WG is so out of touch with their players....

USMC2145

2 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

You can't actually believe that, do you? 

My belief are based on precedent... Not fake news.

The reason WOWS have been popular (especially in the early years), was BECAUSE OF all the classes presented. NOT despite the CV class.

As I pointed out... You make the AA mechanic fair and no one would complain about the CV class... As I mentioned in my first post.. 0.8.0 series was the worst game development for WOWS.

That's why its "World of Warship" not World of (pick your ship class here).

No one here, can say anything to the contrary because its part of the history of WOWS.

I'm pointing out the obvious because there's certain population who only want one flavor. NOT all classes.

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

In the topic at hand of DEVELOPMENT and in context of their principles regarding the development of WOWS... They HAVE NOT deviated as I stated... They have been staying the course since 2019.  For which You can refer to my original post to see what they were again.

In other aspect... You know as well as I, WG has priors... However, in the context and topic of WOWS Development. They haven't wavered.

I agree that WG has been consistent with their actions.

The plan has been only slightly modified over time.

Now, what WG has said was their plan has changed over the years...but given how fast and loose they play with the truth...should not be relied upon.

8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I agree that WG has been consistent with their actions.

The plan has been only slightly modified over time.

Now, what WG has said was their plan has changed over the years...but given how fast and loose they play with the truth...should not be relied upon.

Well as I noted... WG is staying the course with more hybrids, more applications with planes (ex mines).

This is what they noted/stated/executed since 2019. I dont think its changing anytime soon.

========================================================================

HOWEVER, for those who have time to see the EU stream. If they announce any changes to the WOWS development principles/mission statement..

By all means post it to examine it. So far, on those topics... Its steady as she goes on course.

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

These are the exactly the same thing.

Willful blindness from WG staff if they believe that.

LOL

Classic corporate blindness.

EVERYTHING in game is ultimately WGs responsibility. Saying stuff like the development plan isn't WGs fault is absurd on its face.

At this point, the old WG staff playbook of blaming the playerbase is stale and old.

You’re feeding it.

Don’t, man!

11 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

when hybrid ships first showed up everyone thought that they would be OP and everybody would played them. But now I dont even see them in games and there are a lot of them so far. Even when they are allowed in CBs people dont play them. So WG is pushing something that people dont even play and when they play them they are pretty bad.

I do look forward for Tennesse, always good to see a historical ship, even though that speed man...

Agree, i have Hyuga, Tone and the US Hybrids. But I do not feel any urge to play them. With all other ships. Why play f.e. Kearsarge when I have Montana. Ohio, Missouri and Georgia.

Why play Ise with only 8-14 inch when I have Fuso with 21p Yamamoto or Hyuga with MRB. If I want to  fly planes (almost never but sometimes I do it for the team in Naval battles) and now when there seem to be a new personal challenges I must take out the CVs again. But Hybrids? Well only in my port for the collection. When I did play the US Hybrids in the grinding phase I played them as Battleships , only flying when absolutely necessary.  After the grind I doubt that I have played them once.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Agree, i have Hyuga, Tone and the US Hybrids. But I do not feel any urge to play them. With all other ships. Why play f.e. Kearsarge when I have Montana. Ohio, Missouri and Georgia.

Why play Ise with only 8-14 inch when I have Fuso with 21p Yamamoto or Hyuga with MRB. If I want to  fly planes (almost never but sometimes I do it for the team in Naval battles) and now when there seem to be a new personal challenges I must take out the CVs again. But Hybrids? Well only in my port for the collection. When I did play the US Hybrids in the grinding phase I played them as Battleships , only flying when absolutely necessary.  After the grind I doubt that I have played them once.

So... how does WG get us to buy ships that we don't even want to play?.... A mystery.

image.jpeg.7aedc868ba4ab8997f5f447325611794.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So... how does WG get us to buy ships that we don't even want to play?.... A mystery.

No idea. I never bought a single premium hybrid - they were all in santa crates. Halford is the only exception and that was coal so doesn't count. US hybrid BB's are awful to play. Bomb dispersion so bad the bombs often mostly miss BB's. Forget trying to drop on DD's now. Pre-nerf they were ok, not powerful, just ok. The guns are poor and the hulls can't take a hit. Maybe it's just the asia server, but everyone just focuses the hybrid like it's scary to face, when it just can't sustain a thing at all. I hate them. Don't even play them for snowflakes.

• Like 1

I'm not representative by any means, but like to go to battle with both "Kearsarge" and "Delaware" due to their increased utility and simply because they are good ships. Pleasant to sail and of high combat value. Since I like CV - play it's a little step to like and use "Bearcats" with their "Tiny Tims" and the dive bombers of the TT. I'm looking forward to welcome "Louisiana" in my port. 

I just find it sad that people still pay attention to Flamu and his gaslighting. Manufactured player rage is how he makes his stream go.

6 minutes ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

I just find it sad that people still pay attention to Flamu and his gaslighting. Manufactured player rage is how he makes his stream go.

Yes, we should all just listen to one opinion and not hear any opposing views or ideas.   Flamu is entertaining to some people. They like what he has to say and how he says it. Like him or not, he has more charisma in his middle finger than the entirety of Wargaming 's staff who were hired to do similar work. Flamu excels at what he does and makes a living doing it ON HIS OWN. Wargaming pays people to represent their company and product and they do so in a barely watchable manner. They are humorless dolts that have all the passion of rocks. I find manufactured excitement as annoying as manufactured rage. All of it is crap. 

Personally I don't watch any of the community contributors or Wargaming's stuff. I don't find any of it especially interesting and find that if I have a question, putting it to the forum communities gets faster and better responses. I only tune into Twitch to farm the free drops and that is done with the speakers and monitor turned off while I sleep. If they ever stopped handing out freebies there, I would never watch another Warships video again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

As if WG staff are any better...

LOL.

If you have to pay people to watch your social media content (what do you think Twitch Drops are?), your content is not very good.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

As if WG staff are any better...

LOL.

If you have to pay people to watch your social media content (what do you think Twitch Drops are?), your content is not very good.

Maybe they put subliminal messages there....

image.jpeg.1d7e8a37dc2ba57bd1c039f57a71b00f.jpeg

17 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Is this a video from Potato Quality?  The guy who rage-quit when he missed a shot?
I've no interest in clicking on that.

No Flamu .... which means 70% of this forum has no interest in clicking on that...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The problem with hybrids it they are becoming an overused joke/meme. Yes, they can be entertaining to play and a very fun change of pace from playing "regular" ships, i thoroughly enjoyed the US BB Hybrid line, but they are very niche, like a joke or meme... if you repeat it too much they just stop being funny... Hybrid BBs, Hybrid Cruisers, even Hybrid DDs... fairly sure there'll be Hybrid Subs (hello Iona)... tho I'm mildly curious about Hybrid CVs.

ILOVEA💖💖😊 (@xxxairdopexxx)’s videos with original sound - ILOVEA💖💖😊 |  TikTok

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

(what do you think Twitch Drops are?)

Free stuff that I get for minimizing the stream, muting the tab and doing something more productive.

For someone who has so much loathing for WG, you have so little imagination when it comes to relieving them of their stuff for no significant effort. Shame on you.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Santas crates + grinding tech tree?

• Like 2

You may not like Flamu, but you have to admit he has found his niche. Between YouTube, Twitch and other things he makes around $200k a year. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 3LUE said:

You may not like Flamu, but you have to admit he has found his niche. Between YouTube, Twitch and other things he makes around $200k a year. 

Drugs also has found a niche, hateful speech and ideologies have a niche, anti-vaccine has a niche, even 'flat earth' has a niche... Having a niche of like minded people and making money out of it is not a significant 'achievement' per se... It boils down to the content You are peddling and the consequences of it.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Drugs also has found a niche, hateful speech and ideologies have a niche, anti-vaccine has a niche, even 'flat earth' has a niche... Having a niche of like minded people and making money out of it is not a significant 'achievement' per se... It boils down to the content You are peddling and the consequences of it.

Even WG Discord has a niche... unfortunately, it's a pretty toxic niche.

But, I digress...it's the Flamu drinking game!

Everyone take a couple shots!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Whatever is getting peddled is still way safer than Radithor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 11:12 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So out of touch with the players who have an irrational hatred of carriers, you mean.

This.

According to the main website there's finally going to be a test of the previously proposed carrier changes.

You know; the ones that make it sound like carriers will be completely unable to spot independently; even if they flew over the entire US Pacific fleet?

If you're going to listen to the whiners and crybabies WG, AGAIN, (cough;0.8.0;cough,) why don't you just cut out all pretense and remove carriers from the game?

That way we can get back to hating destroyers without all the drama.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
edits
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yes, we should all just listen to one opinion and not hear any opposing views or ideas.   Flamu is entertaining to some people. They like what he has to say and how he says it. Like him or not, he has more charisma in his middle finger than the entirety of Wargaming 's staff who were hired to do similar work. Flamu excels at what he does and makes a living doing it ON HIS OWN. Wargaming pays people to represent their company and product and they do so in a barely watchable manner. They are humorless dolts that have all the passion of rocks. I find manufactured excitement as annoying as manufactured rage. All of it is crap. 

Personally I don't watch any of the community contributors or Wargaming's stuff. I don't find any of it especially interesting and find that if I have a question, putting it to the forum communities gets faster and better responses. I only tune into Twitch to farm the free drops and that is done with the speakers and monitor turned off while I sleep. If they ever stopped handing out freebies there, I would never watch another Warships video again.

I just want to second that!

I know im probably in the minority here, in the case that I listen to SOME of the stuff Flamu says! I know hes a bit toxic and rages on about WG at every chance (strange how most OG CCs /Streamers of WOW are like that....?), but I can actually separate the toxicity and rage from his actual experience and facts, which he also has loads of. I would still consider him one of the best players in this game and that says a lot.

I never visit his Twitch but usually catch his videos and even tho his delivery sometimes are lacking he is usually right on point on WG latest BS, and THAT I can appreciate! He and mis minions usually find out and create attention to most of the buggs that WG creates in every update they make (which is good for player and community) since WG has no quality control to speak of.

He also has a huge library of player analysis videos where any new player can actually learn the game, also a think WG is lacking. I know, because I learned a lot of my skill watching those back in the day. And I listened to some others as well, but they have some questionable advice to say the least. Its also VERY easy to see which Youtubers/Streamers that are very interested in staying in WG´s good graces.

He usually does great breakdowns about good/bad Coal/Steel/RB/Premiums and ranked ships etc. Captain build after reworks etc.

So, I know hes toxic! I know he says things like "having hands" and other worse stuff. But even tho I disagree with his delivery, I CAN actually listen thru the BS and pick all the golden nuggets from his videos and experience.

And going by the state of the playerbase of this game, I REALLY wish more players would watch his videos.... because they NEED it

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

5 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I just want to second that!

I know im probably in the minority here, in the case that I listen to SOME of the stuff Flamu says! I know hes a bit toxic and rages on about WG at every chance (strange how most OG CCs /Streamers of WOW are like that....?), but I can actually separate the toxicity and rage from his actual experience and facts, which he also has loads of. I would still consider him one of the best players in this game and that says a lot.

I never visit his Twitch but usually catch his videos and even tho his delivery sometimes are lacking he is usually right on point on WG latest BS, and THAT I can appreciate! He and mis minions usually find out and create attention to most of the buggs that WG creates in every update they make (which is good for player and community) since WG has no quality control to speak of.

He also has a huge library of player analysis videos where any new player can actually learn the game, also a think WG is lacking. I know, because I learned a lot of my skill watching those back in the day. And I listened to some others as well, but they have some questionable advice to say the least. Its also VERY easy to see which Youtubers/Streamers that are very interested in staying in WG´s good graces.

He usually does great breakdowns about good/bad Coal/Steel/RB/Premiums and ranked ships etc. Captain build after reworks etc.

So, I know hes toxic! I know he says things like "having hands" and other worse stuff. But even tho I disagree with his delivery, I CAN actually listen thru the BS and pick all the golden nuggets from his videos and experience.

And going by the state of the playerbase of this game, I REALLY wish more players would watch his videos.... because they NEED it

Old school said it more elegantly than I was going to, but I only really have time for one warship youtuber these days and I'd rather watch his to learn more (even if I don't have time to play ranked/clan battles to apply it) than just Jingles for laughs. I will watch Yuro as those are top tier content/fun. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That way we can get back to hating destroyers without all the drama.

I'm ready!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1