Gouden Leeuw is actually cancer

Itwastuesday

2 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

I'm at the Haarlem currently, and it became much easier against bots since it has 2 airstrike. What i found working is to use one, then place the second one between the first and the bot. Usually they run straight into the second one when they try to slow down to aviod the first ( best works against BB-s ).

Thank you. Will give it a shot!

How is GL any different then cv's when it comes to stopping camping? 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

How is GL any different then cv's when it comes to stopping camping? 

Its 100 % different to CVs in the way that if you camp, lets say behind an island even a blind man in GL can devastate you, so unlike a CV, the more you move and manouver the harder it is for the GL to land perfect strikes.

And I must say, to those who thinks its stupid easy to land strike, well on a parked Yamato ... yes! But in a game just 5 min ago I totally missed a manouvering Vermont, which is called "The brick", and I do consider myself to be a bit above average in GL, but even I can miss a Vermont if he actually uses rudded/Speed. Its those "Im a BB so I can bow tank everything" players that get punished the most.

Also a GL can only strike targets within 13 km, which means when I sit at an islands beside a cap I can mostly strike radarcruisers and Yolo:ing BBs (suiciders), I can't touch a backline sniping BB (Camper), I cant even reach him with my puny 16 km guns. 

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

8 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Screw you for playing DM near caps like a good player? 

Awwwwwwwwww!

6 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Their only option is countered.

And “Awwwwwwwww 2!”

You guys are Awwwwwwwwww-some.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Also a GL can only strike targets within 13 km, which means when I sit at an islands beside a cap I can mostly strike radarcruisers and Yolo:ing BBs (suiciders), I can't touch a backline sniping BB (Camper), I cant even reach him with my puny 16 km guns. 

To be fair, this is one on the factors that keeps the UU in check: GL really wants the extra ~2.5km of range from GFCSM2 in slot 6. In fact, I’m pretty sure the ship was originally balanced with the latter upgrade in mind.

Edited by Nevermore135

1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

To be fair, this is one on the factors that keeps the UU in check: GL really wants the extra ~2.5km of range from GFCSM2 in slot 6. In fact, I’m pretty sure the ship was originally balanced with this upgrade in mind.

That might be correct, but I gotta say, those huge number long seconds it takes for a strike to land at 13 km I dont think it would have mattered much if I had 17 km range on the strikes because then I would need to predict his exact movement 25 sec later. I cant remember the exact number on 13 km right now (14-15 sec?), but I can tell you .... in many cases its quite hard to do perfect predictions even on BBs, especially with that weird space station camera angle you get while aiming (like spotter plane but weird...). 

Try and land a strike on a UU Des Moines that accelerate 1-100 in 3 sec....

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

That might be correct, but I gotta say, those huge number long seconds it takes for a strike to land at 13 km I dont think it would have mattered much if I had 17 km range on the strikes because then I would need to predict his exact movement 25 sec later. I cant remember the exact number on 13 km right now (14-15 sec?), but I can tell you .... in many cases its quite hard to do perfect predictions even on BBs, especially with that weird space station camera angle you get while aiming (like spotter plane but weird...). 

Try and land a strike on a UU Des Moines that accelerate 1-100 in 3 sec....

?

I’m referring to her main battery range. GL’s guns have both the ballistics and penetration to be effective at 19km. 15s base reload is also very good for such large guns (283mm), hence my assertion that WG intended for the slot 6 range upgrade to be the “optimal” choice when the ship was first released. The fact that the UU replaces it in slot 6 is a major balancing factor, because, as you note, the airstrikes are still a somewhat situational weapon and 16.5km base gun range with no spotter plane is very limiting for an 11”-armed cruiser.

Edited by Nevermore135

7 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

the airstrikes are still a somewhat situational weapon 

I have never seen a GL where the airstrikes are a situational weapon.   They control the map.

2 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

I have never seen a GL where the airstrikes are a situational weapon.   They control the map.

Per my post:

9 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

The fact that the UU replaces it in slot 6 is a major balancing factor, because, as you note, the airstrikes are still a somewhat situational weapon

I’m referencing this extremely accurate and relevant observation:

9 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

cant remember the exact number on 13 km right now (14-15 sec?), but I can tell you .... in many cases its quite hard to do perfect predictions even on BBs, especially with that weird space station camera angle you get while aiming (like spotter plane but weird...). 

As much as as people love to complain about these cruisers having planes, they aren’t the uncounterable nuke so many hype them up to be.

They only “control the map,” if one insists on parking next to a rock and not adapting to their presence.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

As much as as people love to complain about these cruisers having planes, they aren’t the uncounterable nuke so many hype them up to be.

They only “control the map,” if one insists on parking next to a rock and not adapting to their presence.

There are many games in GL where, especially in this campy T10 Meta I cant really do Jack crap with the airstrikes because all enemy team is either parked in the back lines, way too far for my 13 km, even too far for my 16 km guns, and all that is left is DDs that pop in and out of detection and subs, both quite hard for me to hit with 13-14 sec delay strikes.

So then my only options are to Yolo in, in open water, and then im usually dead to crossfires or subs, which I have no counters to.

So GL is pretty much a cap zone harasser and most of my victims should have been able to read the minimap and the info during the game so they won't just park within my strike zone.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube