German Hybrid Cruiser Not A Good Sign

tm63au

2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I'm dead serious... unless it is Skip Bombers or USN HE DBs, what else do you fear?  

(chat was funny on the last one)

Young Greasshopper.

8wfdob.gif

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Young Greasshopper.

8wfdob.gif

I will remember Master Clamm, and I also remember the lessons you taught me to share with others...

image.png.aadbb90de1288facea48a703dcf635a2.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I will remember Master Clamm, and I also remember the lessons you taught me to share with others...

image.png.aadbb90de1288facea48a703dcf635a2.png

Lol I am watching the whole kung fu series again with David Carridine it's so go good. You can watch for free on Amazon prime or Paramount plus I believe. So many good lessons to be learned in the 5 seasons it was a head of it's time as far as treating all people equally and charactor building goes.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Lol I am watching the whole kung fu series again with David Carridine it's so go good. You can watch for free on Amazon prime or Paramount plus I believe. So many good lessons to be learned in the 5 seasons it was a head of it's time as far as treating all people equally and charactor building goes.

I need to watch it again!!! I remember it from when I was a kid... good memories. 

Mental note to pick it up on Prime Video.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kynami said:

Ease of monetization basically. They have a far easier time selling ships than core game play. Ships can be seen by other players than those that have them. Ships can be used across multiple modes. Meanwhile something like a new operation is only useful to a significantly smaller segment of the population who will even interact with it. And beyond that it doesn't directly improve sales, instead they have to monkey with things to attempt making a few options in the dub shop good picks within said content. But again even there they will only get sales from people who don't already have a good answer. Which leads right back to why their most common form of new content is ships to sell.

I am fully aware that actual "product" translates to money, but I will still question it in this case.  As I mentioned, I'm all for new shiny's that I can use in Op's, but if core gameplay is not addressed, there won't be a game to play.  I've noted more and more Random players are showing up in Operations (easy to tell), so this is an indication of something that should be looked at, be it Random and/or Operations/Co-Op.

If they had a brain, they would go about trying to "spice things up" without bringing in stupid homing torpedoes.  They could revamp and/or create whole new Operations.  Bring in new and exciting maps, make Ocean appear more often and at lower tiers, etc.

All it all we could talk till we are blue in the face, ultimately it is their toy and they will do as they see fit.  Let us hope they make the toy better sooner rather than later.

On 7/6/2024 at 10:50 AM, cheapinkc said:

WG is the harbinger of the end with their ship releases.

This topic thread is about 'nothing'. I can't believe how much drivel is being expended on a nothing topic. Will anyone here buy this latest dreck design from Wedgie? 🤨

On 7/6/2024 at 11:23 AM, ArIskandir said:

I've never thought hybrids are particularly frustrating to play against... it's only they 'grow old' fast for me. Once you play a couple, playing a new one feels like 'more of the same' ... to a much higher degree than regular ships. I can't precisely tell why but that's how I feel about them.  

Honestly, I'd rather hybrids to be like they function in WoWs Legends. You get "airstrikes" that you can direct and also have COMPLETE CONTROL of the ship's main battery. You do NOT control the planes directly. It allows for a true hybrid gameplay of guns and plane attacks. : )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Honestly, I'd rather hybrids to be like they function in WoWs Legends. You get "airstrikes" that you can direct and also have COMPLETE CONTROL of the ship's main battery. You do NOT control the planes directly. It allows for a true hybrid gameplay of guns and plane attacks. : )

So basically like the Dutch girls.

Eh, if I can get map ranged strikes vs the Dutch girls, then I don't see an issue.  Otherwise, what would be the point?

13 hours ago, Volron said:

So basically like the Dutch girls.

Kind of, although the airstrikes are a wave of torpedo bombers. So you kinda choose where they'll launch the torpedoes at a certain distance, and what direction. It's bit wonky in execution, but the concept is great for hybrid ships.

44 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Kind of, although the airstrikes are a wave of torpedo bombers. So you kinda choose where they'll launch the torpedoes at a certain distance, and what direction. It's bit wonky in execution, but the concept is great for hybrid ships.

Selecting vector of attack is great, you can setup your own crossfire. Reads like a nice concept instead of losing control of your ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Ah so RTS style attack, at least this is how I am reading it.  I could definitely get behind an RTS style system for the Hybrids!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 7:12 PM, Volron said:

Ah so RTS style attack, at least this is how I am reading it.  I could definitely get behind an RTS style system for the Hybrids!

Kind of, but more limited maybe? You only have so much range. But you can kinda choose where to place your planes for the attack run, yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Kind of, but more limited maybe? You only have so much range. But you can kinda choose where to place your planes for the attack run, yeah.

I can somewhat get behind this.  Personally I'd prefer RTS days of control.  Ability to readjust course and speed of your ship while "in the air", then "fire and forget".

I doubt they'll try and burn the burnt braincells they have just trying to get this to work, sadly.

• Like 1