Peer review please

Nautic_Hunt

You play too passive, you were behind your friendlies almost the entire game. Your hull was practically unscathed considering you have heals.

Granted, the Scliffens and Donskoi were locking down parts of the map. But you could've stuck out a bit more elsewhere.

I'd tell you to render it for us next time, but apparently the forum's file size limit is too small.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Verytis said:

I'd tell you to render it for us next time, but apparently the forum's file size limit is too small.

@HogHammer @I_cant_Swim_ You guys probably have an idea.

The best option as it's also 'future proof' is to make a video and upload it some place like YouTube.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
HogHammer
This post was recognized by HogHammer!

"Great job EC supporting a fellow forum member!"

Ensign Cthulhu was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

Send the replay to @Lord_Zath and you can join him on his stream and have it reviewed in real time, even in voice chat if you have Discord.

Tell him I sent you and he can use my points to cover the replay.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Verytis said:

You play too passive, you were behind your friendlies almost the entire game. Your hull was practically unscathed considering you have heals.

Granted, the Scliffens and Donskoi were locking down parts of the map. But you could've stuck out a bit more elsewhere.

Fair and interesting point.

I'd assume by too 'passive' you mean I was too far away and I should do the damage and spotting from 10km?

Edited by Nautic_Hunt

My Khabarovsk has had a nearly 10 km detection radius for a while.
Which means using terrain and speed to get close enough to spot stealthy opponents.

Not a big deal in Co-op or "1 versus 1" brawls.
But it is a concern in random battles and other modes where the opposing team has 5 or more human players.

"Challenge accepted", eh?  🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My Khabarovsk has had a nearly 10 km detection radius for a while.
Which means using terrain and speed to get close enough to spot stealthy opponents.

Not a big deal in Co-op or "1 versus 1" brawls.
But it is a concern in random battles and other modes where the opposing team has 5 or more human players.

"Challenge accepted", eh?  🙂 

I find the 9.7 conceal is too hard in randoms, they have expectations of high visibility gunboat DDs being super sneaky and capping etc and late battle the extra 1km can make a difference

Edited by Nautic_Hunt
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

Fair and interesting point.

I'd assume by too 'passive' you mean I was too far away and I should do the damage and spotting from 10km?

Not necessarily move closer, but just be more aggressive in terms of positioning and fire.

Instead of HE spamming the bowtanking Donskoi, you could've attempted moving down and try getting his broadside with AP for more effective dmg. That said, he was basically already dead because he reversed so far away from the island. I'd have pushed him knowing he'll die very soon, but that involves a degree of trust in teammates.

I also wouldn't bother with the bowtanking Salem, which is rather resistant to fire dmg because superheal.

Alternatively, focus more on setting BBs on fire. Most BB players follow the general rule of waiting for 2nd fire before using DCP, so I make a habit of keeping only 1 fire on every BB within my range. Either way, their much larger superstructures and fire weakness tends to make them easier to farm down as a DD, especially when compared to certain more tanky CAs.

Edited by Verytis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@HogHammer @I_cant_Swim_ You guys probably have an idea.

As far as forum posting quota are concerned, we will be re-evaluating our storage space usage, while taking future growth predictions into account, in a few months. We have some headroom (planned that way) so we'll see then how much we can increase file sizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

One way to get better with a ship is to go to YouTube and watch how it is played by known good players. You have to understand that how you play a ship can depend on many factors. The map, what your team is doing, what the enemy team is doing, ships your team and enemy team has, CV and DD spotting and more. The Minimap is something you must look at a lot and understand what it is showing you. I watch the minimap like a hawk. 

Edited by Zysyss
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Verytis said:

Not necessarily move closer, but just be more aggressive in terms of positioning and fire.

Instead of HE spamming the bowtanking Donskoi, you could've attempted moving down and try getting his broadside with AP for more effective dmg. That said, he was basically already dead because he reversed so far away from the island. I'd have pushed him knowing he'll die very soon, but that involves a degree of trust in teammates.

Exactly that - I know I goofed there, I had a good opportunity to get South and create a crossfire too. Glad you pointed that out, because I figured it was an obvious misplay.

I also struggle to trust team mates. (Like the bit at the end when the Pruessen ragged me for leaving cap. I actually had a civil conversation with him after and explained why capping wouldn't have worked against a good Daring player)

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 5:51 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Send the replay to @Lord_Zath and you can join him on his stream and have it reviewed in real time, even in voice chat if you have Discord.

You are too kind!

• Like 2

For those interested, we're going live and will cover this and other replays today!!!

• Like 2

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

That was a great commentary and almost exactly marries up with what I thought my misplays were.

I've taken a lot onboard from your comments.

Also, I think I'll rename my NA account to 'Dramatic_Turning' if it's available!

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2024 at 8:51 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Thank you for setting this up. I appreciate it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

Also, I think I'll rename my NA account to 'Dramatic_Turning' if it's available!

Did Zath's stream voice say your name out loud with unfortunate consequences? 😋

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

Thank you for setting this up. I appreciate it.

You are quite welcome. Hope you stick around for more; always plenty of room in the Zath family.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Did Zath's stream voice say your name out loud with unfortunate consequences? 😋

No, I was hoping he would though!

I've changed it now though 

8 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

I've changed it now though 

Seriously?  Wow.  🙂 

• Like 1

@Nautic_Hunt, somehow you've reminded me of a scene from a movie.  🙂 

• Like 1