ARPEGGIO OF BLUE STEEL -ARS NOVA-" is making its return to World of Warships in Update 13.6!

Wolfswetpaws

"ARPEGGIO OF BLUE STEEL -ARS NOVA-" is making its return to World of Warships in Update 13.6! The Blue Steel ships and Commanders that you are already familiar with will once again gather to face off against the Fleet of Fog. New Commander Hyūga with an individual voiceover, a new variation of already existing standard permanent camouflage for X ARP YAMATO, commemorative flags for X YAMATO and VII HYŪGA, and Ars Nova containers are being added to the game."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-136-new-french-destroyers/

• Like 2

sorry wolfie  but im kind of getting fed up with repeated colabs 

5 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

sorry wolfie  but im kind of getting fed up with repeated colabs 

I'm only fed-up with not having an ARP I-401.  🙂 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.  So, the Arpeggio of Blue Steel collaboration "went live", today, July 17th., 2024.
I've been looking over the available combinations of ships and commanders.
Because I've participated in previous collaborations, I have all of the items being offered, except for one.

Commander ARP Hyuga.

But ...  She is only available via a couple of "bundles", namely the "ARP Yamato Admiral Pack" or the "ARP Trio:  Haguro, Ashigara, Kirishima" bundle.

Cost of the ARP Yamato Admiral Pack "bundle" is 52,695 doubloons (which includes using a 10% discount coupon) or 58,550 doubloons at full price.
If a player already has the ship ARP Yamato in their port, they'll be compensated with 31,185 doubloons.

Cost of "ARP Trio:  Haguro, Ashigara, Kirishima" bundle is 23,175 doubloons (with a 25% coupon) or 30,900 doubloons at full price.
Compensation for already having the ships is (ARP Ashigara = 6,375 doubloons, ARP Haguro = 6,375 doubloons, and the ARP Kirishima = 3,750 doubloons)

If I want Commander ARP Hyuga that much, then I would also be welcoming "twins" of Commanders ARP Gunzo Chihaya, ARP Iona, ARP Yamato, or "twins" of ARP Haguro and ARP Ashigara and a quadruplet of Commander ARP Kirishima.

I'll give this some consideration.

Meanwhile, for players who haven't been able to purchase Arpeggio of Blue Steel collaboration items before now, this is a good opportunity.
There's a nice variety of individual ship & commander combinations available, as well as some bigger "bundles".

The "bargain" of the offerings seems to be the combination of Commander ARP Hiei and her battleship, on sale at a 50% discount for the next 6 days.
Discounted cost = $10.60 (U.S. Dollars)
That's a premium ship with eye-catching artwork and a 3-point Commander with a pleasant sounding voice (to my ears, at least) and 200% mission bonus for 30 days and a combat mission which rewards a player with a flag upon completion.

I wonder if @Sailor_Moon's piggy-bank has been fed enough coins in preparation for this collaboration event?  🙂 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Okay.  So, the Arpeggio of Blue Steel collaboration "went live", today, July 17th., 2024.
I've been looking over the available combinations of ships and commanders.
Because I've participated in previous collaborations, I have all of the items being offered, except for one.

Commander ARP Hyuga.

But ...  She is only available via a couple of "bundles", namely the "ARP Yamato Admiral Pack" or the "ARP Trio:  Haguro, Ashigara, Kirishima" bundle.

I'm in the same boat. I already have several dup captains from this collab. Not overly interested in more.

So this collab (like the star trek one) is a pass.

27 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I wonder if @Sailor_Moon's piggy-bank has been fed enough coins in preparation for this collaboration event?  🙂 

image.png.8f5f47759ab12bd98198c743fa406474.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

As a relative veteran of the game (joined 2017), there's nothing this return event can offer me. ARP Yamato is still too expen$ive for what she is IMHO, especially since I have a free permacamo from the HSF collab on my tech-tree Yamato, that got upgraded to full T10 bonuses with the economic changes (it used to give only 50% ship XP, not 100%) and a 21 point commander in the ship. Oh, and Musashi (bought outright for FXP just before she went away). I got one Myoko and all four Kongos for free in the 2020 return event, and the Ashigara from trying my luck with a few premium containers a collab or two ago. I don't need any more.

Hyuga's cute AF, but not worth what it would cost to get her.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

"...  Hyuga's cute AF,  ..."

Yes, she is.  🙂 

19 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yes, she is.  🙂 

Just leaving this here without comment: image.png.f8d97c87fcb9b8100567fc2133d66f0a.png   image.png.5761ef499fb0f562aa1712d2eb594f24.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Just leaving this here without comment: image.png.f8d97c87fcb9b8100567fc2133d66f0a.png   image.png.5761ef499fb0f562aa1712d2eb594f24.png

giphy.gif 
Both?  Both.  Both.  Both is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

ARP Yamato is still too expen$ive for what she is IMHO, especially since I have a free permacamo from the HSF collab on my tech-tree Yamato, that got upgraded to full T10 bonuses with the economic changes (it used to give only 50% ship XP, not 100%) and a 21 point commander in the ship.

yeah...... I caved in the first time around, even though I had the Tech Tree Yamato with that same HS Fleet camo. Got Yamamoto to 21 serving time between Yamato, Shikishima and Musashi. Grand Battles with the IJN Super BB also helped. Arp Yamato captain is also now 21.

Was it worth it?

In the grand scheme of things not really, other then the snowflake and first win bonuses.

But there are people out there that see it and assume you bought your way to T10 and treat you as such, and assume you're clueless.

So I give them a surprise  🙂

shot-24_07.18_17_04.42-0063.thumb.jpg.745ff6b1145a073e4384a8ac094c11aa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

So I give them a surprise

😈

8 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Two's company, three's an adventure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:
10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Two's company, three's an adventure.

"Adventure Man and the counting quest.  PLAY".
1-Title-01_768.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=889063 

10 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

But there are people out there that see it and assume you bought your way to T10 and treat you as such, and assume you're clueless.

So I give them a surprise  🙂

An excellent idea but... wouldn't really work in my case.

image.jpeg.69b9b306074095d103eed4cb220da606.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

An excellent idea but... wouldn't really work in my case.

image.jpeg.69b9b306074095d103eed4cb220da606.jpeg

After meeting your financial obligations, the remaining "fun money" budget is limited?

31 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

After meeting your financial obligations, the remaining "fun money" budget is limited?

No, not that, something else...

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

No, not that, something else...

Being a Wreck-Diving instructor for classrooms of students from High-School Fleet?  😉 

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2024 at 6:15 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

usagi-tsukino.gif.d41190a1d32fce97e21c4652faa54073.gif

BARELY. 

Frankly, the only reason I was able to spring enough to get the bundle to get Hyuuga (which btw Hyuuga ISN'T EVEN TRAINED FOR VII HYUUGA, I swear this particular event was so darn rushed and slipshod. I love ARP, but come on guys...geezus, get the BASICS right!!) was because I actually had a SIZABLE amount of doubloons (we're talking like 16k+ ok) prior to the event, so I only needed to get a modest amount of doubloons to get the bundle, to get the ships which gave me almost all of my doubloons back, to get Hyuuga. Because Moon forbid WG release the commanders separately. Or for goodness sake, you want us to spend so much WG, then fine, freakin' dump the commanders into the premium boxes at least!! Give players MORE OPTIONS to obtain these things, we shouldn't have to spend upwards of a hudred freakin' bucks just to get ONE new commander. 💀

Also as an aside, I can't believe they didn't even give Hyuuga an ARP camo either. Definitely disappointing. Here's hoping Wargaming can at least fix the "Trained For" blurb on Hyuuga....it's driving me nuts. 😣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

BARELY. 

Frankly, the only reason I was able to spring enough to get the bundle to get Hyuuga (which btw Hyuuga ISN'T EVEN TRAINED FOR VII HYUUGA, I swear this particular event was so darn rushed and slipshod. I love ARP, but come on guys...geezus, get the BASICS right!!) was because I actually had a SIZABLE amount of doubloons (we're talking like 16k+ ok) prior to the event, so I only needed to get a modest amount of doubloons to get the bundle, to get the ships which gave me almost all of my doubloons back, to get Hyuuga. Because Moon forbid WG release the commanders separately. Or for goodness sake, you want us to spend so much WG, then fine, freakin' dump the commanders into the premium boxes at least!! Give players MORE OPTIONS to obtain these things, we shouldn't have to spend upwards of a hudred freakin' bucks just to get ONE new commander. 💀

Also as an aside, I can't believe they didn't even give Hyuuga an ARP camo either. Definitely disappointing. Here's hoping Wargaming can at least fix the "Trained For" blurb on Hyuuga....it's driving me nuts. 😣

Yeah.  Good points.
I chose the less-expensive bundle which included ARP Hyūga.
Wrote about it in the Warships Collectors Club topic.
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/133-warships-collectors-club/?do=findComment&comment=63936

Like yourself, I was wondering why they opted to not provide a camouflage for the ship Hyūga.
But, according to what I remember of the anime' series, Hyūga no longer had a ship of her own.
Instead, she was controlling the secret island base of operations for ARP I-401.  
In the wiki for the anime (book?), she was a flagship before being defeated by Iona/I-401.
So, both the in-game ship Ise and the in-game ship Hyuga could have been candidates for an ARP Hyuga camouflage, in my opinion.
https://aokihagane.fandom.com/wiki/Hyuuga

I remain curious about why the ARP I-401 Submarine was not made available in this collaboration.

Last but not least, it's good to see you.  Even though I understand your duties as Sailor Moon keep you busy, this place isn't the same without you.  🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

BARELY. 

Haha  I mean, we could wish for that but....   Well, they do say if you aim for the moon, you'll land in shite.

What?  This is WeeGee we are talking about.  You're in shite one way or the other....  690355453418537192.webp?size=96&quality=

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Volron said:

Haha  I mean, we could wish for that but....   Well, they do say if you aim for the moon, you'll land in shite.

Or accidentally hit the cow that jumped over the moon?

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Or accidentally hit the cow that jumped over the moon?

Either or, still in shite.  690355469059227709.webp?size=96&quality=

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Volron said:

Either or, still in shite.  690355469059227709.webp?size=96&quality=

Extra *special* if the impact included the backside of the cow?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Like yourself, I was wondering why they opted to not provide a camouflage for the ship Hyūga.
But, according to what I remember of the anime' series, Hyūga no longer had a ship of her own.
Instead, she was controlling the secret island base of operations for ARP I-401.  

I remain curious about why the ARP I-401 Submarine was not made available in this collaboration.

While the Manga is on going (if being printed in the US exceedingly slowly), the last anime of ARP was in 2015, 9 years ago. We don't know what was in the contract, nor when the various Captains or ship camos were originally created. Potentially, they have been sitting on Hyuga since the start.

As for the ship, we only get a brief glimpse of the hull in a flash back, showing a torp hit that broke her in two before sinking.

In regards to the model, most of the ARP ships already have an existing game ship that could be 'adjusted' via a camo. The Hyuga is alot more recent then the original collab, as are submarines. Potentially, they may not be covered under the original contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

While the Manga is on going (if being printed in the US exceedingly slowly), the last anime of ARP was in 2015, 9 years ago. We don't know what was in the contract, nor when the various Captains or ship camos were originally created. Potentially, they have been sitting on Hyuga since the start.

As for the ship, we only get a brief glimpse of the hull in a flash back, showing a torp hit that broke her in two before sinking.

In regards to the model, most of the ARP ships already have an existing game ship that could be 'adjusted' via a camo. The Hyuga is alot more recent then the original collab, as are submarines. Potentially, they may not be covered under the original contract.

🤔
As you say, we're not in a position to know the terms of collaboration contract(s).