Nothing Special for the 4th?

Gillhunter

Seems like there is nothing special going on, not even increased credits. Am I missing something?

• Thanks 1

how not? they are selling Rhode Island for 160 euros haha

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Gillhunter said:

Seems like there is nothing special going on, not even increased credits. Am I missing something?

Nope.

Because, we are the "deplorables server" - where,  they (our host) really doesn't have to do anything to make money.........and, that's our fate. 

If we want "greatness", we have to act with "greatness" as our philosophy....  These last 3 years hasn't been or had any moments of greatness.  Only the faltering of what was great because of what my Father's and Grandfather's generations did to "make it great...."  Even with it's faults...  Blood, sweat and tears was it's currency.  Now, we are measured by how many "likes" or "followers we have..." 

We get what we deserve.  Is the silence bothering any of you?

NOTHING SPECIAL is where we are and "We can only reap what we sow....." 

So, if we see nothing special........we aren't something special to deserve rewards....  after all, who really is going to quit the game whom already haven't....???

• Like 1

Nope just overpriced Admiral packs again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

"United States Independence Day in World of Warships

A vibrant in-game event celebrating United States Independence Day is here!  ..."
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/united-states-independence-day-in-wows/

Yeah, events to........encourage,  spending money.   That's all we are I guess? A revenue sink.

Here: this is what I was thinking when I read your post my friend:

Mann: Wolfie, people will come, Wolfie.

They'll come to this server for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your Clan homepage, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive in your Clan as innocent as children, longing for the past.

"Of course, we won't mind if you look around," you'll say. "It's only twenty dollars per log on." They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it. For it is money they have and peace they lack.

Mark: Wolfie, please read the TOS and just sign the papers.

Mann: And they'll sail out to the oceans, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the bridges, where they dreamed to be when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game, and it'll be as if they'd dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces.

Mark: Wolfie, when the game opens in the morning, they'll ask for more money......

Mann: People will come, Woflie.

Mark: We're playing games of chance and will be broke, Wolfie. You must play now or you lose everything !

Mann: The one constant through all the years, Wolfie, have been Navies.

America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But Navies, ships has marked the time.

This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Wolfie. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Wolfie. People will most definitely come."

(Fields of Dream, 1989, ARR - as copied and modified from American Rhetoric, 2024)

Somehow, "A vibrant in-game event celebrating United States Independence Day is here!" somehow "just missed the point for me...."  Vibrant?  It's pro forma - a clone of a clone...      It's just another grind.....sigh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if we have that much money to spend on a one ship just for a game we probably wouldnt even play the game, we would enjoy something else.

If I still remember, games are for the kids, so where a kid will get that much money and also spend it on one ship? Or the kids these days are richer then before?

Question, are we now buying fun to play the game?

• Like 1

Just now, Wulf_Ace said:

If I still remember, games are for the kids,

This game is for bigger, older "kids" with more money to spend.

People talk about their "inner child" - well, I remember sitting in bed at age ten or so and reading E.H.H. Archibald's The Metal Fighting Ship in the Royal Navy until well past my normal lights out, and when that inner child found this game, I can guarantee you he was very very happy. Still is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Paladin1954 said:

Nope just overpriced Admiral packs again.

And many other companies are offering sales on their products, too.
Cars, motorcycles, boats, and etc. & etc.
So ... just exactly how is that so different from WOWs offering products for sale?
Because, each of us can choose for ourselves how to spend (or not spend) our money.  🙂 

17 minutes ago, Asym said:

Yeah, events to........encourage,  spending money.   That's all we are I guess? A revenue sink.

Here: this is what I was thinking when I read your post my friend:

<snipped for brevity>

Well, there's also this...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"USNI Photos: U.S. Independence Day

Captains! On the 4th of July, the United States traditionally celebrates Independence Day, the origins of which date back to 1776 when the Declaration of Independence was signed.

The nation’s Navy takes part in the activities every year, and one of the first U.S. Navy warships—and certainly the oldest U.S. Navy vessel still in commission—is USS Constitution. You can probably imagine that she has a long history of joining the July 4th celebrations! We've prepared some photos of this magnificent ship along with others that capture the commemoration of the Independence Day in the U.S. Navy through the years.  ..."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/history/naval-history-in-photos-us-independence-day/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Bored 1

well, i've been wondering...

is it about time for the "other" snowflake event?

the one with ribbons instead of snowflakes that has coal for T5-7 ships steel for T8 & 9s and some other goody for T10s

used to be snowflakes at christmas time and ribbons around the fourth with pretty much the same rewards, no?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, derf said:

well, i've been wondering...

is it about time for the "other" snowflake event?

the one with ribbons instead of snowflakes that has coal for T5-7 ships steel for T8 & 9s and some other goody for T10s

used to be snowflakes at christmas time and ribbons around the fourth with pretty much the same rewards, no?

That event usually happens in August around the time of Wargaming's anniversary 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

And many other companies are offering sales on their products, too.
Cars, motorcycles, boats, and etc. & etc.
So ... just exactly how is that so different from WOWs offering products for sale?
Because, each of us can choose for ourselves how to spend (or not spend) our money.  🙂 

Well, there's also this...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"USNI Photos: U.S. Independence Day

Captains! On the 4th of July, the United States traditionally celebrates Independence Day, the origins of which date back to 1776 when the Declaration of Independence was signed.

The nation’s Navy takes part in the activities every year, and one of the first U.S. Navy warships—and certainly the oldest U.S. Navy vessel still in commission—is USS Constitution. You can probably imagine that she has a long history of joining the July 4th celebrations! We've prepared some photos of this magnificent ship along with others that capture the commemoration of the Independence Day in the U.S. Navy through the years.  ..."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/history/naval-history-in-photos-us-independence-day/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's nice.....but, evades where this thread seems to wants to travel towards - something special that isn't tied to endless F2P grinds or spending.  Want some examples: 

from @derf  "the one with ribbons instead of snowflakes that has coal for T5-7 ships steel for T8 & 9s and some other goody for T10s." - a great idea for a four day flake event !!!!  

A respite from the constant droning of gimmick sales....

So, a suggestion vis-a'-vis a complaint:

What might be fun for the future - would be a "build your own DD from history"...  In other words, you purchase (for a small price in Coal, Steel or Research Points) an un-used ship name and then, like a dockyard, build your unique variant by grinding for several months, module by module.  As an example:  you want an Akizuki as it was fielded in WW2?........a fast, Radar capable, AA ship...  Or, a US Fletcher as a dedicated ASW ship...  With more capabilities than the standard package......the price would not be in real money........but, the grind would increase as the modules have layers of complexity that means a longer grind !. 

Let's take the Akizuki example:  Surface and Air radars....  Neither are available for the Aki now.  But, to have an AA platform, you'd need the AA radar that comes in several range varieties with different capabilities....each with a higher grind to earn.   Then, the AA is "actually aimed" and that module comes in layers of complexity of one or more modes of use....  Speed, heal, smoke and torpedoes are choices to make to fit the "displacement" limits....  You can't have everything....  It's a collectors dream !   And, if our host likes what you create - they "buy it" from you with In-game Credits and then, field it in an event !!!

Ever wonder what an OP ship could be???

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Asym said:

What might be fun for the future

Very good idea.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Asym said:

That's nice.....but, evades where this thread seems to wants to travel towards - something special that isn't tied to endless F2P grinds or spending.  Want some examples: 

from @derf  "the one with ribbons instead of snowflakes that has coal for T5-7 ships steel for T8 & 9s and some other goody for T10s." - a great idea for a four day flake event !!!!  

A respite from the constant droning of gimmick sales....

So, a suggestion vis-a'-vis a complaint:

What might be fun for the future - would be a "build your own DD from history"...  In other words, you purchase (for a small price in Coal, Steel or Research Points) an un-used ship name and then, like a dockyard, build your unique variant by grinding for several months, module by module.  As an example:  you want an Akizuki as it was fielded in WW2?........a fast, Radar capable, AA ship...  Or, a US Fletcher as a dedicated ASW ship...  With more capabilities than the standard package......the price would not be in real money........but, the grind would increase as the modules have layers of complexity that means a longer grind !. 

Let's take the Akizuki example:  Surface and Air radars....  Neither are available for the Aki now.  But, to have an AA platform, you'd need the AA radar that comes in several range varieties with different capabilities....each with a higher grind to earn.   Then, the AA is "actually aimed" and that module comes in layers of complexity of one or more modes of use....  Speed, heal, smoke and torpedoes are choices to make to fit the "displacement" limits....  You can't have everything....  It's a collectors dream !   And, if our host likes what you create - they "buy it" from you with In-game Credits and then, field it in an event !!!

Ever wonder what an OP ship could be???

1 minute ago, thornzero said:

Very good idea.

Food for thought.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Food for thought.

Don't hold your breath. It will never happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CFagan_1987 said:

That event usually happens in August around the time of Wargaming's anniversary 

Nah, September, when it’s WoWs’ anniversary.

August is WG’s anniversary, and the event is more modest.

And without fail, people who get these confused will turn out in August going “WTeeEff, WG??? Where’s all the stuff??? Last year’s anniversary was bigger!!!”

• Like 2

On the upside, today's announcement on 13.7 dockyard allows me to get Almirante Oquendo for free...

• Like 1

Well, we can always choose to play just our US BB's today and that way we get to hold our 4th of July BBQueue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

if we have that much money to spend on a one ship just for a game we probably wouldnt even play the game, we would enjoy something else.

If I still remember, games are for the kids, so where a kid will get that much money and also spend it on one ship? Or the kids these days are richer then before?

Question, are we now buying fun to play the game?

Nah...gaming companies figured out adults have the real money. Games aren't for kids anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, we can always choose to play just our US BB's today and that way we get to hold our 4th of July BBQueue.

Unfortunately, British battleships do better BBQing with their HE.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Nah...gaming companies figured out adults have the real money. Games aren't for kids anymore.

To the tune of over 3oo Billion annually.

• Like 1