WG is so out of touch with their players....

USMC2145

On 7/6/2024 at 3:34 PM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

[excerpted, with spelling corrections]

He and his minions usually find out and create attention to most of the bugs that WG creates in every update they make (which is good for player and community) since WG has no quality control to speak of.

He also has a huge library of player analysis videos where any new player can actually learn the game, also a think WG is lacking. I know, because I learned a lot of my skill watching those back in the day. And I listened to some others as well, but they have some questionable advice to say the least. Its also VERY easy to see which Youtubers/Streamers that are very interested in staying in WG´s good graces.

He usually does great breakdowns about good/bad Coal/Steel/RB/Premiums and ranked ships etc. Captain build after reworks etc.

Flamu's instructional videos were the best YT WoWS content produced at the time. Though some are now long in the tooth, they are still valuable. Teaching moments are still interspersed through his videos, and they are still platinum. They come through all the more clearly since hes a super-uni player using a vanilla client. 

His channel is where several major bugs were clearly demonstrated for the first time. 

I watch YT rather than live so that I can scrub through the extended rants. 

• Like 5

On 7/5/2024 at 4:59 PM, Navalpride33 said:

My belief are based on precedent... Not fake news.

The reason WOWS have been popular (especially in the early years), was BECAUSE OF all the classes presented. NOT despite the CV class.

As I pointed out... You make the AA mechanic fair and no one would complain about the CV class... As I mentioned in my first post.. 0.8.0 series was the worst game development for WOWS.

That's why its "World of Warship" not World of (pick your ship class here).

No one here, can say anything to the contrary because its part of the history of WOWS.

I'm pointing out the obvious because there's certain population who only want one flavor. NOT all classes.

You have a valid point about making AA fair and people would relax.
But the vast majority of people did not sign up for CV's. We have a plethora of airplane games out there. We have very, very few big ship shooter games such as this. So the big draw is the shooting ships. It certainly was for me. I knew CV's existed, but they were not a draw what so ever. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

You have a valid point about making AA fair and people would relax.
But the vast majority of people did not sign up for CV's. We have a plethora of airplane games out there. We have very, very few big ship shooter games such as this. So the big draw is the shooting ships. It certainly was for me. I knew CV's existed, but they were not a draw what so ever. 

The CVs were the draw for me.

The other ships were just bonus. If CVs weren't in game, I wouldn't be here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think a single forum member is surprised by that coming from you lol. Hence my statement "the vast majority". 

3 hours ago, mashed68 said:

I don't think a single forum member is surprised by that coming from you lol. Hence my statement "the vast majority". 

🙂

On 7/5/2024 at 11:12 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So out of touch with the players who have an irrational hatred of carriers, you mean.

As someone else has mentioned earlier or in another thread, there are many other Airplane games out there and very few Large Ship shooters.... 

If we all left the game, there'd be no game....   Your views may just be the minority view......

Either way, this game lost me at Update 8.0 and the demise of the RTS carriers.  I am here on borrowed time till my mates find the "next game" we'll migrate to.... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Relative IMO... Since we dont have any number to disprove "the vast majority"...  Its safe to say, if people are still here even after the terrible 0.8.0 dev series... Then, its not the CV, its not subs making people to quit or move on.

It can be a combination of factors. Too many players quit and move on without giving any reason whatsoever.

If I were to speculate the cause of the downward trend.. Its not subs or CVs.

• Its no AA mechanic.
  • Its no fair ASW mechanic.
  • No skills required to win thus making the game-play stale
  • Poorly thought out Power distribution with each class ship
    • Some are OP then others and some ships are flat out neutered in a +2 tier match.
  • No definition of Game Balance in which players' can agree on. As a result, Company is power creeping with every ship launched.
  • Tired of ordnance favoritism.

IF it was CV or sub, those players are long gone by now (left back in 0.8.0 patch)... Those who remain, love WOWS product. IF they don't its because they just love to complain. OR... WOWS is the only product in town and thus they're incapable of moving one.

As for me... I just find my fun and run with it till the wheels fall off.. I rarely play high tiers anymore (Not even in PTS), its not the same match compared to when the Yamato was the big guns in the game.

Games at mid tiers are just more engaging.. Yes, some high tier players' do have a hard time adjusting to mid tier play.

• Like 4

Without even reading through this thread. I'll only respond to the title...

They never have. Except in the early days when the bait was fresh. Once enough got hooked, they went all-in to grab as much money from their hooked clientele (junkies). Same with WOT, same with this game. 

If you think your fix is worth the cash, have at it. I'm rehabbed now so, not going to worry about it. I've given up on trying to get them to change anything.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2024 at 10:21 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Free stuff that I get for minimizing the stream, muting the tab and doing something more productive.  (YES !!!)

For someone who has so much loathing for WG, you have so little imagination when it comes to relieving them of their stuff for no significant effort. Shame on you. 

Oh, Holy Mother of the Schwartz,  Ensign !!!  Give Us a Harrumph.......for penance ! 

Don't get them angry !  Those with little imagination often take offense when you make fun of them !!! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WG has been completely out of touch with their WoWS player base since the great CV rework WRECK 😒 (plus all their other subsequent 'out of touch' decisions). 

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Asym said:

Don't get them angry !  Those with little imagination often take offense when you make fun of them !!! 

I like to imagine that he's broken several keyboards and punched several screens already because of the frustration he gets from not being allowed to type what he desperately wishes to type.

I sometimes wish we were allowed to be more free with our expletives here. The pent-up hostility might not be as great as it is if we were able to scream insults at each other and get the rage off our chests.

On 7/8/2024 at 9:46 AM, Pugilistic said:

Flamu's instructional videos were the best YT WoWS content produced at the time. Though some are now long in the tooth, they are still valuable. Teaching moments are still interspersed through his videos, and they are still platinum. They come through all the more clearly since hes a super-uni player using a vanilla client. 

I will give Flamu this: when he was on-topic he was one of the best teachers in the game, if not THE best (I say was because I grew tired of the rants and no longer give him an audience). As a fighting sailor, only Flambass comes close; and IMHO  Flambass isn't quite as good a teacher as Flamu.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I like to imagine that he's broken several keyboards and punched several screens already because of the frustration he gets from not being allowed to type what he desperately wishes to type.

I sometimes wish we were allowed to be more free with our expletives here. The pent-up hostility might not be as great as it is if we were able to scream insults at each other and get the rage off our chests.

Ye of so little Pocking Imagination !   And, I agree we should have some loser standards to express ourselves....

We are all "creative" in some way and Languages from other Cultures can be of assistance.  Now, all we have to do is to collect "alternative words" we can us from other languages...>!

I'll start:  Pock replaces F***      Your turn Mate !  Them down under have extensive verbal imaginations !

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Asym said:

Ye of so little Pocking Imagination !   And, I agree we should have some loser standards to express ourselves....

We are all "creative" in some way and Languages from other Cultures can be of assistance.  Now, all we have to do is to collect "alternative words" we can us from other languages...>!

I'll start:  Pock replaces F***      Your turn Mate !  Them down under have extensive verbal imaginations !

What the Fracking Frelling Felgercarb are you blathering about?  😉 

(Battlestar Galactica reboot, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica 1970's series)

If given some more centons, I might be able to write-up some phrases that will hit somone right in their mivonks.  🤔
https://farscape.fandom.com/wiki/Mivonks

https://farscape.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Slang

https://en.battlestarwiki.org/Terminology

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

What the Fracking Frelling Felgercarb are you blathering about?  😉 

(Battlestar Galactica reboot, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica 1970's series)

If given some more centons, I might be able to write-up some phrases that will hit somone right in their mivonks.  🤔
https://farscape.fandom.com/wiki/Mivonks

That's the SPIRIT ! 

You pocking, leg reamf......  (Fort Benning, 1975)

• Haha 1

With this topic & we are only on page 3 (still)? C'mon guys, this one should be 'red hot' forever! 😁

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Maybe we could just get some more 'colorful' response emoticons. Like the red faced one on the official World of Warships Forum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Maybe we could just get some more 'colorful' response emoticons. Like the red faced one on the official World of Warships Forum.

Or go back to the good old days and have none. Back in the day you'd actually reply to somebody if you had something to say (or nothing to say as it often was), not just these random emotion pings that tell you what somebody FEELS about what you said. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

...somebody FEELS about what you said. 

We could use an internet with a little less feelings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Or visit Giphy and borrow some of theirs?

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1