For the first time (IIRC) we have 1 vs. 1 Brawl on large maps (even with 3 CAPs) - do you like it?

Leo_Apollo11

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I dont think WG understand the meaning of brawl and what we want from it.

It should be the same class of ships and small maps only, full close combat 

That would be boring (same class of ships, all the time).  😉 
The maps are already small, or at least some small ones are in the map rotation. 
Some seem to be mid-sized, while others have little room for even a DD with 5.6 km concealment to hide.

10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That would be boring (same class of ships, all the time).  😉 
The maps are already small, or at least some small ones are in the map rotation. 
Some seem to be mid-sized, while others have little room for even a DD with 5.6 km concealment to hide.

that is the point of BRAWL, anything else is just a diffrent random game

If you take a DD in, you assume some risks in the range of opponents but the nice aspect of 1v1 is experience with other tier 1os [or whatever tier it is].

I've played a lot of brawls since last autumn with the exception of a little time off in April and May. I generally find them challenging and they are good for new players or players not so good in the stats arena. Many of the participants are 4o%ers based on what I've seen. I usually see about 5o% performance on a given day. There are just some matches you can win and some you can't. A 1v1 can be completed in a day. 3v3 or more takes a couple/ three days. 

I've been able to pile on the cexp. Guaranteed 8ok if you persist + whatever [sometimes several 1ook with a 21 pointer]. This has helped me level or fix captains often enough to make it worth my while. The coal is nice also. 

The experience is worthwhile and has helped me deal with randoms in a better way. Brawls force you into the fight more often than less. Caps become less important but can tip over a match. 

I would recommend brawls to new people or to people interested in more activity in randoms. I guesstimate that I've done a couple thousand brawls and I might do them a little less as time goes on depending on my interest, the cexp I can generate, or the conditions. I tend to shy away from tier 1o usually because it is a little costly in the silver department even if you are winning. But the time spent in high tiers is still worthwhile especially with premiums that are penalized less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, thornzero said:

If you take a DD in, you assume some risks in the range of opponents but the nice aspect of 1v1 is experience with other tier 1os [or whatever tier it is].

I've played a lot of brawls since last autumn with the exception of a little time off in April and May. I generally find them challenging and they are good for new players or players not so good in the stats arena. Many of the participants are 4o%ers based on what I've seen. I usually see about 5o% performance on a given day. There are just some matches you can win and some you can't. A 1v1 can be completed in a day. 3v3 or more takes a couple/ three days. 

I've been able to pile on the cexp. Guaranteed 8ok if you persist + whatever [sometimes several 1ook with a 21 pointer]. This has helped me level or fix captains often enough to make it worth my while. The coal is nice also. 

The experience is worthwhile and has helped me deal with randoms in a better way. Brawls force you into the fight more often than less. Caps become less important but can tip over a match. 

I would recommend brawls to new people or to people interested in more activity in randoms. I guesstimate that I've done a couple thousand brawls and I might do them a little less as time goes on depending on my interest, the cexp I can generate, or the conditions. I tend to shy away from tier 1o usually because it is a little costly in the silver department even if you are winning. But the time spent in high tiers is still worthwhile especially with premiums that are penalized less.

Decent sales pitch.

I wouldn't recommend tier 10 to any new player though...but that's me.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Decent sales pitch.

I wouldn't recommend tier 10 to any new player though...but that's me.

They are already rushing to high tiers. Brawls is low risk and low toxicity. There isn't time for banter. But I do not mean brand new players; obviously. [and brawls is not exclusive to tier 1o.]

But you would be surprised at the player base with 1o k / 2o k / 3o k battles played on account with sub 4o% or worse WR. These accounts will never have an opportunity at correction.

Edited by thornzero