WG is so out of touch with their players....

USMC2145

Posted (edited)

Just what we need is another hybrid ship with planes. Who ever at WG thought this was a good idea should be fired. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Like 7
  • Bored 1

• USMC2145 changed the title to WG is so out of touch with their players....

So out of touch with the players who have an irrational hatred of carriers, you mean.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So out of touch with the players who have an irrational hatred of carriers, you mean.

Which is a large part of the playerbase. I would bet if you gave the option to play the game without CV and Subs, 80% plus of the playerbase would take the option. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I love carriers... and submarines.  I do hate what they've done with them in the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Better to push missiles already... 

For those like me that are Flamu-allergic and prefer the root source...

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/544

I mean, yeah.

Why not at this point...

The worst of all possible worlds. What could go wrong?

Still, you have to admire (not really but I'm trying to say something nice about them) WG's positive stance and commitment to believe that they can somehow make things that don't really work in the game to work in the game whatever it takes.

Too bad it's the players who have to live with the mess WG keeps making of the game. I suppose there are players who like things the way they are, though, but it's not my cup of tea for sure.

• Like 7

when hybrid ships first showed up everyone thought that they would be OP and everybody would played them. But now I dont even see them in games and there are a lot of them so far. Even when they are allowed in CBs people dont play them. So WG is pushing something that people dont even play and when they play them they are pretty bad.

I do look forward for Tennesse, always good to see a historical ship, even though that speed man...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

when hybrid ships first showed up everyone thought that they would be OP and everybody would played them. But now I dont even see them in games and there are a lot of them so far. Even when they are allowed in CBs people dont play them. So WG is pushing something that people dont even play and when they play them they are pretty bad.

I do look forward for Tennesse, always good to see a historical ship, even though that speed man...

I think it's because unlike carrier, you actually have a ship that has to be somewhere to be effective, but you can't control it while doing plane things (and autopilot barely works in  straight line anymore) and recalling without using your strike - your long cd special move - feels bad. They just feel bad all round. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Just what we need is another hybrid ship with planes. Who ever at WG thought this was a good idea should be fired. 

I saw the video, ROFL when he went on the rant about players who loves German cruisers, hes 100% on point and WG should really think what they write in these articles. It just show how disconnected WG is to their own game, but no news there.

"Fans of German cruisers Rejoyce! ! !" Here go fly some planes ......                                 (said no Hinden player ..... ever...)

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

They are pretty OP in capable hands since you combine powers of both BB and CV, so that is pretty obvious. Heres a Kearsarge game from last night

Spoiler

But fortunately for most of us the majority don't have capable hands in this game so like most OP ships they get "balanced by player base" and for most "silent majority" that plays them they just end up being pretty bad CVs since they park them behinds islands and never shoot their guns, or they steam full engine into enemy team and dies while focusing on flying planes because they dont understand the autopilot.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

when hybrid ships first showed up everyone thought that they would be OP and everybody would played them. But now I dont even see them in games and there are a lot of them so far.

CV players without auto damage control and auto sub attacks suck at life. So they stay with the easy button regular cv's. 

• Bored 2

6 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Is this a video from Potato Quality?  The guy who rage-quit when he missed a shot?
I've no interest in clicking on that.

Posted (edited)

WG is out of touch of the players OR The Players' themselves are blind and out of touch with WG's plans for their game.

I'm willing to go with the second part.. Here's why

• CVs have been in the game since the creation of WOWS.. That means, ALL OF US are here assembled to play WOWS because of CVs not, despite of it.
  • Subs are so nurtured, Their torps cant sink a mini torp ship of the Omaha Operation.
  • I've personally been on the forefront on WOWS dev since 2019. Their agenda back then were (just to refresh some of you).
    • Hybrids
    • More Planes
    •  Sea Mines

So, instead of scaling back on the Power of certain ordnance at high tier, making some ships unplayable (I rather have a root canal then to play at high tier even, in PTS). WG has doubled down, ITS 2024!

There's other issues as well. BBs have to much options which makes them useless as a team concept ship, (Why give a BB 20km torps at tier 9... Its stupid as hell).  Some BBs offensive and defensive capabilities out ranges some DDs -2 tiers below them. Thus making that DD useless in the match.

WG, if you listen to their streams (especially EU ones), haven't deviated at all with their DEV plans. Problem is...

(Refer back to the statement after the OR in bold).

This is not WGs fault... Its the ones who dont pay attention and only want GAME CODES.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Addendum.

WG dev philosophy haven't changed since 2019.

Torps will never be an offensive weapon

• Torps were nerf'd on all platforms.. Surprisingly, BB torps are immune to the nerf hammer.
    • 0.8.0 Series was the worst series of nerfs. Liquidator, Flooding rework, the list goes on and on.
    • IJN torp nerf.

Planes will be king of the skies..

• WG doesn't want to implement a fair AA mechanic for everyone.
  • Tiers 1-6 are CV planes friendly.. They do not want to scare off CV players with a fair AA mechanic.
  • CVs Can harass players for 3 min straight after the CV has sunk.. NO OTHER CLASS is allowed to get away with this.

AP is the weapon of choice because of its lethality favoritism by those in charge.

• Which is why BBs are the top DMG dealers in the game
    • CVs were close but the Torp nerf secured it in second place.

As long as WG keeps with these principled philosophy in place. No changes are going to be made to balance out the game (mechanics wise and ordnance wise).

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Is this a video from Potato Quality?  The guy who rage-quit when he missed a shot?
I've no interest in clicking on that.

It is from Flamu

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 3LUE said:

It is from Flamu

Thanks.
I've no interest in him, either.  But it's good to know whose name is the correct one.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

WG is out of touch of the players OR The Players' themselves are blind and out of touch with WG's plans for their game.

These are the exactly the same thing.

46 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

CVs have been in the game since the creation of WOWS.. That means, ALL OF US are here assembled to play WOWS because of CVs not, despite of it.

Willful blindness from WG staff if they believe that.

47 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is not WGs fault... Its the ones who dont pay attention and only want GAME CODES.

LOL

Classic corporate blindness.

EVERYTHING in game is ultimately WGs responsibility. Saying stuff like the development plan isn't WGs fault is absurd on its face.

At this point, the old WG staff playbook of blaming the playerbase is stale and old.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Willful blindness from WG staff if they believe that.

LOL

Classic corporate blindness.

EVERYTHING in game is ultimately WGs responsibility. Saying stuff like the development plan isn't WGs fault is absurd on its face.

At this point, the old WG staff playbook of blaming the playerbase is stale and old.

Well... Ultimately, WG is in charge... THAT's what I pointed out.. I also pointed out WG's precedent and transparent on their concept in development (for 5 years now)

When does Corporate responsibility ends and PERSONAL responsibility begins?

The way I see it... WG has stated what they're going to do and so far they have delivered. We the player base are the consumers not paying attention with our ears plugged... Asking for game codes instead of paying attention. In that regard, yup its the players fault. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Different example... I eat two quarter pounders a day every day because I like the product.. Even if the company is warning me it will kill me.

I die... My family sue the company for wrongful death. Does this lawsuit have merit? OR is it frivolous?

2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The way I see it... WG has stated what they're going to do and so far they have delivered. We the player base are the consumers not paying attention with our ears plugged... Asking for game codes instead of paying attention. In that regard, yup its the players fault. 

WG has also repeatedly said other things when they believed lying about the path would take some heat off.

It is not the fault of the playerbase when WG deliberately obfuscates their communication. The confusion stems from WGs choices.

Almost nothing is the players fault in game.

4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Different example... I eat two quarter pounders a day every day because I like the product.. Even if the company is warning me it will kill me.

I die... My family sue the company for wrongful death. Does this lawsuit have merit? OR is it frivolous?

Further information, the company warning is in fine print on a different part of the menu card than the quarter pounder. Meanwhile, the company has print and TV advertisements saturating the market saying how healthy their burger is and how happy it will make you and your family.

Does the lawsuit have merit now?

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG has also repeatedly said other things when they believed lying about the path would take some heat off.

It is not the fault of the playerbase when WG deliberately obfuscates their communication. The confusion stems from WGs choices.

Almost nothing is the players fault in game.

In the topic at hand of DEVELOPMENT and in context of their principles regarding the development of WOWS... They HAVE NOT deviated as I stated... They have been staying the course since 2019.  For which You can refer to my original post to see what they were again.

In other aspect... You know as well as I, WG has priors... However, in the context and topic of WOWS Development. They haven't wavered.

7 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You didn't watch the video i suppose.

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The worst of all possible worlds. What could go wrong?

Still, you have to admire (not really but I'm trying to say something nice about them) WG's positive stance and commitment to believe that they can somehow make things that don't really work in the game to work in the game whatever it takes.

Too bad it's the players who have to live with the mess WG keeps making of the game. I suppose there are players who like things the way they are, though, but it's not my cup of tea for sure.

It's funny because planes on non-carriers didn't really work in real life either... why are they trying to model it in game?  Kinda' crazy... I still think all non carriers should have to STOP to retrieve their planes...

Not to model reality, but to stop this nonsense in game.

When WG finally gets to forcing missiles and helicopters into the game... well, I'll probably be playing DCS by then.

Sad, since I like this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:
  • CVs have been in the game since the creation of WOWS.. That means, ALL OF US are here assembled to play WOWS because of CVs not, despite of it.

You can't actually believe that, do you? 

• Like 1

Because i don't know how to quote a chained conversation..
"WG is out of touch of the players OR The Players' themselves are blind and out of touch with WG's plans for their game."
53 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Your right.   WG's plans for the game have lead us to 4 concurrent events to generate revenue instead of organic growth.      Their plan is working out real well for them.