Brief Analysis of the French DD event.

Ensign Cthulhu

It is possible to get 1000 French Tokens from the Personal Challenges, just by playing the game (assuming you have a broad enough fleet and can climb enough rungs).

The bundle progression is as follows:

FLAGS AND BONUSES, 10 tokens, progressive total 10

PERMASKIN (not ship specific), 50 tokens, total 60

FLAG, 100 tokens, total 160

Historic 10 point commander, 150 tokens, total 310

Tier 6 DD (and 3pt captain), 200 tokens, total 510.

THIS IS AS FAR AS YOU CAN GET FOR FREE.

The T8 DD is an extra 550 tokens, just 60 beyond the 490 you will have left.

If you are willing to buy out the battle pass for 2500 doubloons, extra phases at the end are worth 25 tokens each. Three of these are enough to get you to the T8 ship if you have all the rewards from the personal challenges.

In addition, the paid track has the T5 premium Siroco (110 tokens if you already have her), her French Navy camo (60 tokens if you already have it), and Mogador's French Navy camo (150 tokens if you already have it), a Tier 7 permanent economic bonus (costs 1900 doubloons if you buy it separately), and the T7 early-access DD.

If you do not already have the Siroco, the battle pass is a value-added proposition. Otherwise you must decide whether taking the loss on doubloon value is potentially worth going up as high as Tier 8 in early access, remembering that the early-bird ships are fully researched, and leaving you only with the ~170,000 XP* run to the T9 if you want it at once when the line releases. 

Assuming you did that, and that you scored the T8 L'Aventurier on the last day of the current patch, that would leave you until the close of play on September 3 to grind out the XP for the T9. This is 55 days away, implying two 28 day patches. Therefore about 6100 XP per day. (These dates are both shifted by 1 for the Euro server, so the time available works out the same.)

* French T9 DD Mogador's exact unlock cost is 166,000. The 170K figure is taken as a broad guess with a margin for safety, since parallel lines do not always have the same XP costs either overall or for each tier.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
Clarification
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Looks interesting... I might be tempted to go for the paid track. Tho I'm kinda out of touch with the new BP progression system, are you required to complete daily logins or you can scratch it by having 3-4 sessions a week?

7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Looks interesting... I might be tempted to go for the paid track. Tho I'm kinda out of touch with the new BP progression system, are you required to complete daily logins or you can scratch it by having 3-4 sessions a week?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/early-access-to-french-destroyers/#daily-and-weekly-missions

This time around the large weekend (Thurs-Sat) mission has been replaced by additional daily missions. You can still collect the majority of the daily points by earning 1500 BXP, though.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Most of the points usually come from the two main daily stages. This patch it’s 250 and 1500 base xp for a total of 15 points each day. And then there are weekly stages that give the next highest per week. This patch the weekend mission has been replaced with an extra daily mission though.

You don’t need to do all of the daily stages but you’ll still probably need to do them (plus the weekly ones) at least a handful of days each week. Doing the daily stages each day just makes it easier to complete the pass without needing longer grind sessions on fewer days. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Thanks 1

WG typically throws in some extra missions for extra tokens.

lmao

image.png.bd1fafaeeef41729761aa06f990aba88.png

Edited by Unlooky
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

either overall or for each tier.

neither overall nor for each tier.

I never pay for these early access ships, what with 2080289 million blue XP boosters sitting in the inventory.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

neither overall nor for each tier.

NO. Not in a conditional. My way is correct.

• Like 1