CLOSED TEST 13.7 - NEW SHIPS

Clodenjoy

17 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Then again, if I wasn't into premium ships and wanted a US BB, I'd very probably go with the North Carolina.

As a Tech-tree ship, the North Carolina is okay.
The subtle differences in her maneuvering can be noticed, if one has both ships to compare (namely, the Massachusetts and the North Carolina).
I think the Massachusetts maneuvers better, because her turning radius is tighter.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Massachusetts
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:North_Carolina

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Problem is the "Big Mamie" (USS Massachusetts) is difficult for a new player to acquire. 
She's only available for limited periods of time, during special events which occur at certain times of the year.

"Massa" is better than "NorCa" due to her better turning circle and armor layout, but there is always "Alabama", the other "Sodak",  obtainable. One of the absolutely best premium BB in TVIII IMHO. She combines the properties of "Massa" with an outstandingly good torpedo protection. 

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As a Tech-tree ship, the North Carolina is okay.
The subtle differences in her maneuvering can be noticed, if one has both ships to compare (namely, the Massachusetts and the North Carolina).
I think the Massachusetts maneuvers better, because her turning radius is tighter.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Massachusetts
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:North_Carolina

1 hour ago, OT2_2 said:

"Massa" is better than "NorCa" due to her better turning circle and armor layout, but there is always "Alabama", the other "Sodak",  obtainable. One of the absolutely best premium BB in TVIII IMHO. She combines the properties of "Massa" with an outstandingly good torpedo protection. 

How come both of you forgot to bring up Massa's secondaries?...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Honestly, I didn't forget about them, but those secondaries are not very often of importance any longer. In random battles you won't be able to utilize their strength in its entirety. That's the reason why her sister "Alabama" might be sometimes of higher value in regard of her more accurate main guns which also feature longer range. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

Honestly, I didn't forget about them, but those secondaries are not very often of importance any longer. In random battles you won't be able to utilize their strength in its entirety. That's the reason why her sister "Alabama" might be sometimes of higher value in regard of her more accurate main guns which also feature longer range. 

Well, in operations they help a bit.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I considered the Massachusett's secondary battery to have a reputation that preceded my post.
They're so famous, I figured that you already knew about the secondary battery guns.  🙂 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

There is more to the game than randoms these days, and as someone who has both, I can tell you that Massa is much better for Ops (and Asymmetrics if they come back) than Alabama, due to the secondaries. And I strongly suspect it is the same for brawls.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Kruzenstern said:

There is more to the game than randoms these days, and as someone who has both, I can tell you that Massa is much better for Ops (and Asymmetrics if they come back) than Alabama, due to the secondaries. And I strongly suspect it is the same for brawls.

Of course you are right, but for randoms only "Alabama" is on par with "Massa". 

• Like 1