have an extra helping out poutine

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Indeed!

🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Happy Canada Day.

My grand-père emigrated from Canada to the USA, so I'm part Canuckian.  Never had any poutine...and pretty sure I'm gonna die without trying any!  🤐

Edited by Slammer58
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

Happy Canada Day.

My grand-père emigrated from Canada to the USA, so I'm part Canuckian.  Never had any poutine...and pretty sure I'm gonna die without trying any!  🤐

Poutine is the thing to die for. 

Best I had was in Montreal at a place called 'La Banquise' - Poutine, fries-fresh curds-gravy with shredded smoked meat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I travelled from Montreal to Vancouver Island where I live. Tired, so now, vegging out. Sunny weather. A good day. 😀

• Like 2

While I live in the U.S., I have French/Canadian ancestry.
Poutine is worth a road-trip.

Happy Canada Day.  🙂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

While I live in the U.S., I have French/Canadian ancestry.
Poutine is worth a road-trip.

Happy Canada Day.  🙂 

100% agree - Poutine in Montreal is about as good as it gets !  It made trips to Montreal (which were daily) worth all of the flying !!!  Lunch, which was an "event," added about 10 pounds.....  I seriously doubt I'll ever make it back there;  but, we have a local French restraunt that severs......a close entry.  Not the same or of the same depth of richness of what they made in Montreal, but close....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

Never had any poutine...

British-Canadian here: poutine was a key (wondrous) discovery when I moved over here...

• Like 1

For me, as a Canuck, poutine is over rated. The beer however, is not! The abundance of micro breweries that have sprung up in the last dozen years is amazing. One can find any flavour from 1% to 9% alcohol, from a regular sized can to a 1.5 liter mini jug 🙂  Although I gotta admit the 9% stuff is a little harsh and it comes in a 900ml can (almost a liter for you Americans).

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 6:26 PM, Asym said:

… we have a local French restraunt that severs......

Severs?

That’s guillotine, not poutine!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

For me, as a Canuck, poutine is over rated. The beer however, is not! The abundance of micro breweries that have sprung up in the last dozen years is amazing. One can find any flavour from 1% to 9% alcohol, from a regular sized can to a 1.5 liter mini jug 🙂  Although I gotta admit the 9% stuff is a little harsh and it comes in a 900ml can (almost a liter for you Americans).

This. When I came over from the UK, I was expecting a howling wasteland on the beer front, populated only by unfortunate American 'beer'; happily I've been pleasantly surprised - as the post above attests, Canada has a pretty decent range of good and varied beer (and - I discovered the other day - you can even get Tim Taylor's Landlord here as well!)...