Weekend Spree, 5 to 7 July 2024.

Ensign Cthulhu

I spent credits like a drunken sailor. 

Drunken sailor spends vast amount of money in a bar.

Most of this is because I decided to say "Screw it, let's do it!", went to Randoms, threw on the blue boosters and finished off the Petropavlovsk grind, a thing which I'd originally scheduled the entirety of 2024 for as a co-op grind. So I bought and equipped her, and then I bought the modules for the Wisconsin...

Looking at the Uganda, I'm sensing that the time is right next week for another "Screw it, let's do it!" and grab the Auckland. By that time I'll be another 10,000 XP closer to the finish, and it will be an easy 35,000 XP pushover. 

Felix Schultz is a much more imposing 143,000 XP away from the Elbing; and while I've done that much in a day before, it's really not something I want to tackle unless there's a very good reason. We have two patches to go before the Anniversary; and assuming that they are both four weeks long, that gives me 60 days to finish her off. My current daily grind is 3000 ship XP, so that should easily get me there in that time. 

Long-term planning is the key to this game. I'm actually looking forward to dumping ship grinds during anniversary and snowflake seasons and concentrating on farming credits. If I research anything at all, it will be B modules for tech tree ships which don't have them yet. I've "only" got just over 100 million right now, and I need more of a buffer for when I buy the IJN gunboat DDs back for the Anniversary.

(SPEAKING OF WHICH, BE ADVISED THAT THE NEXT DOUBLE-POINTS RESEARCH BUREAU RESET IS IN 18 DAYS.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I spent credits like a drunken sailor.

(SPEAKING OF WHICH, BE ADVISED THAT THE NEXT DOUBLE-POINTS RESEARCH BUREAU RESET IS IN 18 DAYS.)

🙂 on the drunken sailor!  What do you do with a....

Thanks for the reminder on RB resets... I have about 600K FXP and should be able to reset the line one more time for x5... just have to decide if it's time to play it out then...

Does anyone happen to know when RB ships get announced?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Does anyone happen to know when RB ships get announced?

I wish I did. There's that modified Felix Schultz they're working on which I would actually quite like to have, but its currency hasn't been announced yet. One more double reset will get me any RB ship I want, but I don't want to spend all my RB and then find I should have held it back. If she's not for RB, I'll get the Sicilia and then any future resets will be for unique upgrades.

• Like 1

Picked up the Sirocco in a Tier 5 crate.  thats about it.

• Like 2

Played WOWs.  Completed several mission tasks.  Have several more yet to be done.

Played Star Trek Online and introduced one of my "Toons" to the summer festival on Planet Risa.
Flying with a jet-pack.  Surfing.  Exploring paths, mountain-tops and a dormant volcano.  Enjoying the scenery.
Waiting to see what sort of bird will hatch from the egg I collected.
Searching for "artifacts" scattered around the resort island's beaches.
Learning new dance steps in the group-dancing activities.
Good times.  🙂 

Visited the USS Albacore Submarine museum on Friday.
Created a topic about it.

Thought about riding my motorcycle, today.  But the temperatures were in the high 80's and low 90's Fahrenheit.  
So, when the Twitch app on my phone notified me of @Lord_Zath's stream, today, I decided to enjoy that instead.

Viewed @Ensign Cthulhu's Twitch stream, the other day, too.

My Wife attended the "celebration of life" for her recently deceased Aunt, this afternoon.  (I wasn't invited, so I didn't go.)
This morning my Wife learned of another death in her family.  A cancer battle, long fought, finally ended.
During better times, when my wife and I were getting along better, I had met both of them and they made a good impression on me.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Didn't play much WoWS this weekend.  I spent the better part of the long weekend (4 days) prepping and cleaning up after the Independence Day festivities.

Took the telescope out.  Went to a star party on Friday.  We had clear and dark skies (new moon.)  Got to see a number of Messier and other Deep Sky Objects through some rather extensive viewing apparatuses.  Fun time.

Also curious about the next RP ship, I've got quite a hoard of RPs and nothing to spend it on.

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

During better times, when my wife and I were getting along better,

Oh dear.

Too much info, Wolfie. 🙄

10 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Took the telescope out.  Went to a star party on Friday. 

F*** the weather here. F*** the cloud, f*** the overcast, and f*** it really hard for knowing exactly when the coolest sh** is going to be in the sky! 🤣

• Haha 1

Temperatures in New Hampshire are supposed to exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit, again, today @Ensign Cthulhu.
Shall I try to export some of that weather to you, in your secret lair somewhere in Canada?  🙂 

52 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Temperatures in New Hampshire are supposed to exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit, again, today @Ensign Cthulhu.
Shall I try to export some of that weather to you, in your secret lair somewhere in Canada?  🙂 

We're not that much cooler than you right now! 

My trusty Picket N-500T slide rule tells me we are getting 82 degrees F today, which is 542 degrees on the Rankine scale (Fahrenheit degrees above absolute zero). 

• Like 1

I commented on the WoWs UEFA thread in support of the Viribus Unitis that @yss_turtleship recently acquired.  @Nevermore135 and @unlooky seemed to think that VU is not that great of a ship.  So, I just whipped it out and this was the result.  I think this ship always gives a good performance.

The replay shows the kiting ability and the ship when the allies are all afk or something.

240707_141235_PWSB504-Viribus-Unitis_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

Screenshot(518).thumb.png.3ed8a75df37ca3a201f6ad0e56d63927.png

Keep in mind that LittleWhiteMouses's summary of this ship is following a study of a more robust BB thus her perspective is a little skewed.

Screenshot (517).png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was in New Westminster & Granite Falls visiting two friends & playing board games. I had a great time.  Cheers.

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1

Took a meandering trip from Manchester to the seacoast of New Hampshire, yesterday (July 9th., 2024).  
Had lunch in Seabrook, NH.  
Then rode north along route 1 and 1A.  
Picked a few places to take pictures, in North Hampton and near Rye beach.
Eventually I reached Portsmouth, and found a diner that has eluded me during previous excursions.
Rode past the USS Albacore Submarine museum and used the highway to connect with Route 4 west.
Got rained-on from Northwood to Epsom and into Allenstown.
Was able to connect with route 28 south (in Epsom) and eventually travel out of the rain near Pembroke.
Stopped at a gas station to use lens cleaning wipes on my helmet and my eyeglasses.  Poured a cup of water out of each of my boots, too.
From there I rode south into Hooksett and eventually to my home in Manchester.
At least my SG-250 motorcycle was dry by the time the trip was finished.
 Despite the rain, it was a good two-wheeled therapy session.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 7:58 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Played WOWs.  Completed several mission tasks.  Have several more yet to be done.

Played Star Trek Online and introduced one of my "Toons" to the summer festival on Planet Risa.
Flying with a jet-pack.  Surfing.  Exploring paths, mountain-tops and a dormant volcano.  Enjoying the scenery.
Waiting to see what sort of bird will hatch from the egg I collected.
Searching for "artifacts" scattered around the resort island's beaches.
Learning new dance steps in the group-dancing activities.
Good times.  🙂 

Visited the USS Albacore Submarine museum on Friday.
Created a topic about it.

Thought about riding my motorcycle, today.  But the temperatures were in the high 80's and low 90's Fahrenheit.  
So, when the Twitch app on my phone notified me of @Lord_Zath's stream, today, I decided to enjoy that instead.

Viewed @Ensign Cthulhu's Twitch stream, the other day, too.

My Wife attended the "celebration of life" for her recently deceased Aunt, this afternoon.  (I wasn't invited, so I didn't go.)
This morning my Wife learned of another death in her family.  A cancer battle, long fought, finally ended.
During better times, when my wife and I were getting along better, I had met both of them and they made a good impression on me.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Thanks for hanging out though a motorcycle ride isn't a bad choice either! Sorry to hear of the recent passings and familial circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1