F out of me.

on a side note, the Planet is Vulcan.

The Vulcan 'Temple' from ST2 can be seen in the distance.

I dont like it either. I know it is Vulcan, and it looks like the port, but i feel WG should have added the San Francisco Starfleet HQ as a port instead of this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

I dont like it either. I know it is Vulcan, and it looks like the port, but i feel WG should have added the San Francisco Starfleet HQ as a port instead of this.

I agree.

Either San Francisco with Starfleet command, or possibly Space Dock.

And for easter eggs you could have the Bird of Prey flying past the Golden Gate bridge before crashing into the bay and releasing humpback whales, or in Space Dock, have ships entering and leaving...maybe even the Enterprise itself go by.

I just heard the voice overs.

I wish I hadn't. I mean.....I get Nimoy is no longer with us, but the other three are! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I agree.

Either San Francisco with Starfleet command, or possibly Space Dock.

And for easter eggs you could have the Bird of Prey flying past the Golden Gate bridge before crashing into the bay and releasing humpback whales, or in Space Dock, have ships entering and leaving...maybe even the Enterprise itself go by.

I just heard the voice overs.

I wish I hadn't. I mean.....I get Nimoy is no longer with us, but the other three are! 

IMO this could have been an excellent space themed port :

star-trek-picard-the-ships-of-the-fleet-museum-v0-nlWUGg1rCAFhJ1Or5uTMwIc4aDo9O_wLTCJPeUgeQG0.thumb.webp.7dc93b8e53e39882e2f64ffa1aa4a324.webp

The Fleet Museum from " Picard ", with legendary ships from the history of the Federation.

The only problem I see with it is the music has to be licensed from Paramount/CBS even if the rest is left 'as is'.  That can be a sticking point in it remaining, and WG has removed ports in the past once a collab has ended.

Still can't believe they didn't offer Enterprise as part of this.  But then, I guess it follows what we expected...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Don’t be silly. Money has been phased out in the 24th century.

Energy Credits, Gold Pressed Latinum, Dilithium crystals (both un-refined and refined), Lobi Crystals, and etc. & etc.
https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Currency

If a Ferengi can figure out a way to make a profit, they can figure out some way of using or creating currency in various forms.
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Money

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

ok.....

I have had a beer or two, and now am going to attempt to rationalize why I hate this.

First off the port.

OK, as the collab is geared towards the TNG era, I can understand the attempt at the Enterprise-D bridge. But I cringe in looking at it. Something feels proportionally wrong with it. Maybe I played too much bridge crew in VR, but something is just off with it and it bothers me to the point I changed ports.

The Captains
As it's TNG oriented, I can understand having Picard. For the Klingon I can get behind Gowron as other then Worf, he has the most appearances in the show. But Sela and Spock only appeared in 2 episodes out of 178. Then again, they are the only Romulan and Vulcan's of note in the entire series, though they could have used Tomalak who appeared in 4 episodes. (OK I'm rambling. I need another beer.)

The Camos

I have no issue with the Klingon or Romulan camos.

29 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Still can't believe they didn't offer Enterprise as part of this.  But then, I guess it follows what we expected...

This. Why put out a camo only a few could use? Not everyone has Enterprise (or likes and plays CVs). It could have been made for a BB, or even a Heavy Cruiser. Instead a ship type most people don't play, have, and currently cannot buy. This was a missed opportunity.

A Rule of Acquisition a day keeps the Liquidators at bay! : r/startrekmemes

I'd also add, we never saw Vulcan ships in TNG. The first time we see one is in the First Contact movie, and later in the Enterprise series. I'd also add unless you pay the $100 for the bundle you can't get it. Alternatively, if you can get lucky and find it in a container. ($3 for 1, 10 for $27).

The Captains Voices:

Painful.
In the armory, you can click on the captains and then click to hear a random voice comment.
The one I heard the most from Sela sums up this collab for me

'No no no no'

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Energy Credits, Gold Pressed Latinum, Dilithium crystals (both un-refined and refined), Lobi Crystals, and etc. & etc.

If a Ferengi can figure out a way to make a profit, they can figure out some way of using or creating currency in various forms.

you forgot about quatloos (Gamesters of Triskelion.) 

Unaffiliateplanets/solar systems will have their own economies and monetary systems.

Edited by HamptonRoads

28 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:
51 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

you forgot about quatloos (Gamesters of Triskelion.) 

Unaffiliateplanets/solar systems will have their own economies and monetary systems.

Edited 17 minutes ago by HamptonRoads

You see those links??? ^^^^^
They lead to more information which includes all the currencies used.  
Or are you an old and blind grishnar cat?  😉 

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Grishnar_cat

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

The only problem I see with it is the music has to be licensed from Paramount/CBS even if the rest is left 'as is'.  That can be a sticking point in it remaining, and WG has removed ports in the past once a collab has ended.

in before enterprise auction couple days before offer ends.

I wanted to wait until my game update was done and I could access my Port screen.
The Star Trek Port is (as has been mentioned) the bridge of the TNG version of Enterprise.
The scenery on the viewscreen is fine, as far as I am concerned.  
But, the use of the bridge as a port?
Well, I have to admit it seems a bit incongruous.

In some ways it is like the Azur Lane Dorm.  We have a room, with a place for a ship to be viewed (essentially as a model, on display).
The decor theme is Star Trek instead of Azur Lane.
When I think of it that way, I can be a bit more charitable.

But, what I also did was switch my Port screen back to the Hawaii view.
Moving along.

The Armory offers Star Trek themed containers and bundles of ships & commanders & camouflages. 
Actually, just commanders and camouflages, in various combinations, wth a few minor trinkets tossed-in here & there.
There's no premium ship(s) available.
So, welcoming one or more of these commanders would mean they'd be in reserve, or I'd have to re-assign a commander to make room for one on a ship that I already have.
Hmm.

Unlike Star Kitakaze which is consdidered a separate ship, a Star Trek camouflage and/or commander requires an existing ship in my port, or for me to acquire a compatible ship for the commander and/or the specific ship which is compatible with the camouflage.

Okay.
It is what it is.

I like the concept of collaboration event with Star Trek. 
The WG/WOWs "Art Department" is carrying the game, again.
But, the available product details leave me a bit underwhelmed.
The voices of the commanders are too low in volume, in my opinion.  To be fair, other collaboration commanders have this problem, too.  But, for my money, I want to be able to hear their voices without cranking-up my sound volume (compared with the default tech-tree commanders voices in-game).

I don't know what took place during the collaboration negotiations. This feels like an opportunity that was squandered, though.
I would have paid money to welcome the CV Enterprise to my Port.

I'll think about the products that are being offered.  Not sure what I'll decide.

The Bridge does seem out of place, but the Ready or Briefing Room wouldn't have much more to show.  I guess with the Briefing Room you could have something out the windows, but what of crew?  As far as I am aware, outside from the rooms name sake, there are only the maintenance crew going in there every once in a blue moon for checks that require human intervention.  The thing that stood out to me the most out of all this?  "Terran".  Not "Federation", but "Terran".  That's what throws me off the most.

Edited by Volron

Oh nertz, I forgot about Engineering.  That could've worked out better than the bridge, what with seeing the warp core doing warp core things.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Volron said:

The Bridge does seem out of place, but the Ready or Briefing Room wouldn't have much more to show.  I guess with the Briefing Room you could have something out the windows, but what of crew?  As far as I am aware, outside from the rooms name sake, there are only the maintenance crew going in there every once in a blue moon for checks that require human intervention.  The thing that stood out to me the most out of all this?  "Terran".  Not "Federation", but "Terran".  That's what throws me off the most.

Well, I play Star Trek Online.
The variety of starbases and places to dock a ship and walk around as a player-character is much greater there.
Star Trek Online has plenty of ways to vary one's experience.

Not gonna lie.

Have never bought anything from ANY collab.

But I am getting the commanders just for LOLs.

Was forced to let so many weird ones that I couldn't sell off in the past into my inventory, but I will get and keep these.

Hell, I even play Cap when I want to have a couple of drinks and turn him up and 🤣 all over the place.

LOVING the crate animation!!

• Like 2