WoWs UEFA thread

Tricericon

48 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

did somebody guessed all the results?

I think, at least Switzerland screwed up the results for a lot of people. Moreover, this was the first match and the bookmakers favored Italy a little more. Another piece was to stumble on Germany-Spain.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:
52 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

It's name sounds like I  got something I need to go see a doctor about.....maybe they have medication to cure it. lol...

As I told @I_cant_Swim_ I will have to go check the @LittleWhiteMouse files to see what the ship is all about.

image.png.7e3ae62480e32a1852b5d3f1ee6fabbb.png

Expand  

Pain. That ship is about pain.

In all seriousness, she began development as a tier IV BB and left development hell as a tier V, and it shows. She didn’t even receive all the buffs that were announced in the dev blog when she was moved to tier V. Her guns are good (but not anything crazy for tier V) while everything else is pretty bad. She’s slow, has very low hit points (there is a meme involving using her HP total as a unit of measure for other BBs), and practically nonexistent AA.

I got her in a Twitch giveaway back during the original EU DD release. I have never been more happy to have not paid for a premium ship.

My VU is a lot of fun.  With my 21 cpt., she has a top speed of 23.8 knots which is faster that a Colorado and can out duel a Colorado.  Usually does damage above 60k.  It dodges torpedos well and hits what you aim at including submarines.  Stay away from aeroplanes. 

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Note that Mikoyan received some help in update 13.1:

• 'Update 13.1:
    • Main battery dispersion forumla improved from that of Napoli to that of a standard cruiser.
    • Main battery parameters changed:
      • Reload time reduced 13.2 to 11 s.
      • AP shell damage increased 4,550 to 4,650.'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Kratbowl said:

I think, at least Switzerland screwed up the results for a lot of people. Moreover, this was the first match and the bookmakers favored Italy a little more. Another piece was to stumble on Germany-Spain.

I guessed that but Austria got me, didnt expect them to lose

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

did somebody guessed all the results?

if they did they were very fortunate . this euro has been totally full of suprises  as the smaller countries have been dominating  this time round . 

the big countries have been struggling   only spain has been consistand  

kind of like this years  copa america  

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I guessed that but Austria got me, didnt expect them to lose

Austria at least has less experience in the playoffs than the Turks. This is a very significant factor, even taking into account the 4-year cycle. I also regret that I gave in to impulse and bet on the Austrians, but oh well.

I don’t know where this Euro is “full of surprises” - there are no real sensations in the playoffs. 4 years ago Denmark was 1/2, for example. Lineup here is super guessable as a whole.

So I miss Italia, Austria, and Germany, I am not sure which to choice  in semi final, everyone can win

Screenshot (4302).png

1 minute ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

So I miss Italia, Austria, and Germany, I am not sure which to choice  in semi final, everyone can win

Screenshot (4302).png

out of the 4 ive seen spain is the strongest . the other 3 havent played as well as the used to so its going to be a tough choice for the semi's and finals . either way  i couldnt predict this years  euro's 

59 minutes ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

I am not sure which to choice  in semi final

It makes sense to wait to make a prediction until the final hours - someone important may be injured or otherwise not in the lineup for the match.

• Like 1

Agree with @Kratbowl. That's what I'm doing. At this stage, where the teams are so much closer in chances of winning, waiting to include all latest developments before the game can be useful.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

My VU is a lot of fun.  With my 21 cpt., she has a top speed of 23.8 knots which is faster that a Colorado and can out duel a Colorado.

With the propulsion upgrade Colorado is 0.5 knot faster than VU (which is always fully upgraded by nature of being a premium ship) - 20.5 knots vs. 21 knots. Thus, comparing apples to apples (or as much as can be when comparing ships two tiers apart), CO is faster. The situation that you describe also doesn’t mean that the tier VII Colorado isn’t an objectively superior battleship despite her numerous flaws, it just means that (at least in that instance) you were the better player. Place the same player with an equivalent captain in the CO and the vast majority of the time the CO will win, as should be expected vs. a same-type ship two tiers lower. I can also “out duel” a tier VII BB (one superior to CO) in my tier V Kongo or Konig, ships that the majority of players will agree are at least decent tier V BBs. All that means is that I either outplayed my opponent or set up and took advantage of an advantageous set of circumstances to come out on top in that instance. It doesn’t mean that either ship is especially powerful.

Some players may like VU (to each their own, I guess), but it is definitely near the bottom of any objective ranking of tier V battleships. The guns are decent for the tier (and she has twelve of them), but every other feature of her’s is worthy of being placed in tier IV, and she struggles for it. WG definitely did her dirty when they up-tiered her to tier V and forgot about her for a half a year + (I don’t recall the exact time, but she dropped off the face of the earth for a long time) before announcing her release alongside the EU DDs. As I mentioned, she didn’t even receive all the advertised buffs, and LWM went out of her way to actively warn players in her review that the ship being sold was not the one those that had been paying attention to the dev blogs had been led to expect.

If I needed to take a tier V BB (and I own all of them currently available) into Randoms or even tier V-exclusive ranked I might pick VU over Oklahoma if forced to choose between the two, but that is faint praise.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

shot-24_07.10_14_33.11-0694.jpg.abe8b11619f300883b4ea48688bdff02.jpg

Yes! I was lucky enough for Unitis too ^^ One of the most desirable remaining T5 ships. Essentially, intrigue really remained only in today's match. Spain picked up euro, that's 90%.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kratbowl said:

Yes! I was lucky enough for Unitis too ^^ One of the most desirable remaining T5 ships. Essentially, intrigue really remained only in today's match. Spain picked up euro, that's 90%.

Congrats, I hope I will also get this ship from container when I collect the rewards.

• Thanks 1

Just for completion's sake, Spain are favored in the final.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 12:20 PM, Nevermore135 said:

The guns are decent for the tier (and she has twelve of them), but every other feature of her’s is worthy of being placed in tier IV,

The armor scheme is really good, maybe the most effective for a T5 BB. She's also quite small, making her deceptively durable at long range engagements where her very accurate battery excels

2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

The armor scheme is really good, maybe the most effective for a T5 BB. She's also quite small, making her deceptively durable at long range engagements where her very accurate battery excels

Her main battery isn’t particularly accurate, though: VU utilizes the same dispersion curve as French and Italian BBs. Any “accuracy” one experiences is due to shell volume putting its thumb on the scales, and there are other 12 (and even a few 14) gun BBs at the tier. Her guns aren’t bad, but they’re not great either for tier V. Distributed armor schemes are also pretty common on low tier BBs, so the armor isn’t really anything special. Regardless, it’s severely undercut by her low HP pool.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

Oh yeah! Spain won.

Now I can welcome my Poi with the free T7 crate.

Also, with community token that I preserve for the T7 crate, I can welcome Krasny Krim.

Finally I finish collect all ships from T5 and T7 crate for the moment

Edited by a252
  • Like 1

I had Spain and England as finalists, but picked England in the final, L for me