New CV Test

_KlRlTO_

Apparently WG is just as stubborn as we all thought. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/upcoming-changes-to-aircraft-carriers-register-to-try-them-out/ 

On a related note, I am actively looking for people to form CV trolling divisions for this test. I am looking for people who want to log into the test and drive truly heinous AA ships. Defensive AA is mandatory if available. (Minotaur is acceptable without)

• Thanks 3

Good luck, and make sure you provide detailed feedback as part of the test.

WG has, in the past, liked to pretend they didn't realize proposed changes would have a bad impact...even if they were told about it ahead of time.

Do not give them that excuse. Keep records of your feedback for your own use as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be playing CV's and will be hunting CV's. If it proves to be as futile as it currently is, I'll come up with a new strategy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Details on the changes now published: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/join-our-test-of-new-aircraft-carrier-and-aa-mechanics/

The initial test features a limited range of ships. We are warned against trying anything else as it may cause problems:

image.thumb.png.09827916155969bee3ea75ae845ae0d2.png

Speculation is invited as to the reasons for the ships chosen. 

Ship selection is based on AA performance ???? Some are weak, some are strong.

CV's picked based on server performance????

Pure speculation of course lol. Given the CV selection, CV hunting isnt the best tactic, but I'll try it anyways

Edited by hipcanuck

If anyone is interested and uses Twitch, AFs_short_on_water is currently streaming.  He's a dedicated CV player and is doing the test (even Ahskance is watching him currently).

AFs_short_on_water - Twitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

It looks like flamuu & CarbineCarlito are also in the test.

Went to Carbine Carlito's stream and dropped directly into a puddle of bitterness and defeatism. This is not what the test needs.

Went to Flamu's stream and on top of his usual cynicism (also not needed), he had a cheer/resubscribe videoclip playing which featured Dasha blowing a kiss... BUT WITH FLAMU'S FACE SUPERIMPOSED ON HERS.🤮 😲 NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE WE DO NOT NEED FLAMU-FACED DASHA WITH A BEARD, I AM GOING TO GOUGE OUT MY EYES WITH A HOT POKER NOW AND POUR BOILING HOLY WATER INTO THE SOCKETS.  

(To clarify: I want problems to be identified and brought up for solution, but it needs to be done by CV mains and surface-ship mains who are not virulently anti-CV or bitter about the game in general, because if the pro-CV, not-anti-WG population finds problems it means they are real and serious. The Spock quote from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country comes to mind in the context of Kirk leading a peace mission to the Klingons. "Only Nixon could go to China.")

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

Im still dling the second install. Cant do it during the day as the wife works from home and needs all the internet she can get for her job. The wireless is good where I live but not that good.